BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] BRFC vs. Chelsea Protest Details

Silittl

Following the failure of the club to remove Steve Kean as Manager of our once proud Club. We find ourselves organising a fourth consecutive protest.

It is time to turn up the heat. We have it good authority that the Rao family will be at this game with some VIP's. So if we want to ensure we get the message across it is important you all take note of the details below.

The protest will start in the ground at 14:15. It will continue right through the match and then a sit in for 45 min after the match.

So in short:

45 min Protesting before the game

90 min of protesting during the game

45 min of protesting after the game.

It is open house on everyone who is involved in making decisions about Steve Kean's tenure is fair game.

Banners before the game and after but not during as per the last protest. Again this is a peaceful protest and we request you do not put any Racist, Insulting or Violence inciting slogans on banners.

Any questions please inbox myself or Glen.

Thanks for your Support

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

same old same old, been to last two protests but doesnt seem to be getting through to them, can some enlighten me as to how this protest will send a clearer message, feeling very dejected and downbeat right now.

We have targeted Kean alone so far. This time as the Rao family are the with guests. We make them the subject of our anger. We can't give up. Numbers are growing and we have to be stronger than the them.

same old same old, been to last two protests but doesnt seem to be getting through to them, can some enlighten me as to how this protest will send a clearer message, feeling very dejected and downbeat right now.

It sends the message that no matter what we are not prepared to give up and that we are prepared to fight for as long as it takes in order to do what's best for our club.

I am right in thinking that this game is also on sky? if so then a real chance to show them up in front of the world?

Glen Mullan hinted at that when we discussed this action. But at moment game showing as 3pm KO on Sat 5/11/2011 on club website.

I really hope it is because like you say it would really show them up.

Glen Mullan hinted at that when we discussed this action. But at moment game showing as 3pm KO on Sat 5/11/2011 on club website.

I really hope it is because like you say it would really show them up.

It would be a massive coo for us if it was switched to be screened live....but then would numbers drop as people would stay at home ?

It would be a massive coo for us if it was switched to be screened live....but then would numbers drop as people whould stay at home ?

If it had been switched we know about so we have to work the fact it's a normal Saturday game and get people joining in.

What is the protest during the game actually gonna be then if you're saying no banners? Unfortunately (and rather surprisingly) there was no appetite amongst 90% of people for having any kind of go at Kean during the Tottenham game. So I think it entirely depends on whether Chelsea bury or not as to whether there'll be any kind of audible criticism towards Kean or Venkys during the game.

I'm up for the rest of it. It doesn't seem to be working but as far as I can see these are our options:

1. Do nothing and be thoroughly miserable.

2. Get angry and try and do something.

3. Boycott the game and feel bad for abandoning Rovers and wasting some of the money spent on a season ticket.

Anger sounds like the most enjoyable of those emotions!

As mentioned above, the difference here is the owners being present (according to some, briljant if true), big team like Chelsea, and therefore alot more attention on the game and what happens with protests and sit ins.

And come 5 november, I asume the numbers will just continue to grow.

Against Arsenal alot of people failed to join in on the protest, but this weekend it seems that the numbers had grown, which is great. So against Chelsea the numbers may grow yet again.

As long as Venkys continue to back Kean, we must continue to do these things, I believe it will affect them in the end, and these days we might see a change somehow. I just have a feeling about it.

I am delighted to the so many fans CARE about their club and actually try to DO what they can! :tu: :tu:

When the time is right the fans will protest during the game. It will happen, it's just a question of time and will be an emotional response to what we see on the pitch.

Whether we sing Kean Out or Venkys Out is another matter. I guess the latter will have more impact if they have guests at the game.

This has started the fans MUST keep the pressure on. I've said before and still believe it true, we are the only ones who care.

If he is given a new contract I say 90 minute protest, otherwise only protest if we are losing and playing bad.

What if we are winning its hard to not enjoy that and respect it dispite wanting Kean to fail and f off.

I have to admit I feel that the most decisive way of getting the message across is to chant for Kean Out during the game. I would imagine that if Rovers are 2 nil down against Chelsea and they are in cruise control mode then it would be as good a time as any to get the chants going. I know there's the ongoing arguement that fans don't want to distract the players on the pitch with negative chanting but during the game is the only chance we have as a group to give Kean pelters. I can understand people not wanting loads of banners up during the game because they may obstruct the view of others.

If he gets a new contract as rumoured then I see no other alternative other than to give Kean hell during the game.

Also it wouldn't be just Kean who gets it if he was to be given a new contract. Venky's should become the targets aswell if this actually happens.

If he is given a new contract I say 90 minute protest, otherwise only protest if we are losing and playing bad.

What if we are winning its hard to not enjoy that and respect it dispite wanting Kean to fail and f off.

This is half the problem - statistically Kean is due his one win in five against Norwich or Chelsea. The silent majority will not join in if we are playing well/winning.

Personally think it's too early to start planning the Chelsea protest. Sit back and see what happens, if we lose on Weds and Sat he may be gone anyway. If he's still here, we can always rely on Kean/Venkys to say/do something to provoke a reaction...

Having said that, IF Venkys are coming over for this game - letting them know they are in for a protest if Kean's still here will definitely give them something to worry about.

Archived