BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] BRFC vs. Chelsea Protest Details

Silittl

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It is about letting the Rao family know that a proud football club, with a history/tradition of having good values and principles, should not accept this any longer.

This is not about one game or losing the odd match – they have been a complete disaster on/off the field with their decision making and their judgement has been heavily clouded by a crude conflict of interest.

There is only one thing that is going to get everyone's attention.

A pitch invasion. On mass. A few hundred doing that would get the message accross and what you would find is more and more people join in.

That will just get people arrested and life bans from Ewood. We are NOT hooligans we are football supporters who are deeply concerned. This is not something which should be proposed or carried through, As supporters we can hold our heads up high that WE are conducting ourselves the correct way.

If others wish to break the law thats their own perogative, but I won't be joining them

So what were the Wolves fans doing on the last game of the season, breaking the law? Was there a mass arrest? No.

What i am saying is, if a large number do it, then no one will be arrested.

Like what others have said, the marches and the protests after the game have been far to peaceful. It is time for a bit of anger to be filtered through. Stop Communicating with the club. Things need to get out of control!

• Backroom

People will be arrested though, you are breaking the law when you step on the pitch and I'm sure the club has pre empted the poilce to act accordingly.

Notice Roberts has just tweeted this "Just listening to Mick McCarthys Press Conference... Well said that MAN...." in reference to McCarthy branding the unhappy fans who booed at weekend as 'mindless idiots'.

So that's what he thinks of the people who pay good money to watch his laughable attempts at imitating a footballer and keeping him in his luxury lifestyle? What an arselicker.

Can someone make a sign that says 'Roberts Out' too? ;)

So what were the Wolves fans doing on the last game of the season, breaking the law? Was there a mass arrest? No.

What i am saying is, if a large number do it, then no one will be arrested.

Like what others have said, the marches and the protests after the game have been far to peaceful. It is time for a bit of anger to be filtered through. Stop Communicating with the club. Things need to get out of control!

Wolves fans were celebrating. The powers that be would view that differently to individuals or a group doing it in what would be interpreted as being an 'angry' protest.

Also with the later there is much more chance of something nasty kicking off.

Guest Wen Y Hu

I am right in thinking that this game is also on sky? if so then a real chance to show them up in front of the world?

Apologies if anyone else has posted this, but the Chelsea match will be broadcast live outside the UK in many parts of the world - be it Sky, Fox, ESPN or whatever.

There needs to be some kind of protest at every game both home and away until this clown is gone. He keeps using the QPR game to show how the fans who travel are fully behind him.

For teh chelsea game, how much would it cost to have a small plane fly over the stadium with a KEAN OUT sign? This would have some impact I would guess.

can we not get a local business to sponsor loads of printed KEAN OUT tshirts. The sponsor would have to be backing the campaign and therefore their logo can also be printed on the tshirts? Just an idea and I may even email a few local busineses to see if they would be up for it. If they are then we could get them handed out before the next home match and they cannot be taken off us and they will be our clothes and if thousands are wearing them then everytime the camera pans into the crowd there should be someone in shot with the words "KEAN OUT" on them

Update:

I am going to print a massive banner along the lines of this....

bad6185f5510ecd2b1e6ddd5f399a4ab_large.jpg

If anyone want me to change the text let me know so I can get it all finalised

You've spelled 'immature' incorrectly. And you generally only need three leader dots...

I have to admit to being disappointed with the numbers staying behind after the Spurs game.. I cannot understand the apathy about wanting to be seen to do something about our situation.Why will people not give just 10-20 minutes of their time to make a very important point?

Whatever is being planned for the Chelsea game it needs to be big and vocal,Kean AND Venky's need knocking down a peg or two.Again I beg the question though, are there enough people inside the ground during the game who can be 'bothered' after witnessing what I did in N04 on Sunday!

Notice Roberts has just tweeted this "Just listening to Mick McCarthys Press Conference... Well said that MAN...." in reference to McCarthy branding the unhappy fans who booed at weekend as 'mindless idiots'.

So that's what he thinks of the people who pay good money to watch his laughable attempts at imitating a footballer and keeping him in his luxury lifestyle? What an arselicker.

Can someone make a sign that says 'Roberts Out' too?

HLKXQ.png

ey2Bk.png

Can someone make a sign that says 'Roberts Out' too? ;)

What are you on about? He's criticising Wolves fans who are having a go at McCarthy, not Rovers fans who are having a go at him. Wolves fans are being idiots, they were mid-table in the Championship when McCarthy took over and he's managed their only consecutive seasons in the top division for 30 years. The situation we have with Kean is nothing like the one Wolves have with McCarthy so its jumping the gun a bit assuming Roberts thinks they're the same.

Although what is the same is Wolves fans treatment of Karl Henry and our fans treatment of Andrews last season. It seems the same idiots are at it again with Roberts, well done is all I can say, great effort. I just hope none of you are peddling this "support the players" mantra, because a sustained bullying campaign against one of them does nothing of the sort.

What are you on about? He's criticising Wolves fans who are having a go at McCarthy, not Rovers fans who are having a go at him. Wolves fans are being idiots, they were mid-table in the Championship when McCarthy took over and he's managed their only consecutive seasons in the top division for 30 years. The situation we have with Kean is nothing like the one Wolves have with McCarthy so its jumping the gun a bit assuming Roberts thinks they're the same.

Although what is the same is Wolves fans treatment of Karl Henry and our fans treatment of Andrews last season. It seems the same idiots are at it again with Roberts, well done is all I can say, great effort. I just hope none of you are peddling this "support the players" mantra, because a sustained bullying campaign against one of them does nothing of the sort.

I read it as a thinly veiled attack on the Rovers fans who had the temerity to protest against Kean. No doubt McCarthy was referring *only* to Wolves fans, but I'm not sure Roberts is as innocent as you're trying to suggest. He's been the most awful kiss-ass ever since Kean was appointed - fine if we were doing well, but given Kean's record Roberts is defending the indefensible because he knows any manager worth his salt wouldn't have him in the team. Given some of the responses on twitter it would appear that I'm not alone in reading it this way.

My thoughts on in ground protesting as the next step, we are presently too fragmented to have a serious effect, imagine if the 4 or5 hundred marchers all bought tickets in the Darwen End we took our banners, it would take a fair while for the stewards to remove them all, then we have 4 or 5 hundred chanting for Kean out it would make for a bigger impact the point being we are all of the same mind i post this with the same criteria as the marches that is a peaceful law abiding protest obviously it wouldnt work for the high profile games but hey ho rule 1 KEAN OUT

My thoughts on in ground protesting as the next step, we are presently too fragmented to have a serious effect, imagine if the 4 or5 hundred marchers all bought tickets in the Darwen End we took our banners, it would take a fair while for the stewards to remove them all, then we have 4 or 5 hundred chanting for Kean out it would make for a bigger impact the point being we are all of the same mind i post this with the same criteria as the marches that is a peaceful law abiding protest obviously it wouldnt work for the high profile games but hey ho rule 1 KEAN OUT

They would be better buying in the riverside, it would make far more of an impact

I read it as a thinly veiled attack on the Rovers fans who had the temerity to protest against Kean. No doubt McCarthy was referring *only* to Wolves fans, but I'm not sure Roberts is as innocent as you're trying to suggest. He's been the most awful kiss-ass ever since Kean was appointed - fine if we were doing well, but given Kean's record Roberts is defending the indefensible because he knows any manager worth his salt wouldn't have him in the team. Given some of the responses on twitter it would appear that I'm not alone in reading it this way.

You seemed to read it as a thinly veiled attack on Rovers fans having a go at Roberts seeing as you linked it to his footballing ability in the next line. All the Rovers players are arse-kissing, Nzonzi, Nelsen, Dann, Yakubu, Samba, Olsson, they've all given interviews supporting Kean over the last month or 2. The only difference is Roberts' output is greater but thats not because he loves Kean more or whatever, its because he's trying to build a career in the media and the way you do that is through exposure (look at Savage at then moment).

All the players probably have exactly the same private view of Kean as the fans but it should be obvious why their public opinion has to be different. Speaking out against anything connected to the club could result in them being immediately dropped, and if Kean somehow turns it around and stays long-term, any contract renewal would be out the window and they'd never play for the club again. Its their job, players obviously aren't gonna do anything to jeopardise it. Not really sure why fans seem to expect them to or even care about their phoney public comments on Kean.

Bought my flight over from Dublin for the Chelsea game today. It's too much to bear to see you all protesting against these imbeciles and not be there.

I distributed the KEAN OUT flyers with his grinning face on them for the Arsenal game - will happily do it again. This time I was thinking about printing 1,000 or so flyers with the altered Venky's logo and the word LIARS in bold. Simple and to the point.

Archived