BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] BRFC vs. Chelsea Protest Details

Silittl

I'm also proud of our league cup Triumph and was there when we won it, as I was when we won the full members cup too, I was also there when we beat Leicester in the Play-off final, whilst also being at Selhurst Park when we through away our promotion chance. However Birmingham, Portsmouth and Middlesbrough in recent years show that a cup run can prove a major distraction on the ultimate goal, which is retaining our Premiership status. West Ham also had a memorable cup run last season and it was the cup successes that kept Avram Grant in a job before they suffered relegation.

I hope we can go all the way in the league cup and the FA Cup, but if that is at the cost of our Premiership status then I would rather decline a trip to Wembley.

We have now won nearly as many cup games under Steve Kean than we have league games, and that cup form to date has not brought about League wins

But who is to say that Birmingham etc wouldn't have been relegated anyway, regardless of the cup run?

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Even though I don't agree with your protest I respect your right to do it and I think you are doing it with the best of intentions.

I just wonder at what point would the protests stop. If Kean was to reach 12th or (And i know it's a push) top half, would the protests stop? Or are we in a Gary Megson/Bolton situation where no matter happens we will always have an anti Kean feeling.

I'm just concerned that we are reaching a stage now where whatever he does he is castigated. Last nights game is a perfect example. We have just beaten a side without a defeat all season and most people on here seem to only focus on the negatives.

The Bolton example is a warning for anyone who thinks removing Kean will be the solution to all our problems. They booed and protested for two years to remove Megson and now one year on all they have to show for it is a 15th place finish and a place in the bottom 3 with ourselves.

The protest in current format are not working at all.

We should clap the players out at the start and show our support for 2 minutes or so.

Then have a mass walk-out to the concourses to watch the remainder of the half in the concourse.

Come back out for the 2nd half and repeat this process, coming back up at full time to applaud the players, then go to town on Kean.

At least we can still watch the majority of the game then, albeit on a TV screen (for those who can actually bear to watch)

Maybe create a new chant that we support the team, but not Kean?

Even though I don't agree with your protest I respect your right to do it and I think you are doing it with the best of intentions.

I just wonder at what point would the protests stop. If Kean was to reach 12th or (And i know it's a push) top half, would the protests stop? Or are we in a Gary Megson/Bolton situation where no matter happens we will always have an anti Kean feeling.

I'm just concerned that we are reaching a stage now where whatever he does he is castigated. Last nights game is a perfect example. We have just beaten a side without a defeat all season and most people on here seem to only focus on the negatives.

The Bolton example is a warning for anyone who thinks removing Kean will be the solution to all our problems. They booed and protested for two years to remove Megson and now one year on all they have to show for it is a 15th place finish and a place in the bottom 3 with ourselves.

1. Kean will never reach 12th. People defending him have been saying "But what if he..." since he took over and he's never once come close to achieving whatever it was. If at any point in his reign Kean had shown signs of being a mid-table manager then we wouldn't all be utterly sick of him by now. He never has and he never will.

2. Surely you can see the vast difference in approach Newcastle would take in the league compared to the cup? Ince was good in the cups as well. Why? Because every other manager treats them as practically training sessions and the Keans/Inces treat them as must win to restore confidence from their blundered league games. And nothing else Kean's done in the last few weeks has been worthy of even the slightest praise.

3. Megson is a much better manager than Kean. But also Megson was taking Bolton down and by bringing in Coyle they've had 2 years of survival before ending up in the same situation, surely that would be a better option for Rovers than immediate relegation this season?

His few remaining supporters amongst Rovers fans, a surprising percentage of the press and most ex-players/managers seem to think we've got it in for Kean, and are doing this because we don't like him and would be doing it even if he was winning. That is totally wrong, I can only speak for myself but I'm sure many others feel this way. I judge managers on results, thats it. I don't care about style of play, I don't care about personality, I don't care about what they say in interviews, I don't care about which players they pick/substitutions they make, I don't care what they get up to in their private life, I don't care what they look like etc etc. Win enough games to keep us competitive, thats all they have to do to keep me happy. Thats why I loved having Allardyce and thats why I hate having Kean. He is just a rank bad manager, it really is as simple as that.

This can be turned round to the actual truth quite easily. At what point would you say enough is enough and start to voice your disapproval? We aren't 12th, we're bottom of the league and have been heading that way since Kean was appointed.

As for Bolton, well Sammy Lee had them at the bottom of the league and they got rid of him and survived. The minute people start thinking that there's no point replacing him because some other club are still struggling, is the minute we're finished. I guess that Ince shouldn't have been sacked then? He did OK in the cups.

Had a meeting with the club today regarding the last protest and the next one.

We asked the questions about the PA system, and it was put on against the wishes of the police and John Newsham, He had it turned off and there will be nom repeat of that. He apologised and the point has been made by him to those who santioned it.

The mowers was normal practice for match days when we have a midweek game.

They was very pleased with the conduct of the supporters and will continue to facilitate protests.

We have agreed a a 45 minute sit in protest before the match against Chelsea were all the frustration will be vented at Venkys. This is not a Steve Kean protest, but one which is for the Mismanagement of the club. All Banner for this protest are to be aimed at the owners at the protest will run from !4.15 until 14.55 in all stands within the ground. All banner must be put away for the match.

After the match a further 45 minute sit in protest will take place in the Ronnie Clayton Blackburn End like the Spurs Match. All banners will be allowed and this will be aimed at both the Manager and the Owners, Same rules apply to the content of these banners (Any banners which carry inappropiate content will be removed as will bannners which are on show during the game)

Its vitally important that bopth protest are highly populated to get the message across.

We are also in talks with the club about future meetings and although the wheels are moving slowly they are finally moving. I'd like to thank everyone for their support to date and ask all to support these protest. we need to ensure that supporters remain the heartbeat of the club and communicatiuon channels back to the supporters are opened to a satisfactory level so we can share our concerns with the club and get answers to our issues.

Why cant banners be shown during the 90mins? Is your decision Glen or the club's rule?

During the game is when they would get maximum exposure, and actually be seen by the owners before they go back to their executive suite.

Why cant banners be shown during the 90mins? Is your decision Glen or the club's rule?

During the game is when they would get maximum exposure, and actually be seen by the owners before they go back to their executive suite.

it was a club decision as they feel large banners would spoil the view of supporters who have no wish to protest, and they also maintain they would effect the players. However chating during the game will be allowed

• Backroom

I saw this , they are going to let us chant!!!! Who the f do these idiots think they are!!!! They ain't got a clue on footy or of the history and traditions of the normal fan!

This is nothing to do with Venkys is it? (by that I meant the people that are helping facilitate it)

it was a club decision as they feel large banners would spoil the view of supporters who have no wish to protest, and they also maintain they would effect the players. However chating during the game will be allowed

Will farting also be allowed ?

Never heard anything as ridiculous in all my life.

Absolute cretins, IMV - would like to see how they tried to prevent that !!!!

This will be my first game match of the season, I have a ticket for the JW stand. I'm also staying in Blackburn for the night after the game, first time I have done this. I hope we can get the win and I hope there will be a bigger crowd than in recent matches. The 45 minute protests are a great idea, I hope we can send out a big message.

Archived