BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] BRFC vs. Chelsea Protest Details

Silittl

Does anyone know if Venky's have an office in London? Can't find it on their website but there is a map which indicates there is one. Perhaps a picket line is in order?

Venkys wont have an office in london, but they do have a registered business there (Venkys London LTD) but it will have a registered address which will most likely be a massive office block, which nobody from Venkys work from and will never go!

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Like most people who have read this thread, I don't have any ready answers as to the next steps. IMO, in-play protesting would cause maximum damage and embarrassment to kean & venkys (in front of an international TV audience) but as already stated by others, this would cause a lot of tension and antagonism amongst our crowd, a lot of whom it would seem don't have much appetite for the fight.

One thing I have thought of though which could perhaps happen during the match but which the club couldn't control is a fly-over by a light aircraft trailing a 'KEAN OUT, VENKYS OUT' banner or similar. I'm sure that 'more mature' posters like myself will remember the 'STAYING DOWN FOR EVER - LOVE ROVERS' banner which flew over the dingle-dome during their lower tier play-off match with Torquay (I think) in the early 90s. I think it was organised by the legend that is Simon Garner and some of his mates. More recently, I was in preston one sat at the retail park when pne were playing last season after their relegation had been confirmed. Some donkey-lasher fans had organised a fly-over trailing the message 'WE ARE SUPERIOR...' in the knowledge that they would be in a higher division than PNE this season.

I know its one thing to make a suggestion like this and its another to orgainise and perhaps more importantly pay for it. If I was a rich man, I would happily cough up but I'm just an ordinary punter with kids, a mortgage, etc, etc. If perhaps there are any wealthy local business men or women out there who are sympathetic to the cause, however, it could be your opportunity to forever have your name recorded in Rovers fans' folk-lore!

I know this suggestion is a bit far-fetched but I'm just trying to think outside the box here given that kean and venkys have the eyes and ears of the media but the apathy of our fellow supporters is denying us such opportunities. Stranger things have happened though...

I've said it before - try to club together and get Venkys out - on the back of a town bus or something - would get tons of media exposure and provide maximum embarrassment to the owners.

Even better - Surely it wouldn't cost that much to pay for a "Don't know about chickens but you're killing our club Venkys" advert on one of those Billboards in Pune?

The only way to be heard now is during the game. Loud and clear.

I agree with the way the protests have been done so far, and credit to Glen, but it now has to be in the face of Kean and Venkys. Of course it will affect the players performance, but lets face it we lose anyway.

KEAN OUT, VENKYS OUT

I want kean to show some balls and speak to us face to face. I think we should all get to ewood for around 12pm and have 3 different sections one outside bburn end car park one outside darwen end car park and one outside jack walker entrance and simply wait for Kean and venkys to arrive and confront them the club can't move us on as we will all be on pathways off the clubs premesis.

I've said it before - try to club together and get Venkys out - on the back of a town bus or something - would get tons of media exposure and provide maximum embarrassment to the owners.

Even better - Surely it wouldn't cost that much to pay for a "Don't know about chickens but you're killing our club Venkys" advert on one of those Billboards in Pune?

Not bad ideas but the potential problem with any media provider is if they also do business with the club and/or venkys.

Do entirely agree though that we need to fight this war on several fronts - does anyone know anyone who owns any big buildings or factory chimneys, etc around the town who would be prepared to spread the message?

Take Protest To Brockhall

Following the attempt to silence the ‘Kean out’ protesters at the Spurs game by drowning their chants with loud music over the PA system why not consider taking the protest to Rovers BROCKHALL TRAINING COMPLEX AT OLD LANGHO JUST OFF THE A59 NEAR LANGHO, TURN LEFT AT NORTHCOTE MANOR RESTAURANT AND FOLLOW THE ROAD. Meeting place could be the Black Bull at Old Langho would suggest a Friday 10am when Sky Sports cameras will be there to record Kean’s Friday morning press conference.

May seem drastic measures but if Venky’s are not going to allow peaceful and democratic protest within Ewood Park then this could be a powerful alternative.

GLEN MULLAN, PLEASE CONSIDER

Stop being soft and get the bloody banners out during the game.

We have the moral high ground, we are the victims, we have the right to shout out against the crimes being committed by our owners.

And if the PL come in they will uncover a crime !!

As of yet I haven't joined in on the protests... seems meaningless removing one puppet which will inevitably lead to another replacement. Let’s be frank, what decent manager, and man for that matter, would allow themselves to be manipulated by Venkys which would in turn restrain their own freedoms to do their job effectively and autonomously. For me, the real core of the mess we are in isn't solely the management on the pitch but more so the ownership itself.

For all those who will say there's no point in going against Venkys in a protest, as they are -or claim to be- here for the long run, well surely, if your single aim is the removal of Kean, then by directing your attention similarly towards Venky's following their refusal to listen to previous demonstrators will only magnify how intense the feeling is against Kean and therefore enhance the Kean out rhetoric by increasing hostility towards our owners?

"KEAN OUT! - VENKYS OUT!"

Rant and rave, make up clever banners and witty chants all you want. THEY DON'T GIVE A SH*T.

We're rock bottom, have literally the WORST Premier League manager, and protests within the ground, and we're closer to having him sign a new contract than seeing him potted. They're keeping Kean in a job for reasons entirely unrelated to football. See how they feel when the ground's half-empty and no one can be f*cked to give them their hard-earned money.

They don't need our money !!!!!!

Our money means nowt,

Ground

Training ground

Players

Sky tv

Parachute payments

All equal way over any money we give !!!!!!

We are talking big numbers big business, this Is an agent getting hold of a club and making money.

He nearly did it at City, he is bloody finishing the job off here !!!!!

Wake up..,,.. We are dying!!!!

They don't need our money !!!!!!

Our money means nowt,

Ground

Training ground

Players

Sky tv

Parachute payments

All equal way over any money we give !!!!!!

We are talking big numbers big business, this Is an agent getting hold of a club and making money.

He nearly did it at City, he is bloody finishing the job off here !!!!!

Wake up..,,.. We are dying!!!!

Football fans have the utmost power to turn the game on its head.

However, it's a society stricken by the 'bystander effect'. No one is prepared to make a real stand because 'someone else will do it' or they'll be betraying some abstract code of loyalty, or they just can't live without the beautiful game. Even when their club's gone to the wall and parasites are living off its twitching corpse.

Take Protest To Brockhall

Following the attempt to silence the ‘Kean out’ protesters at the Spurs game by drowning their chants with loud music over the PA system why not consider taking the protest to Rovers BROCKHALL TRAINING COMPLEX AT OLD LANGHO JUST OFF THE A59 NEAR LANGHO, TURN LEFT AT NORTHCOTE MANOR RESTAURANT AND FOLLOW THE ROAD. Meeting place could be the Black Bull at Old Langho would suggest a Friday 10am when Sky Sports cameras will be there to record Kean’s Friday morning press conference.

May seem drastic measures but if Venky’s are not going to allow peaceful and democratic protest within Ewood Park then this could be a powerful alternative.

GLEN MULLAN, PLEASE CONSIDER

Your English seems to have improved remarkably, literally within hours !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It is - in my opinion - time to direct our anger and vitriol towards Venky's now, if what's been rumoured in the "Major Announcement" thread is actually true.

Get those anti Venky's banners out, even during the match. Hopefully Ewood will be a cauldron of hate with the Rovers fans united against the forces that so vehemently are trying to destroy a club that has mattered so much to so many.

And I welcome an FA investigation with open arms. I don't know if a fans' open letter to the FA and various newspapers would have any effect (regarding the fact that Kean seemingly is unsackable and reportedly in for a lifetime contract as Rovers manager), but possibly worth trying?

Football fans have the utmost power to turn the game on its head.

However, it's a society stricken by the 'bystander effect'. No one is prepared to make a real stand because 'someone else will do it' or they'll be betraying some abstract code of loyalty, or they just can't live without the beautiful game. Even when their club's gone to the wall and parasites are living off its twitching corpse.

When the newcastle fans wanted sam out they let him have it big time...vitriol right at him from 20 yards.."you dont know what you're doing" and all that....rovers fans are soft basteredss and until its picked up during the game in mass chorus, we're kidding ourselves...the media are only takingthe puss so make it so theres no confusion.

If we act now we have a chance, another month from now we are staring into the eyes of relegation.

I know people say we will never come back but at least it will be a football club and not a parasite and his hangers on gravy train of asset stripping....

Someone on these boards suggested taking a full page advert out in one of the Indian daily papers, I think that would make a massive impact, hit them where it hurts on their home turf.

As fans we only need one clever bit of advertising/stunt to generate maximum exposure. If it is something done away from Ewood then it will also send a message to Venkys that they can't control everything.

We have 15000 people every home game who can embarrass and shame Venkys every home game.

Get your heads out the sand, or open you eyes and unplug your ears and fight fight, bloody fight.

Stop being cowards, most of us come from generations of rovers fans. Our past generations must be looking down shaking their head. Including our fav Uncle.....

Archived