BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] BRFC vs. Chelsea Protest Details

Silittl

As fans we only need one clever bit of advertising/stunt to generate maximum exposure. If it is something done away from Ewood then it will also send a message to Venkys that they can't control everything.

Its clear that negative publicity over here does not affect their decision making process.

Negative publicity on their home turf, embarrassing them at home and threatening their bread and butter is the way to go.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There should be no holding back at this stage. Kean and Venky's out banners and chants all throughout the game. In fact, I think we should direct our anger towards the chicken farmers from herein as they probably don't realise how much we despise what they are doing to our club. If anything, this may have more of an effect than chanting about that end of a bell Kean directly - they seem like a very superficial bunch so making them look foolish, especially in front of VIP guests, could be our best chance of triggering a reaction.

And I don't buy this 'I support the team so I'm not going to protest during the game' crap. There is still a slim chance that a decent manager could keep us up this year, but that chance is getting slimmer and slimmer every second this leech in charge of our club. Even if by some miracle we're winning, think about the impact it would have if we're still calling for Kean's head.

Every moment that we waste by being soft is another step closer to the fall of our club.

• Backroom

Not so sure its venkys we need to aim at just yet.

I agree in this instance but the anger can only stay aimed at the manager for so long, IF a new contract is offered and signed then that changes instantly.

More a case of Venkys sort it out than Venkys out for me at present.

Like I said earlier, our fav Uncle must be looking down shaking his head.

Time to fight, the players haven't responded to our support, time to change tactics.

We have wasted weeks on Kean. They said judge us 12 mths, we have, now get out!!!!

Not so sure its venkys we need to aim at just yet.

Who appointed him? Who own us ? Where does the buck stop?

I agree in this instance but the anger can only stay aimed at the manager for so long, IF a new contract is offered and signed then that changes instantly.

More a case of Venkys sort it out than Venkys out for me at present.

Apart from your trip what have the venkys done to convince rovers fans they have the brains or will to sort if out! Venkys can do one !

Who appointed him? Who own us ? Where does the buck stop?m

Apart from your trip what have the venkys done to convince rovers fans they have the brains or will to sort if out! Venkys can do one !

Mate, you're preaching to the converted... At this time weneed to concentrate on the weak.

Apart from going on the trip and getting to meet an owner and then telling them how it is. What more do you expect?

• Backroom

But until a point where there is an alternative then I'd rather they sorted it out than buggered off

Its clear that negative publicity over here does not affect their decision making process.

Negative publicity on their home turf, embarrassing them at home and threatening their bread and butter is the way to go.

So far the protests have gotten some attention, but not yet to the extent that Venkys' brand is damages. Letting the entire world know on camera, during a televised match, is the only way to truly embarrass them in front of the entire PL watching world. So far the protests have been limited to before and after the matches, which mutes the effectiveness. Blast them during the Chelsea game, and I suspect they will sit up and take notice.

So far the protests have gotten some attention, but not yet to the extent that Venkys' brand is damages. Letting the entire world know on camera, during a televised match, is the only way to truly embarrass them in front of the entire PL watching world. So far the protests have been limited to before and after the matches, which mutes the effectiveness. Blast them during the Chelsea game, and I suspect they will sit up and take notice.

Since I suspect Chelsea will just over power Rovers once the 2nd or 3rd Chelsea goals goes in I am sure the cants will start.

While I would not expect us to beat Chelsea who ever is a manger, I would the manager to set up the team in the best way possible. Something Kean has failed to do time and time again.

Glen while I appreciate the effort you have and are putting into the protests the fact still remains that the clubs are in effect still calling the shots.

I took part in the march and sit in and although it was great to vent my anger at Kean in public the overwhelming feeling I got the longer the sit in went on was who the hell is actually listening?

Whilst I understand the need to support the team the stats don't lie and regardless of our support against Chelsea we will still get smashed.

Kean and Venkys need targeted for the full 90 minutes and to hell its affect on the precious, over paid idiots currently wearing blue and white.

Mate, you're preaching to the converted... At this time weneed to concentrate on the weak.

Yeah I agree with that. This site seems to be the heartland of the anti-Kean movement, 99% of people on here want him out, most of the banners in the protest were done by regular posters on here, the organiser is a regular poster. I wouldn't be surprised if out of the approx 1,000 involved on sunday, 50% use this site. So I suppose getting angry about the lack of committment and numbers to each other on here is a bit harsh seeing as we're without doubt doing our bit.

Its most of the rest of the fanbase that are the problem. I'm not sure why they'd be far less inclined to protest. Maybe by talking about Kean and his numerous failings all week we egg each other on on here to the point where we're willing to act. Many fans out there could just ignore Rovers all week and then when it gets to the game they have this "lets see how it goes" attitude. They're basically sleepwalking towards relegation.

Everyone needs to wake up and very quickly too – this is not just about Kean but the complete lack of respect shown, by our owners, towards the football club.

They talk and like to lie a lot, mainly because they do not know what they are doing.

The current manager has a free licence to do what he wants and this has led to a number of departures at the club.

I know for a fact behind the scenes, they are stating, just keeping above the relegation places is what they would regard as a success this season.

Apart from going on the trip and getting to meet an owner and then telling them how it is. What more do you expect?

ALL OUT WAR AGAINST THE PEOPLE WHO ARE KILLING OUR CLUB ,THEYRE IN THE POOP TO DEEP AND OUT THEIR DEPTH !!!!

But until a point where there is an alternative then I'd rather they sorted it out than buggered off

SO WOULD YOU RATHER LET THEM RUIN US COMPLETELTY OR STAND AAGINST THEM FOR WHAT THEY ARE DOING?

SO WOULD YOU RATHER LET THEM RUIN US COMPLETELTY OR STAND AAGINST THEM FOR WHAT THEY ARE DOING?

can we not get a local business to sponsor loads of printed KEAN OUT tshirts. The sponsor would have to be backing the campaign and therefore their logo can also be printed on the tshirts? Just an idea and I may even email a few local busineses to see if they would be up for it. If they are then we could get them handed out before the next home match and they cannot be taken off us and they will be our clothes and if thousands are wearing them then everytime the camera pans into the crowd there should be someone in shot with the words "KEAN OUT" on them

Update:

I am going to print a massive banner along the lines of this....

bad6185f5510ecd2b1e6ddd5f399a4ab_large.jpg

If anyone want me to change the text let me know so I can get it all finalised

We are still working on the format for this protest but it is "Operation Mismanagement" and Venkys will be an equal target for the Chelsea match, We have a meeting Friday and full details of what we can and can't do will be posted Saturday, But any banners ect need to be around the issue's surrounding the club administration, the false promises and the fact we have had professionals replaced with rookies

Ok we are already underway regarding our next round of protest for the Chelsea game. Over the last few weeks the fans have sent warning shots, however these have fallen on death ears. Now its time to crank it up and Venkys who WILL be at the Chelsea Match with their hand picked VIPS will hear for the first time the supporters concerns regarding their mismanagement of the club.

I have spoken with many key figures this week, including sponsors, Possible takeover consortiums, people with direct links to the club accountants and of course my sources who have been reliable for many years.

Now is the time to vent our anger for the behind the scenes mess which has seen the club not only double its debts, but remove qualifed professionals and replace them with rookies.

N0-one at Rovers appears capable of making a decision and no-one can communicate openly with supporters (Reason being they don't know the answers)

The owners have deliberatly taken us supporters for a ride, and we have done everything asked of us, but there comes a time when we must aim higher. That time is NOW,

I will be attending a de-brief meeting later in the week with the club, and certain individuals at the club are trying to help us as much as possible. Meetings are in the pipeline however until these are set in stone and have taken place, we must not wilt in our fight to protect the long term future of the club. Simon Littler and have already discussed possible options, whilst some very interesting individuals who have in depth inside knowledge have also offered assistance. Keep your eyes peeled as I will update as things become more clearer and we set in stone the protest

Archived