BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Sven-Goran Eriksson

Just a qick point, my Dad said he saw Eriksson's mate who left/was sacked by Leicester (can't remember his name off the top of my head) in the stand at Ewood yesterday (Jack Walker Upper)...so there could be something in the rumours?

...not sure wat relevance his mate being at Ewood would have on Eriksson himself coming to the club, but it could be a start!

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just a qick point, my Dad said he saw Eriksson's mate who left/was sacked by Leicester (can't remember his name off the top of my head) in the stand at Ewood yesterday (Jack Walker Upper)...so there could be something in the rumours?

...not sure wat relevance his mate being at Ewood would have on Eriksson himself coming to the club, but it could be a start!

Please don't tell me 'Sven's mate' who's name you cant remember is Derek Fazackerley?!

Dont want Sven anywhere near the club. He had his chance years ago when he gave backword to Jack and we ended up with Woy Hodgson.

Seriosuly ? I would welcome him here, a chance to re-claim his reputation, and take some of the reins away from our current manager - lets face it, it can`t really get any worse as we are already heading for the championship

Exactly Taggart I fully agree we can't let the slump go on for much longer whagt people have to realise today Bolton & Wolves have won thus placing us 2nd bottom but now a gap is starting to form as we are 5 points from safety if this goes on much longer that gap will get much larger and the chances of a new man clawing back those points will be near on impossible we would need an amazing unbeaten run and results above to go for us to claw our way out of danger I would also go as far to say unless we change something now our future in the top flight is under immense threat. Khod yes the finance you have to look after but whatever he will earn if by some miracle it saves us from the drop it could turn out to be a wise investment which is ultimately what we all want to see right?

Unconfirmed reports at the moment but there is a press conference planned in the Afternoon,and please please GOD help us here and bring the fans wishes.

At the moment,I am finding out more,And Glenn Mullah wrote on his twitter there is good news could it be that there is some true in the press conference.

Unconfirmed reports at the moment but there is a press conference planned in the Afternoon,and please please GOD help us here and bring the fans wishes.

At the moment,I am finding out more,And Glenn Mullah wrote on his twitter there is good news could it be that there is some true in the press conference.

in one thread your complaining about people spelling your name wrong and you constantly spell Glen's wrong?

I haven't seen anything on glens twitter to say there is good news. If there was a press conference for today do u not think sky sports would be there and therefore be reporting it. No chance him getting sacked so why bother making stuff up? Just gets us people on here excited for nothing

I haven't seen anything on glens twitter to say there is good news. If there was a press conference for today do u not think sky sports would be there and therefore be reporting it. No chance him getting sacked so why bother making stuff up? Just gets us people on here excited for nothing

He did write it you can ask him mate it related to something else and remember, I said unconfirmed reports on the press conference sorry.

He did write it you can ask him mate it related to something else and remember, I said unconfirmed reports on the press conference sorry.

Fair enough then mate. It's nothing personal just very dispondent towards anything rovers related nowadays

I know we are all desperate for good news but if Sven is the answer what was the question !

Well if the person asking the question is Jerome Anderson - Who was the manager at Man City when I earnt a lot in commission ?

I was told this afternoon that Kean should be gone by the weekend and that Eriksson would be his replacement.

However if I had a pound for every time a rumour like this developed I would have enough money to buy Rovers and sack Kean myself.

I was told this afternoon that Kean should be gone by the weekend and that Eriksson would be his replacement.

However if I had a pound for every time a rumour like this developed I would have enough money to buy Rovers and sack Kean myself.

Can I say here and now that Sven as manager will not prevent Rovers being relegated. He's not the man for a relegation scrap.

And I just don't understand all the negativity that surrounds Eriksson and the prospect of him coming to Rovers.

People seem to conveniently overlook his experience of managing some of the giants of European football; Benfica, Roma, Lazio and his time as England manager (more successful than McClaren, Capello, Keegan and co.) I believe he was the first manager in history to win a league and cup double in three different countries.

We have Steve Kean. And some of you would complain if we got Eriksson instead?

Is Eriksson one of the SEM/Kentaro crew? I thought I remember reading on here that he is, in which case........ pardon my apathy, but what difference will it make (to almost quote the Smiths)? It might stop us giving the manager flak for a while, but those behind the scenes and their motives won't have changed and their front man will have much the same objective.

And I just don't understand all the negativity that surrounds Eriksson and the prospect of him coming to Rovers.

People seem to conveniently overlook his experience of managing some of the giants of European football; Benfica, Roma, Lazio and his time as England manager (more successful than McClaren, Capello, Keegan and co.) I believe he was the first manager in history to win a league and cup double in three different countries.

What has he done since he got the bullet from the England job ? He's been a disaster everywhere he's been. Sven or Kean ? It's a toss-up for me.

• Backroom

Sven all day for me. He's an actual manager and unlike Kean would actually have some genuine pull and some contacts in the football world. If Venky's want to start bringing in the 'star' players Sven would be much more likely to lure them in than Kean.

On the other hand, our first signing in January could be Darius Vassell...

Archived