BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Sven-Goran Eriksson

There really is no comparison, Sven has over four decades of managerial experience with a win ratio of 51.71% over 905 (according to Wikipedia). Compare that to Kean who has not even had a year of management experience and averages one win every five games. I don't actually believe the rumour of Sven being sighted in Blackburn though, it all seems a bit to convenient with his recent departure from Leicester.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

there's a guy who sits in the Blackburn end near myself who has a flask at half time at the front and he looks like Sven. He'd be an improvement on Kean. I'd take anyone at the moment who was an honest person. That would be a start.

My dad looks like Harold shipman... I'd have him over KEAN

If they did replace Kean which looks unlikely with the current rumour mill, It's hard to see a good manager coming as he would demand money for transfers and to use experienced agents. This doesn't seem to be what venky's do. Im seriously worried especially about the paul hunt being fired rumours

I said in the immediate aftermath of Sam's sacking that Sven would be a good choice. Eriksson would fall below Hughes/O'Neill in my list of ideal managers for Rovers, but to make out as though he is a poor manager is ridiculous. He did a very good job with England, rebuilt Man City in a very short and chaotic period and was sacked far too quickly at Leicester in my opinion. That is ignoring his glittering CV from across Europe with giants like Lazio, Benfica and Fiorentina. He has the experience and profile that we need in our predicament. In addition to this his experience of working with insane owners e.g. Shinawatra, Notts County and Leicester, and his links to Jerome Anderson would stand him in good stead. Whether or not his appetite for front-line management remains at 63 is questionable, but it is sure worth the risk.

I certainly think that SOMETHING is developing. I can't see Kean leaving the club so hopefully his 'new contract' is replacing him being manager and putting him down a level as assistant/first team coach. I won't hold my breath though. It's more likely they will give him a 5 year deal to stay on as manager and sack a couple of board members instead.

Read in yesterday's "Guardian"; my emphasis.

Eriksson, 63, suggested last night that he will seek another job in English football. "I would not think about retirement at all," he told the Daily Express. "One day, maybe I will wake up and think, 'Enough!' But I don't feel like that now." His appetite for the game remains undiminished, yet his track record ever since he was sacked by Manchester City, at the end of the 2007-08 season, will do little to endear him to prospective employers. He failed as manager of Mexico and was left regretting his decision to take over as director of football at Notts County after the club's grand plans unravelled amid false financial promises. A brief stint in charge of Ivory Coast, at the 2010 World Cup, was also largely forgettable.

And that's apart from some of us with long memories holding grudges!

Read in yesterday's "Guardian"; my emphasis.

And that's apart from some of us with long memories holding grudges!

Why hold a grudge?

He agreed to join us at the end of the season, had a change of heart and Jack tore up his contract in good faith, with both men remaining friends.

You'd think the man crapped on the centre circle, the way some people talk!

Archived