BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Official Sack Steve Kean Video

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi guys, thanks you all for the feedback on the video, much appreciated!

As a recent design graduate who is currently unemployed, I have a fair amount of time on my hands at the moment so I thought I'd put my skills and time to good use!

The reason I made the video is because, not only am I trying to build momentum for the Kean Out campaign, but there seems to be a lack of understanding from people outside of the Rovers as to why the fans are unhappy.

I live in London, a lot of my mates are Arsenal, Spurs, Chelsea and Utd(!) fans and I've had a lot of texts and Facebook messages along the lines of 'why are your fans protesting? you've just beaten arsenal!' or 'fans protesting after you lose to city - what were you expecting, a win?' then when I point out Kean's record they all say 'oh, fair enough'

Their opinions aren't helped by the media's view, like Alan Shearer's "you don't become a bad manager overnight" or Dougie Freedman's classic "He's been under a little bit of pressure from the fans, i don't really know why. He's taken a difficult job there and he's doing really well, they've progressed into the quarter finals so he's done well and pretty much deserves a pat on the back as far as i'm concerned."

Hopefully the video get the message across to the masses and help the Kean Out protests.

Regarding the feedback, I wanted the video to be short, sharp and to the point, ideally no longer than 5 minutes (so people won’t be put off watching it) - but after it went over 10 mins, i decided to shorted the quotes with the thinking that the video can easily be paused and the quotes read in full.

I've obviously taken this a bit to far so, unlike Kean, I'll learn from my mistakes and if he is still here after the chelsea game - i'll make a 2nd version which would include the newcastle, norwich and Chelsea games, the Paul Clement business and the chelsea protest and also alter all the text.

Also, because of the song used on it the video is blocked in Canada, Puerto Rico & United States - not really a lot I can do unless I make another version without the music? Not sure the video would be as good without it though.

Thanks again for the feedback! :rover:

Great Video guys,but will the venkys listen to us or the club staffs and the press at the club,to me this saga has ran and ran now,we need a changed simple as that.

We thank Kean for his efforts but he needs to go,we know he is not a manager he is very lucky to have this job after he stabbed Big Sam in the back to get the Rovers Job.

If this gets circulated amongst rovers fans it may change a few opinions. This video really puts it all in context. If they want us to stand a chance of staying up it's time to join in and force Venky's to make a change. Unless of course they want to see us playing in the championship next season. I know I certainly don't.

We thank Kean for his efforts but he needs to go,we know he is not a manager he is very lucky to have this job after he stabbed Big Sam in the back to get the Rovers Job.

well you may want to thank him for his efforts, however the only way i will show any appreciation to him is if he does the decent thing and be's a man and resigns. If he needs to be sacked i will thank him for nothing, he has shown no gratitude to the club for giving him his chance, he has ridiculed and shown ignorance to the supporters and he has embarrassed us with his wild predictions and blinkered summary's of matches.

I have appreciated every manager previously, even Ince and Kidd i could respect what they where trying to do however they were unfortunately out of their depth. This clown is on another level, even he aint sure what he is trying to do, he bangs on about how were working on this, how were getting good at this and its all bull and is completely different on the pitch to how he see's it.

he will have no thanks from me after his smug arrogance throughout his tenure.

I agree with Mark entirely he would gain just a little not much but a little respect if he was to accept his failings as a manager and just resign.

The fact he acts so arrogant & smug means when he does finally get sacked he will get no thanks from me.

The way he ignores the fans without seeing the severity of the situation & blames the fans for spiking his drink the very people who pay his wages he needs to have more respect for the people who pay his wages.

Well done bburn4eva great video summarising the demise of our once great club certainly brought a tear to my eye but it accurately states with a good timeline of things when they have happened.

Good work glen hopefully the press will take note also if you could ask them glen if & when they pose the questions to SK could they quiz him further about the drink driving charge surely he should know the law is if you drive you shouldn't drink so why did he even have one?.

Also another point he needs to answer I thought Myles Anderson was going to be the next Chris Smalling so why has he only managed one substitute appearance this season and where are we up to with his development?.

:o great video - its interesting Kean's approach in the first video as being one of a humble person saying I would consider any job as its a great club, to his body language and comments against the protestors. We've come a long way in a short time.

Facts dont lie though.

2011/2012 Premiership league Win % is 10%.

:o

mark1875..I know where your coming from but will Kean leave on his terms never, he in here for a long term and he getting paid good money,he will not want to sign on at the local job centre does he.

no he will not and that is why he will never ever get any thanks from me for his efforts. Gratitude and respect has to be earned and he deserves zilch.

Have to say for what its worth and I work in Marketing educated Preston Uni, so the best lol this really is not a suitable video to send to the press.

1) Firstly do you expect them to pause the video every 5 seconds. after 6 minutes I didn't bother reading.

2) The writing is a too small

3) There is a lot of content that can be cut.

4) The message needs to come ac across a bit quicker, people who don't support Blackburn will get bored quickly for it takes 6 minutes before it kicks in with the summer and now

5) the sky sports section can be removed it doesn't flow very well, why are we looking back at the results that have just been covered?.

They are the changes I would make.

Great effort Mark! For music, there'll be tunes that you can use if credited properly. UMG are notoriously fickle though, so maybe not one of their artists!

For the content, perhaps instead of taking each match one at a time, so infographics could be used to get the point across better, show the way we slipped down the table and how many points we've missed out on under Kean?

Keep it up!

Have to say for what its worth and I work in Marketing educated Preston Uni, so the best lol this really is not a suitable video to send to the press.

1) Firstly do you expect them to pause the video every 5 seconds. after 6 minutes I didn't bother reading.

4) The message needs to come ac across a bit quicker, people who don't support Blackburn will get bored quickly for it takes 6 minutes before it kicks in with the summer and now

5) the sky sports section can be removed it doesn't flow very well, why are we looking back at the results that have just been covered?.

Crack on then, see what you can do with it.

Crack on then, see what you can do with it.

yeah thats what I say to my Marketing Director when he gives me good advice on articles for the press.

I say "why are you giving me advice, you think I'm your b1tch, I'd like to see you do better you stupid frat balding over paid loser"

I don't need advice, everything I do is perfect first time, bit like you SAS, I bet.

Cheers for the feedback, firstly can I point out that i have absolutely no experience of marketing or anything like that - I'm just a guy who has decided to make a video!

If I can answer each point:

1) Each match has 4 seconds screen time (shortened as to not produce a half hour video!) with a sharp fade in and fade out. There are 2 pieces of information on each one - the score and the table position. I assumed that these clips would be long enough to take in the information, obviously it it causing problems so it's something to address for version 2!

I would completely agree with people about the longer quotes not being on screen long enough - but, as to avoid a very long video, I assumed that people would pause it to read the longer quotes. There are probably only 4/5 times when a pause would be absolutely needed to fully read quotes.(off the top of my head - Nelsen's, Big Sam's, Fergie's, Miles Anderson, Kean's judge)

2) I agree - it's something I've previously mentioned I will change for mk.2

3) Please advise what you think can go

4) The idea was to produce a timeline of events from the take over till now and to show what has happened, it just so happens to be there are some juicy bits that have happened recently.

I wouldn't say that there is a strong 'message' behind the video - it was a conscious decision to try and remove my own personal opinion from the video and only report on fact. The idea of this would be to try and add credibility to the video and provide food for thought for the wider football world. A video that was full of "Kean is #### - get rid" type comments would be dismissed by people as personal opinion. Every point made in that video is a fact so it cannot therefore be dismissed as the opinion of the minority.

5) I agree - it doesn't sit well, but the idea behind it was to show how Kean's press conferences paint a glorious picture of whats going on whereas the truth is much different.

Now now we are all Rovers fans here.

Yes it's a great video but the text does change to fast.

Just like I know Roberts is not an EPL striker but you would not send me out on the pitch to do better.

It's just constructive criticism

I'm not trying to kick off!

I will be making a mk.2 so would genuinely like to know what needs changing!

:rover:

Archived