BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Official Sack Steve Kean Video

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good video, excellent work. But depressing to watch.

I this video concept is an excellent way to educate the wider world about the plight of the Rovers. However, I agree with some posters in that if this is intended to send to the press and non-Rovers fans, which needs to be the targets, then:

1. Time is money, and many won't be interested in spending either time or money on the Rovers situation. I think your fist instinct was correct. Five minutes is probably the maximum someone not vest in the Rovers will spend watching, so maybe shorten it?

2. The quotes were too long. Again, non-supporters won't hit the pause button.

3. The music tended to overpower the narrative on occasion, especially the reporters.

That said, awesome work. The creativity demonstrated by some on this board never ceases to amaze me.

I cannot seem to find it when I search YouTube and can't open it on my iPad directly from the link posted on page 1

Any ideas?

I had same problem and realised it is in flash so is not supported by iPad.

normal pc shows it fine.

I was talking to SAS and Chris

Great Video once again :rover:

Cheers

BKR

I ain't kicking off, I think it probably would be better to have someone like Chris have a bash, especially if being released to the media. Needs to look the real deal.

its a fantastic effort, the video really hits home and reminds us all how bad the last 11 month has been :(

i can see people's points that it is too long-winded to catch the attention of people who aren't overly interested.

my suggestion, for what it's worth because i have no expertise or experience in this field is to group some results together instead of 1 by 1.

take the sky broadcast that is included? they ran it has his first win after 3 matches, then 2 wins and 2 draws, they grouped 9 together as "played 9 lost 4, played 9 drawn 5, played 9 won 0" shorter than listing all 9 but with the same point.

perhaps maybe doing a month by month guide would shorten it?

just my suggestion, but again, well done on the video! :brfcsmilie:

Cheers for the feedback, firstly can I point out that i have absolutely no experience of marketing or anything like that - I'm just a guy who has decided to make a video!

If I can answer each point:

1) Each match has 4 seconds screen time (shortened as to not produce a half hour video!) with a sharp fade in and fade out. There are 2 pieces of information on each one - the score and the table position. I assumed that these clips would be long enough to take in the information, obviously it it causing problems so it's something to address for version 2!

I would completely agree with people about the longer quotes not being on screen long enough - but, as to avoid a very long video, I assumed that people would pause it to read the longer quotes. There are probably only 4/5 times when a pause would be absolutely needed to fully read quotes.(off the top of my head - Nelsen's, Big Sam's, Fergie's, Miles Anderson, Kean's judge)

2) I agree - it's something I've previously mentioned I will change for mk.2

3) Please advise what you think can go

4) The idea was to produce a timeline of events from the take over till now and to show what has happened, it just so happens to be there are some juicy bits that have happened recently.

I wouldn't say that there is a strong 'message' behind the video - it was a conscious decision to try and remove my own personal opinion from the video and only report on fact. The idea of this would be to try and add credibility to the video and provide food for thought for the wider football world. A video that was full of "Kean is #### - get rid" type comments would be dismissed by people as personal opinion. Every point made in that video is a fact so it cannot therefore be dismissed as the opinion of the minority.

5) I agree - it doesn't sit well, but the idea behind it was to show how Kean's press conferences paint a glorious picture of whats going on whereas the truth is much different.

I firstly need to say your video is brilliant in content, I am adding 2 cent. No point in everyone telling you how great it is because you are sending it to professionals.

White writing has a low comprehension, its 80% lower according the IDM then black on white, that why its important its large enough and enough time to read, it can strain the eyes.

Consider in the opening 20 seconds pointing out so key facts particularly the win percentage, misleading comments etc, did you know that 60% of people will stop reading a letter after the first 10 seconds, engage the viewers interest early so that even if they decide not to watch the whole video that had the key info from the start.

You watch match of the day and they do a summary of whats to come, or the x factor and they start off showing the worse singer you ever heard and you watch the show because to have to see that bit, and they put right at the end on purpose.

I was maybe suggesting cutting out some of the earlier stuff and like you said the juicy stuff is recent, taking out the sky sports bit, but its only a suggestion, the Kean interview when he wanted the job has little impact or the Wolves games, soon er we get the the summer budget the better.

early results could be put together rather then one by one.

A little rule we have is after doing anything marketing related that goes to the public or the press, think what words can I remove and still make the same impact/point.

again great vid, almost there.

I firstly need to say your video is brilliant in content, I am adding 2 cent. No point in everyone telling you how great it is because you are sending it to professionals.

White writing has a low comprehension, its 80% lower according the IDM then black on white, that why its important its large enough and enough time to read, it can strain the eyes.

Consider in the opening 20 seconds pointing out so key facts particularly the win percentage, misleading comments etc, did you know that 60% of people will stop reading a letter after the first 10 seconds, engage the viewers interest early so that even if they decide not to watch the whole video that had the key info from the start.

You watch match of the day and they do a summary of whats to come, or the x factor and they start off showing the worse singer you ever heard and you watch the show because to have to see that bit, and they put right at the end on purpose.

I was maybe suggesting cutting out some of the earlier stuff and like you said the juicy stuff is recent, taking out the sky sports bit, but its only a suggestion, the Kean interview when he wanted the job has little impact or the Wolves games, soon er we get the the summer budget the better.

early results could be put together rather then one by one.

A little rule we have is after doing anything marketing related that goes to the public or the press, think what words can I remove and still make the same impact/point.

again great vid, almost there.

I plussed this post because years ago I was given a number of letters, AIDA = Attention, Interest, Desire, Action and Chris is correct, the first bit has got to create the attention for the relevent people to continue to read/watch, Interest, yes, that is there, no problems, we then have to get the desire to take Action, I think if you could probably create a bit more interest with the opening statement, you would be on to a winner, we have the attention as Rovers fans, the media arent Rovers fans, they need something to grasp their Attention!! Not a criticism, simply an observetion as from my viewing the video is brilliant.

Over the last few days Brfcs member Bburn4Eva has been working on a video for the protest campaign.

He spoke with me via PM and asked my thoughts about him compiling a video with a diary of events since Venkys took over ect, He sent me what he was going to put in it, and I thought it was a fantastic idea,

He has now uploaded the video and I must admit he has done a fantastic job with it. I hope everyone likes (perhaps like not right word) the content within the video as I think its superb.

Thank you Bburn4Eva, great work and it WILL be issued to the press on Monday

Fantastic work. The ten minutes very skillfully summed up the blight that has taken hold of our once great club since this hapless carpet bagger took over.

• Backroom

I put this on my facebook page a few days ago and have had a number of people come up to me and say they watched it and were shocked. Most of them had no idea how bad things were at Rovers. Even my dad, who I often moan to about Rovers situation, said he didn't realise how bad it was until he saw it in writing.

I'd have to say, from the comments I've got, the video definitely holds the attention of the average person and makes them realise exactly what's happened to our club.

Cheers for the feedback, firstly can I point out that i have absolutely no experience of marketing or anything like that - I'm just a guy who has decided to make a video!

If I can answer each point:

1) Each match has 4 seconds screen time (shortened as to not produce a half hour video!) with a sharp fade in and fade out. There are 2 pieces of information on each one - the score and the table position. I assumed that these clips would be long enough to take in the information, obviously it it causing problems so it's something to address for version 2!

I would completely agree with people about the longer quotes not being on screen long enough - but, as to avoid a very long video, I assumed that people would pause it to read the longer quotes. There are probably only 4/5 times when a pause would be absolutely needed to fully read quotes.(off the top of my head - Nelsen's, Big Sam's, Fergie's, Miles Anderson, Kean's judge)

2) I agree - it's something I've previously mentioned I will change for mk.2

3) Please advise what you think can go

4) The idea was to produce a timeline of events from the take over till now and to show what has happened, it just so happens to be there are some juicy bits that have happened recently.

I wouldn't say that there is a strong 'message' behind the video - it was a conscious decision to try and remove my own personal opinion from the video and only report on fact. The idea of this would be to try and add credibility to the video and provide food for thought for the wider football world. A video that was full of "Kean is #### - get rid" type comments would be dismissed by people as personal opinion. Every point made in that video is a fact so it cannot therefore be dismissed as the opinion of the minority.

5) I agree - it doesn't sit well, but the idea behind it was to show how Kean's press conferences paint a glorious picture of whats going on whereas the truth is much different.

Would you be okay with sending me the video file and I can create a USA friendly version?

I can confirm that the video has spread and has now been watched in India!

Please keep posting the link on your facebook, your twitter & on other forums to make sure that the message keeps spreading!

Version 2 will be out next week with all of your feedback taken on board :rover:

I can confirm that the video has spread and has now been watched in India!

Please keep posting the link on your facebook, your twitter & on other forums to make sure that the message keeps spreading!

Version 2 will be out next week with all of your feedback taken on board :rover:

Please, please turn down the background music. It really was intrusive and put me off completely. I'm deaf though, and always struggle with background music, which ruins all films, TV reports, etc. for me. Those with proper ears cannot imagine how we deafuns suffer.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived