BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Venkys ITV Interview

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

as always I can answer these for you Bob:

1. Steve Kean was recently described as being a "brilliant" manager by you, obviously this is with the exception of results on the pitch which are quite frankly appalling, his previous managerial record and his inability to interact with the fan base. For the fans' benefit could you explain what makes you think Steve Kean is "brilliant" and why you think he is capable of keeping Rovers in the Premier League?

Steve Kean is a good person and he works very hard and is very positive, it has been bad luck!, but I am positive results will come, it is not so easy to do this and do that, you know, we must get results and we give Kean 100% backing, no 101% hehehehe.

2. We keep losing, is this why you never turn up at Ewood Park to see your "baby"?

No, we watch every game either at ewood or in India in our temple, but we also 198 companies so it can be difficult to come to games, but Blackburn is our baby and we love the club and our fans and we want to please our fans and we will do this no matter the cost, money is not an issue.

3. What qualities do you believe you bring to Blackburn Rovers in order to enable them to succeed in the Premier League and, as promised, enable Blackburn Rovers to challenge for Europe? Is it financial backing for example? If so why take out a new mortgage?

We must run Blackburn Rovers as a business, you know, we have been investing, many rumours you hear are not ture, it is a complex issue so I can not get into the finances but I would like to assure our supporters we will do what ever it takes to make the fans happy, it is a beautiful club and it is our baby and we love all our companies, all 198.

4. If Rovers are relegated, highly probable if Steve Kean doesn't start to build on our 1 win so far this season very very soon, and regularly, will Venkys be around to pickup the pieces? How will you pay the mortgage / players wages?

We do not think about this, we believe that we will go up the table with points, we do not think negative, only positive hehe, we will be here through ups and down for a long time as long as god wants us to be here.

5. Has there been a point in the last twelve months when you've thought "You know what? We haven't a clue what we're doing here! We got away with it last season but things are going from bad to worse"? If not why not?

we understand the fans conserns but it has not been harder then we were expecting, this is what we expected, we wanted to be a little higher in the league but results will come and I am sure we will make fans happy.

6. Where do you think BRFC will be in 3 years time?

at least 8th with 1 cup

I shall be rubbing my eyes with barbed wire, whilst pouring caustic soda into my ear holes.

"The people from Blackurn are nice humble people blah, blah, blah, reults will change automatically, we back Steve Kean 101% blah, blah, blah we were unlucky against Everton blah, blah, blah we hit the post against Tottenham blah, blah, blah. Judge us next month/transfer window/year blah blah blah.

I thought this was going out tomorrow night Chris? Clearly not, thanks for the transcript!

Hopefully Roger Mellie will be able to counter some of those predictable answers, you know, think on his feet and probe a little deeper.

However, we all know what's going to happen don't we? It'll be on 5 minutes before the end of the programme where they normally have a "light hearted" piece of news.... "...and finally, after another news day of murder, job losses and financial woes in the North West let's all have a chuckle at Blackburn Rovers and their deluded owners the Venky's who made a whistle stop tour to the ITV studios earlier this week, *smirk*... over to you Mike..."

I thought this was going out tomorrow night Chris? Clearly not, thanks for the transcript!

Hopefully Roger Mellie will be able to counter some of those predictable answers, you know, think on his feet and probe a little deeper.

However, we all know what's going to happen don't we? It'll be on 5 minutes before the end of the programme where they normally have a "light hearted" piece of news.... "...and finally, after another news day of murder, job losses and financial woes in the North West let's all have a chuckle at Blackburn Rovers and their deluded owners the Venky's who made a whistle stop tour to the ITV studios earlier this week, *smirk*... over to you Mike..."

they are good questions, I was just suggesting what I think they would say.

Similar to a politican, the best way to answer a tough question, is to not actually answer then question.

So far only one venky has come back its not the owners as I speak The ITV are waiting for them.

So far only one of the venkys has come. It's not the owners. Itv are still waiting for them to come back to them.

???

Met him before, really nice guy - chatted about few things - thinks Wigan will be in trouble this season and we should have enough to stay up as some poor sides in the lower end of the table in his view.

Still has lot of affinity with the club and previous people who he worked with (JW).

Archived