BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Venkys ITV Interview

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is an ideal opportunity for Venkys. Rather than use simple platitudes like 'our baby', 'our fans', 'we are committed to the club' etc they should come out and tell us what they have actually done in the last 12 months. For example 'we have put together a strong management team to lead the business', 'we have an experienced manager with a strong track record; 'we have improved the league position of the team', 'we have the finances in place to ensure the future of the club', 'a healthy transfer budget will be available in January' etc.

On second thoughts better stay with the usual platitudes.

• Moderation Lead

This is an ideal opportunity for Venkys. Rather than use simple platitudes like 'our baby', 'our fans', 'we are committed to the club' etc they should come out and tell us what they have actually done in the last 12 months. For example 'we have put together a strong management team to lead the business', 'we have an experienced manager with a strong track record; 'we have improved the league position of the team', 'we have the finances in place to ensure the future of the club', 'a healthy transfer budget will be available in January' etc.

On second thoughts better stay with the usual platitudes.

The former would certainly go along with the pathological lying that they've been so known for over the last year....

thanks 786 ralfinho if possible can you ask the following questions

Now that Venkys have given every indication they are here to stay long term and want the club to be sucessful can we expect a 10M bid for Defoe in January to give us a chance of staying up?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

As I don't get Granada where I live will some one post a link after the interview has been showed or know if I would be able to see it on itv player

ERIKS666

Rovers Forever

Do you have HD? My ITV HD channel shows the Granada regional news for some reason - I presume its the same nationwide. ITV SD shows Central region.

I think what the fans don't want to hear is 'positive' and sound bites like that. What we want to hear is 'we have got things wrong, we can't change that now but we can sure learn from it going forward.'

ITV will also be interviewing Kean and Kevin Gallacher too, for their piece to air Thursday and Friday

I don't want to pre-empt anything but the balance doesn't seem right. Venky's, Kean and Gallagher and no (or very little) input from the fans. Expect more of the same then.

Had an email from ITV, I shouldnt have put up his contact details and I apologise to Mike for that, but will people please not bombard his inbox with questions as he will only look at the ones I have sent him. Cheers chapps

Laugh out loud moment.

Archived