BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Venkys ITV Interview

I wish the media , would ask some serious questions ..Instead we get carefully prepared questions , that are known to Venkys in advance ...It is called marketing their product and I don't mean Blackburn Rovers !

When serious questions are put up on here , they are removed !!!!

Are Venkys now running this messageboard ???

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ask this guy, I think he is the one carrying out the interview

Mike Hall - ITV

Hes expecting them soon. Does someone want to compile of questions and I will ask him if he will read through and ask them?

Do you have his email address Ralf? It would be good to have one of the fans (Glen or Simon perhaps) to ask them some searching questions in a live situation rather than the 'loaded' questions the Mike Hall will probably put to them.

Failing that if anybody knows where they are staying it would be good to actually meet them and put some questions direct to them. They wouldn't be able to stage manage something like that.

Do you have his email address Ralf? It would be good to have one of the fans (Glen or Simon perhaps) to ask them some searching questions in a live situation rather than the 'loaded' questions the Mike Hall will probably put to them.

Failing that if anybody knows where they are staying it would be good to actually meet them and put some questions direct to them. They wouldn't be able to stage manage something like that.

It's been proved in previous interview situations that if someone pops up with a question that wasn't approved beforehand the interview gets terminated very quickly.

Unfortunately with regards to the media the whole picture is not always painted. Just what the interviewee is happy to reveal.

I wish the media , would ask some serious questions ..Instead we get carefully prepared questions , that are known to Venkys in advance ...It is called marketing their product and I don't mean Blackburn Rovers !

People need to understand that Venky's aren't a rock band. Any PR is good PR is rubbish. When you're involved with other businesses, shareholders, investors, bankers etc. you don't want to gather a bad reputation. Not to mention that the owners all have families and children and gaining bad reputations would not be good for them at all.

They want their message to be "Buy our bucket of chicken - it's delicious!"

Not: "Buy our bucket of chicken - we've taken a ###### in it!"

Ive sent the list of questions to Mike Hall Email

He has said he will look through them and also try and ask as many as possible

It's now 12 months since Venkys took over, results on the pitch have worsened, the pr has been disgusting, attendences have fallen sharply and the manager appears to want to split the fans and you have lost an excellent senior management team. We were told you were passionate about the club and fans and have ambitious plans. What are they and canyou comment on the previous points?

Anyone care to explain why my post has been deleted.

Just some suggested questions, nothing contentious IMO.

Yeah seem to have had mine deleted as well. A fellow fan wanted bit of help with few question I obliged, he certainly didn’t have to use any, only for the north Korean style censorship of brfcs.com to step in. Thing is I can’t think of anything I put that was controversial.

Oh well. Hope the lad sorted it.

Not particularly bothered but to the admin boffins of this site just out of interest why is deleting reasonable questions necessary when so much more inflamatory stuff is posted elsewhere?

Yeah seem to have had mine deleted as well. A fellow fan wanted bit of help with few question I obliged, he certainly didn’t have to use any, only for the north Korean style censorship of brfcs.com to step in. Thing is I can’t think of anything I put that was controversial.

Oh well. Hope the lad sorted it.

Not particularly bothered but to the admin boffins of this site just out of interest why is deleting reasonable questions necessary when so much more inflamatory stuff is posted elsewhere?

A lot of my posts have been deleted too when at no point have I claimed to know anything. I've heard a lot of rumours, so has everyone else. But it's got so censored now we can't even say we heard a rumour.

As for the interview, anyone fancy contacting ITV and asking them to ask Venkys what their take is on WEC Group considering pulling out of sponsorship?

these are the questions I got sent to me that I have followed on to Mike Hall

QUESTIONS

What if still involved in the club does Jerome Anderson do for the benefit of Blackburn Rovers?

If you have Blackburns interests at heart why do you not sell the club to a bigger investor if the a bigger investor wants to take over and take Rovers further with bigger investment. Or are you looking out for your company Venky's just a little bit more than you are Blackburns?

Why do you rarely attend games?

Why is there not at least 1 representetive from Venky's for the day to day runnings of the club?

Do you really think you will ever turn the fans around?

What is the nature of the relationship with Jerome Anderson.

Have agent fees in relation to transfer fees been in excess of actual transfer fees. If so why.

What is the debt structure of the club. Why have mortgages been taken out against future place money.

how much of your (Rao) personal wealth have you put into the club since the take over.

Will future mortgages be taken out against future club income.

In hindsight do you think allowing JW and TF to leave was a mistake. Why have you failed to put a functioning management structure in place.

Do you think footballing success is essential to your perceived success as owners of Blackburn Rovers FC.

If footballing success was not being achieved at what point would you feel it necessary to make changes in order for footballing success to be achieved.

Do you think your communication/relationship with the supporters is good. What evidence do you have that the majority of supporters are behind you.

You asked the Blackburn Rovers fans to judge you after 12 months, how do you think they feel you have done so far?

What do you think of Steve Kean's record in the premiere league? (His stats are P32 W6 D10 L16 Win percent of 18.75%)

If results do not improve, how long before you decide enough is enough and sack the manager?

Why is there no chairman or CEO?

Where do they see Rovers slumping to in 5 yrs time?

Why talk about champions league and make all other teams laugh at us sitting at the bottom of the league?

With public relations at all time low who is in charge of PR at the club and if they have gone with his advice why hasn’t he been sacked?

What plans have you got in place should Rovers get relegated?

Will you pump in your own money should Rovers get relegated in order to push for a promotion the following season?

The banks called in their mortgage this summer and you have now taken out mortgages on future tv revenue, what have you got in place should the banks call in this money again?

Why the hell does any sane Rovers fan want to listen to old VENKY TASH bumble his way through an interview which will be full of the same old stock answers,while he squirms and looks like he has a cricket bat shoved up his arse? :blink:

Embarrassing,just why the hell are these people giving interviews through a regional TV channel so the rest of the North West can have a good laugh at our expense...do they think we are in total awe of them or something?

Why do they not speak to the fans through official club sources,HELLO!... ANYONE THERE?

JESUS CHRIST!

People need to understand that Venky's aren't a rock band. Any PR is good PR is rubbish. When you're involved with other businesses, shareholders, investors, bankers etc. you don't want to gather a bad reputation. Not to mention that the owners all have families and children and gaining bad reputations would not be good for them at all.

Do you have to say opposite to everyone all the time. Look you have no idea how the venkys are ridiculed and hated in Blackburn . If the bad publicity is bad for them they should stop talking tripe!!! Champions league, beckham , their chuffing baby, fans love them... All stupid publicity ... They are killing us !!!!

Who do you think they care of more ... Rovers or team venky ?

The Rao's need to understand we are a football club, not a baby FFS, I don't give a flying one about their families, they are destroying the Rovers and they deserve any ###### that goes their way, end off

As I don't get Granada where I live will some one post a link after the interview has been showed or know if I would be able to see it on itv player

ERIKS666

Rovers Forever

I will have it mate, so I will post it on this thread cheers when the interview is done cheers.

thanks 786 ralfinho if possible can you ask the following questions

Now that Venkys have given every indication they are here to stay long term and want the club to be sucessful can we expect a 10M bid for Defoe in January to give us a chance of staying up?

Venkys have stated they are fully behind Steve Kean how long will it be before they run out of patience and realise Kean is not up to the job when is there breaking point?

They have stated on many occasions they will guarantee results by hook or crook so if the worst happens and the club is relegated will they fund the club for an immediate return to the big time?

They say they stick by Steve Kean because he is a good thinker and works long hours do they think that is what makes a good manager or do they not think that results are all that matters?

What role if any does Jerome Anderson have at the club because they said to the lancs telegraph a few months ago his role was to diminish what is the truth?

Why did they take out a 2nd mortgage against the club they promised the Prem.Lge and Jack Walker Trustees they would put their own money into the club so why the 2nd mortgage?

thanks.

1. Steve Kean was recently described as being a "brilliant" manager by you, obviously this is with the exception of results on the pitch which are quite frankly appalling, his previous managerial record and his inability to interact with the fan base. For the fans' benefit could you explain what makes you think Steve Kean is "brilliant" and why you think he is capable of keeping Rovers in the Premier League?

2. We keep losing, is this why you never turn up at Ewood Park to see your "baby"?

3. What qualities do you believe you bring to Blackburn Rovers in order to enable them to succeed in the Premier League and, as promised, enable Blackburn Rovers to challenge for Europe? Is it financial backing for example? If so why take out a new mortgage?

4. If Rovers are relegated, highly probable if Steve Kean doesn't start to build on our 1 win so far this season very very soon, and regularly, will Venkys be around to pickup the pieces? How will you pay the mortgage / players wages?

5. Has there been a point in the last twelve months when you've thought "You know what? We haven't a clue what we're doing here! We got away with it last season but things are going from bad to worse"? If not why not?

6. Where do you think BRFC will be in 3 years time?

Archived