BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Qatar flags for Wigan game

Pete1981

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm finding it difficult to understand you.

The Qataris are not the answer.

Really? What is your solution to the current crisis then?

Prob just about the only person that would meet all old macca's criteria would normally be found residing in the Vatican. :P You should write to him Paul. Good luck with that one. ^_^

Are you sure they will be there?

Mike Hall from ITV news has put it on twitter although he got the day wrong

mikehallitv Mike Hall

Blackburn Rovers owners Venkys WILL attend Sunday's match against Wigan. They're arriving over the weekend #rovers #Venkys

Missing the point, I'm responding to the idea that burning an Indian flag is somehow racist. It isn't.

As always in these issues people don't get context. Think of it as it being acceptable to use the expression 'my Nigger' if your a coloured person as a reference to describe other coloured people. However if a white man uses the same expression in exactly the same context and scenario, it's racist, why? Some people will never be able to distinguish actions and context over simple words as that's all they see.

Check out the flag desecration page on Wiki, ctrl + F racism, one result in several pages, go figure.

Burning a few India flags won't go amiss either so Venky's aren't in any doubt how Rovers supporters feel.

That's a bit harsh on the entire Indian nation when it's only three or four of them that we are actually ###### off with.

Personally I hope there are many Qatar flags there tomorrow and it gets reported. If theres a 1% chance the Qataris might come back in, its worth a shot. (as long as its not a Jason Roberts' shot)

Hehe. Like what you did there. ;)

I think it's a great statement to make. It's slapping Venky's ownership in the face on their anniversary without the immaturity. It should the flag of India that we're flying, but Venky's have cocked it up that much that we're seeking a saviour in Qatar!

The idea came a little late unfortunately,but its a good one.

I had no idea the venky boys were going tomorrow till I just read the itv reporters tweet

It could still work all it takes is people to print them out

Archived