BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Qatar flags for Wigan game

Pete1981

Very good idea and nothing lost in waving Qatar flags at the match - but they have to be seen by the TV cameras and thus transmitted worldwide.

A banner explaining the presence of Qatar flags might also help for the benefit of London-based media people who might be commentating on the match and won't have a clue about this story.

Burning a few India flags won't go amiss either so Venky's aren't in any doubt how Rovers supporters feel.

I'm fairly certain anyone doing that would end up in the cells for racial hatred.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

Why do Venky's feel the need to say otherwise then? If they have received a bid and rejected it what is the harm in them saying so? I guess sometimes they defy logic.

If anything this is the most logical thing Venky's have done so far.

They already know there is growing resentment towards them, why would they come out and admit they had the chance to sell us to billionaires and decided against it? If anything that's going to enrage people even further.

Please tell me you are joking. How exactly would that class as racial hatred?!

Not sure, but I think that is the legal position. Recently some people wanted to burn poppies - deemed illegal (although there were other reasons as well)

Ah this reminds me of Birmingham away last year. Fans chanting Ali Syed's name and "We're so rich it's unbelievable".

What's to say this Qatar based group are any better than the Venky's?

Not quite the same, Ali Syed wasn't on the Forbes list. These guys are ran by the Crown Prince.

And as Philipl said, they have two other clubs and they don't seem to be doing to badly.

No burning of flags please, it's not India's fault just as it's not my fault for Peter Sutcliffe.

No flag burning please. This would be siezed upon by the press and will potentially tarnish the clubs image. The plane could be viewed light heartedly and fans across the country would probably have seen the funny side. Don't use the 'well the scousers did it' as a form of justification. Rovers fans are better than that! Any protest should be in good taste and quirky not offensive to any viewer other than the intended people or organisation.

I know this is most likely tongue in cheek but no no no no no I hope rovers fans never sink to those depths.

Now don't you worry about their feelings Tom. Their sensibilities aren't like ours you know, those IndoPak chappies just love a good effigy burning. They're always at it for one reason or another. :tu:

I'm fairly certain anyone doing that would end up in the cells for racial hatred.

Really? All I ever seem to see on the news from those parts is a burning of the stars and stripes / union jack accompanied by a lot of shrieking and foot stamping. Their prisons must be chocker.

A terrible idea. Why would anyone want to fly the standard of such a repressive country as Qatar?

Get a grip.

Desperate times call for desperate measures.

Anyway there can't be anything untoward going on in qatar or else FIFA would never have sanctioned an event as important as the World Cup would they? ^_^

Really? All I ever seem to see on the news from those parts is a burning of the stars and stripes / union jack accompanied by a lot of shrieking and foot stamping. Their prisons must be chocker.

You do know we're not in Indian or Pakistan?

Nonsense.

I wouldn't risk.

Not that I'd be as moronic to burn a nation's flag mind.

Archived