BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Qatar flags for Wigan game

Pete1981

Qatar definitely made a bid.

Have Andy Cryer and Alan Nixon EVER had the same story printed and both been wrong???

Why do Venky's feel the need to say otherwise then? If they have received a bid and rejected it what is the harm in them saying so? I guess sometimes they defy logic.

p.s. Love the flag idea. Should hopefully send a very clear message to Venky's

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is actually a very good idea.

Good idea I agree. But even better if the bid is still on the table and being considered.

Pointless idea if the bid is over and done with.

I think the fat lady is still singing.

This is actually a very good idea.

I think so too. The media will pick up on it and who knows it may increase the bidders determination to buy us. At the same time Venky's have never seen an Indian flag at Rovers and so to see a qatarian one flying on the strength of a maybe, will surely show them they haven't hit the right spot at Rovers.

What it really needs is for the Qatari's to come out and say that they have actually held talks with Venky's - Mrs D's and Venky's reputation blown!

But that would probably pee Venky's off so much that they wouldn't sell to them...

Maybe they will do that if they do go elsewhere.

Change the white to blue perhaps...... Hey that could even become Lanky Utd's home strip! Claret and Royal blue halves with White shorts for the Nob End Lillywhites.

Must make a note. Well don Maj.

Please don't mess around with the colours or shades of the Qatar national flag. That would not be well received in the Arab world.

Trying to be helpful.

I hope they get flown - what a gob smack for the Venkys

Why do Venky's feel the need to say otherwise then? If they have received a bid and rejected it what is the harm in them saying so? I guess sometimes they defy logic.

p.s. Love the flag idea. Should hopefully send a very clear message to Venky's

The way I see it, if Venkys did reject a bid then the only way to appease the fans would be, at least, to spend some money.

I might be a bit cynical but if they say that no bid was made, it would make it easier for them not to spend money and say there is no alternative!

What it really needs is for the Qatari's to come out and say that they have actually held talks with Venky's - Mrs D's and Venky's reputation blown!

They wont do this. They have far more class than to talk about stuff until its sealed. Unlike the useless turnips in charge at mo. "we made strong bids for ronaldinho, beckham and want maradona." How embarrasing that was for us!

The way I see it, if Venkys did reject a bid then the only way to appease the fans would be, at least, to spend some money.

I might be a bit cynical but if they say that no bid was made, it would make it easier for them not to spend money and say there is no alternative!

I don't think that's cynical at all. That's the only possible reason for it, which saddens me because it shows they are here to stay.

I really wish the Qatari's would test Venky's resolve. I still don't think they would get another PL club on the cheap as they could Rovers. And as they say everybody has a price.

Very good idea and nothing lost in waving Qatar flags at the match - but they have to be seen by the TV cameras and thus transmitted worldwide.

A banner explaining the presence of Qatar flags might also help for the benefit of London-based media people who might be commentating on the match and won't have a clue about this story.

Burning a few India flags won't go amiss either so Venky's aren't in any doubt how Rovers supporters feel.

Very good idea and nothing lost in waving Qatar flags at the match - but they have to be seen by the TV cameras and thus transmitted worldwide.

A banner explaining the presence of Qatar flags might also help for the benefit of London-based media people who might be commentating on the match and won't have a clue about this story.

Burning a few India flags won't go amiss either so Venky's aren't in any doubt how Rovers supporters feel.

Quite a revolutionary Jim on the quiet !

Ah this reminds me of Birmingham away last year. Fans chanting Ali Syed's name and "We're so rich it's unbelievable".

What's to say this Qatar based group are any better than the Venky's?

Could they possibly be worse?

• Backroom

I know this is most likely tongue in cheek but no no no no no I hope rovers fans never sink to those depths.

Ah this reminds me of Birmingham away last year. Fans chanting Ali Syed's name and "We're so rich it's unbelievable".

Apart from Qatar Petroleum obviously have lots of money.

As Al says, they can't be any worse Venky's. I'm convinced the first act any new owner would do is appoint a new manager.

Archived