BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Liverpool set to secure Chris Samba signing

In this instance is Samba or Kean the muppet? He was always going to go anyway I'm just bored of it now

Thats funny Tom. In my memory Samba seemed quite happy with life under Allardyce's management. You seem very despondent given your interest in BRFC and your sterling and unrewarded involvement in this board and the FF. Or is it just the tan fading perhaps? :closedeyes:

All this buying and subsequent replacement of our best players is not only mighty dangerous but also must be mighty profitable too given the fees skimmed from the deals these days by the middle men plus the signing on fee that players demand and get for extricating themselves from clubs on the cheap). Our best players seem to be preparing to leave our asylum, in fact since somebody else has come in for him his contract talks have broken down Hoilett was again poor I understand? A more suspicious type than I might suggest that it's almost as if he's attempting to devalue himself. <_<

The only issue with that is the last para. I see no way at all that we would be tempted to sell at £10m.

That 10m will no doubt be a figure dreamed up by his agent... and probably unnamed interested parties in an early attempt to devalue him and get him away from the goons in pune on the cheap. It's the under the counter stuff that will be figuring strongest in this issue ....if there is any of course.

BUT to all the know nowts who are continually insisting in the face of ever increasing evidence that 16m was more than enough for Phil Jones cos of his age and that Rio Ferdinand was worth more cos he was 24, here we have a fully mature and equally strong defender, captain and significant goal threat from spot kicks being touted at 10m. Would you all like to explain how you are attempting to have it both ways? :wstu:

O.K. ###### off Samba you idiot. We bought him for 400,000 and selling him for 10,000,000. He'll win the same number of trophies there that he would of with Rovers, sod all.

There is only one idiot involved in this post and it isn't Chris Samba.

The issue is that Samba tries to lecture the fans, and is/was fawning all over Mrs D and the Rao boys, and in turn shows no loyalty back. As if we should expect any loyalty these days in the rotten world of football.

Damn I plussed this post by mistake!

C'mon PB what do you expect him to say in public given his position as team captain? :rolleyes: He has to adhere to the politics of his position.

If we can get anywhere close to 10 million I'd drive him there myself. Might be controversial but personally I believe he's massively overrated by not only our fans, but most others too.

He's also a 2 faced turd who likes to preach without practicing.

That being said, I wouldn't blame him for wanting to leave. Put yourself in his shoes, club destined for relegation being run by muppet owners and a useless, bald puppet manager? I'd be gone as well.

Really? Could you expand on that?

Nicko confirmed that Samba was looking to leave the club in the summer before last. Good job Samba signed a new 5 year deal without clauses hey? 10 million will get you a leg, can't see the owners accepting less than 20 million for Samba.

I think Sam's dismissal was a ready made excuse for Samba to jump ship. Players (and in particular their agents) are opportunist creatures like that. Since then, he's been constantly eyeing up a big-money move, and I wouldn't be surprised if he finally gets it this year. It'll be a big loss (literally!) without him. Him and Givet were starting to look a decent pairing, and Dann hasn't lived up to expectation.

He's still our best centre half but if we could get a good fee for him and we could guarantee to spend it strengthening weaker areas of the team I'd be prepared to let him go. I'm fed up with him wanting away all the time, quite a few have found out the grass is not always greener elsewhere. If we were to get say £ 12 million for him and spent that on a quality left back and a quality dynamic mid-fielder and maybe even bring in a striker it would be a move for the better. After all he seem prone to missing games because of injury and discipline problems anyway.

http://www.people.co.uk/sport/2011/11/20/liverpool-set-to-secure-chris-samba-signing-102039-23573898/

Samba, 27, has become increasingly frustrated with life at Ewood Park and is eager to move to a bigger club while he is still in his prime.

He will just be the tip of the iceberg. By the time the transfer window opens we'll be as good as down under the clown.

Thats funny Tom. In my memory Samba seemed quite happy with life under Allardyce's management. You seem very despondent given your interest in BRFC and your sterling and unrewarded involvement in this board and the FF. Or is it just the tan fading perhaps? :closedeyes:

Why chose to have a dig at one of the most polite and respectful members of the forum? The bloke seemingly dedicates much of his spare time to the club and so what if he got a free trip to Pune off the back of it. To my mind his only mistake was telling anyone he was going. In hindsight the trip was too easily manipulated. But i don't for one minute believe any of the FF members left the UK with anything other than good intentions.

Now it seems anyone who admitted going is open to snide comments like the above. Posts like that do you no credit thenodrog. You usually post things worth reading, but that one just whiffs of jealousy and resentment. Although i would expect you vehemently deny that is the case.

He's still our best centre half but if we could get a good fee for him and we could guarantee to spend it strengthening weaker areas of the team I'd be prepared to let him go. I'm fed up with him wanting away all the time, quite a few have found out the grass is not always greener elsewhere. If we were to get say £ 12 million for him and spent that on a quality left back and a quality dynamic mid-fielder and maybe even bring in a striker it would be a move for the better. After all he seem prone to missing games because of injury and discipline problems anyway.

I'd say more than quite a few..our recent history is littered with examples of careers going backwards after leaving Rovers...

Why chose to have a dig at one of the most polite and respectful members of the forum? The bloke seemingly dedicates much of his spare time to the club and so what if he got a free trip to Pune off the back of it. To my mind his only mistake was telling anyone he was going. In hindsight the trip was too easily manipulated. But i don't for one minute believe any of the FF members left the UK with anything other than good intentions.

Now it seems anyone who admitted going is open to snide comments like the above. Posts like that do you no credit thenodrog.You usually post things worth reading, but that one just whiffs of jealousy and resentment. Although i would expect you vehemently deny that is the case.

I'll take the 5th regarding the comment I've bolded.. ;)

Now it seems anyone who admitted going is open to snide comments like the above. Posts like that do you no credit thenodrog. You usually post things worth reading, but that one just whiffs of jealousy and resentment. Although i would expect you vehemently deny that is the case.

I do! You are just so wrong Patrick. As I've said numerous times on here before and after I wouldn't have gone to Pune for a gold clock. For one I've no interest in going and wsecondly tactically the trip was just ill conceived. You cannot deny that subsequent events seem to prove my point.

As for Tom.... I know him. Almost related in fact :rolleyes: . He's a good lad too but no one is above a bit of criticism. His Grandma's already been on my case anyway! :(

I hope we make another move for Onuoha if Samba goes. I'd be happy with Dann and Givet as first choice centre backs, so Onuoha would provide cover right across the back four. He'd probably be first choice right back in the strongest 11 but could cover centre and left positions as well.

I hope we make another move for Onuoha if Samba goes. I'd be happy with Dann and Givet as first choice centre backs, so Onuoha would provide cover right across the back four. He'd probably be first choice right back in the strongest 11 but could cover centre and left positions as well.

We'll miss Samba's pace at the back if he goes, not forgetting his height as well.

Dann and Givet for me won't be anywhere near as strong.

We'll miss Samba's pace at the back if he goes, not forgetting his height as well.

Dann and Givet for me won't be anywhere near as strong.

Do you think we could attract better players than Dann or Givet though? Samba has a pretty rare set of physical attributes for a centre back, I don't think we'll find a like-for-like replacement.

Onuoha is seriously fast by the way, he used to be a sprinter. He doesn't have the height obviously, but Samba is a bit of a freak in that respect, we'll just have to accept that part of our team will be lost when he leaves.

Do you think we could attract better players than Dann or Givet though? Samba has a pretty rare set of physical attributes for a centre back, I don't think we'll find a like-for-like replacement.

Onuoha is seriously fast by the way, he used to be a sprinter. He doesn't have the height obviously, but Samba is a bit of a freak in that respect, we'll just have to accept that part of our team will be lost when he leaves.

No we'll definitely struggle to replace his attributes, but they are still ideally needed. Trouble is in so many aspects of our play Samba is a key player, provides height and pace at the back and of course strength, his role in set-pieces is crucial he's the target and takes two normally to mark him. Onuoha, would provide pace and at right back that may allow a slower CB to play there and still maintain cover. Trouble is can we accept those loses? We score a high number of goals from set-pieces and play a abbreviation of an expansive game so pace is needed as well as his height, so for me if he goes we'll need to think seriously about who we bring in and how we'll absorb those attributes being lost. It doesn't need to be a Samba like signing, a sitter is needed get a lanky one and some decent full-backs.

Although I will say one thing, Givet N Samba for me are our best partnership and have been so for a few years, perhaps it the frenchness. Will we see the same level of understanding and cover from Dann N Givet? I'm not convinced.

Losing Samba, regardless of whether 'Anti-Midas' stays or goes is crucial to us staying up this season. Sack 'Anti-Midas', sit Samba down and say look mate you can go in the summer and we'll accept say 15M then if you stay, get your head down and keep us up. Then re-build in the summer hopefully with a new sculptor in charge.

Samba is my favourite player and has been for years. He is fantastic and has been a great player for us since he joined us many years ago.

On an objective view I would say he deserves to leave. He is ambitious and is reaching his optimal age for a footballer and a career isnt long in football.

And he deserves MUCH better than playing for the idiot Steve Kean.

I just hope we get good money for him - that will be key thing in this situation. If we get a good deal - then fine, we have other good CB's at the club, luckily. But if we end up getting far less than he is worth I will be very dissapointed!

Obviously I would prefered if he stays with us of course! But cant see it happening, and certaintly not with Kean in charge!

Archived