BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Liverpool set to secure Chris Samba signing

http://www.people.co.uk/sport/2011/11/20/liverpool-set-to-secure-chris-samba-signing-102039-23573898/

Samba, 27, has become increasingly frustrated with life at Ewood Park and is eager to move to a bigger club while he is still in his prime.

And he had the audacity to tell us not to protest earlier in the season because we were/are frustrated with life at Ewood.

Another transfer window, another Samba wants to move shocker.

The article mentions a switch of agents. Given the recent rumours, I'd love to know the name or names of the two parties involved in this switch.

Aye as in he switched his agent to JA and JA secured him the move, it would'nt surprise me in the slightest, is'nt he the reason Hoilett wont sign a new contract?

Just think of the fire sale and agents fees if we go down, at least 6 or 7 player will leave and who will represent them?

I don't know why people are surprised he might want out, during the last 3 three transfer windows he has been vocal about wanting to move.

Yes but he has battled for BRFC regardless. Perhaps being forced to play on with a painfully obvious hamstring injury didn't help matters?

In January we are definitely going to loose Samba & Hoilett, add to that we may loose Olsson & Nzonzi too kinda deflates my hopes considering the fact that Kean doesn't know what type of players he's signing!!!

Petrovic - Like Jermaine Jones apparently???

Formica - Like Battistuta apparently???

Goodwillie - A young Rooney... when he's nearly the same age!!!

I guess he knows what he needs, but I reckon he just takes what he's given off Jerome Anderson and it's kinda pot luck as to who he will get & just tries to make it stick!!!

Our club is a shmables but at least next season in the Championship Burnley won't be there to beat us as they look like they're getting relegated too!!!

"Another transfer window, another Samba wants to move shocker."

Frankly, I'm surprised they're not all trying to jump ship. If you're a young player with plenty of potential, why would you stick with a club that has such a lack of points, such a plentitude of trite or condescending PR messages and, in the eyes of an up-and-coming star, lack of ambition (based on the refusal of the QP/QI bid - I'm too tired to keep up)?

Wish some of you lot would stop double standard judging him...

Any of you would do the same thing if anything he has given us good service over a period of time!!

Put yourself in his place... You go to play for the team that's second to bottom of the league in say Germany and you cannot see anyway out and you are being chased by either the 4th 6th or 7th best team in the league...

You'd all do the same thing so some of you need to grow up!

Wish some of you lot would stop double standard judging him...

Any of you would do the same thing if anything he has given us good service over a period of time!!

Put yourself in his place... You go to play for the team that's second to bottom of the league in say Germany and you cannot see anyway out and you are being chased by either the 4th 6th or 7th best team in the league...

You'd all do the same thing so some of you need to grow up!

The issue is that Samba tries to lecture the fans, and is/was fawning all over Mrs D and the Rao boys, and in turn shows no loyalty back. As if we should expect any loyalty these days in the rotten world of football.

Liverpool were linked with Gary Cahill all summer and never sign him. I reckon they will move to sign him because his contract ends in the summer at Bolton,so maybe Bolton might want to cash in on him. Spurs will want him aswell.

whoever gets Cahill, the other club will move for Samba. Lets just hope that Kean is sack and we get a proper manager in that can convince Hoilett and Samba to stay at the club!!!

whoever gets Cahill, the other club will move for Samba. Lets just hope that Kean is sack and we get a proper manager in that can convince Hoilett and Samba to stay at the club!!!

Bingo!

The longer Kean remains the more chance others will start to voice their desire to move on. Sacking Kean is effectively a player retention policy. As for Samba, will his ego take another snubbing by the Premier League 'big 6'? I reckon he'd drop his wage demands just to get away.

The only issue with that is the last para. I see no way at all that we would be tempted to sell at £10m.

agreed ricky. kean did say during the run up to the end of the window back in august, that the club has set a figure that they would think about/accept for samba, and until somebody reaches that figure then it is not up for discussion. also said to big chris that no clubs have come in for him but should they do, they will allow chris the chance to talk with them.

double that reported amount and it is too good to turn down.

Archived