BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Mrs D facing criminal charges

philipl

Details from India here.

I know we have a number of threads running about the Venky's but this is one of the big stinks rumbling behind the scenes we have been talking about finally breaking. This move is the tip of the iceberg from what I understand.

In the short term this is nothing but bad news for Rovers.

The member of the Rao family who most desperately wants to sell us is bound to be weakened in the open family war with Balaji.

The Premier League will be having kittens about this and who knows what files they might be re-opening tomorrow morning.

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bernie Ecclestone and Flavio Briartore are no longer at QPR, shall we put it that way?

Could be a long process.

But its headless chickens in Pune and that cannot be good news for Rovers with that idiot still manager and a hands deep in the pockets (please) transfer window rapidly approaching.

Trueblue posted this link giving more details.

I was aware that this was bubbling but heard mid-month that all charges against the non-executive directors were being dropped. The move today could be chess playing but I suspect this time Mrs D has really serious problems.

Remember Venky's also own 5% of Lavasa so there is a direct financial interest and potential gain from whatever has been going on.

As I understand it, the pollution, threat to drinking water and massive despoilation of an area of outstanding natural beauty are absolute slam dunks. You only need to go there and look at it to see that Pune's supply of potable water would be ruined by this development.

I have friends from the area who cracked a bottle of bubbly tonight to celebrate the move by the authorities, they were so upset at what was happening to such a beautiful place.

However, none of this helps Rovers in the short term.

At a guess, would the chairperson of a football club having a criminal record not be frowned upon under the PL's fit and proper checking process?

With a criminal record, she would be forced to divest immediately.

But we are a long way from her being convicted.

There are likely to be many more charges (not necessarily for Mrs D) before this saga finishes from what I know of this situation. The CEO not being charged makes you wonder if he is co-operating with the authorities in which case the politicians and investors could be in for an extremely rough time.

At a guess, would the chairperson of a football club having a criminal record not be frowned upon under the PL's fit and proper checking process?

Does that mean that the fit and proper process stays 'live', and isn't just in place at the point of purchase? If that's the case then we can wave goodbye to any January transfer budget until this is resolved.

Sheesh....

Does that mean that the fit and proper process stays 'live', and isn't just in place at the point of purchase? If that's the case then we can wave goodbye to any January transfer budget until this is resolved.

Sheesh....

I honestly don't know, but if you were the PL would you be happy having one of your club's owners being criminally charged for something?

You hope (for some reason?).

No, it just probably is.

The company Mrs D owns (Venky's) has a small stake in a construction project that is alledged to have committed some environmental offences. She is named automatically along with the heads of all the other companies with stakes in the project because she is top of the food chain. All she has to do is show that she didn't know these offences were being committed. I don't see that being difficult whatever the truth is, do you?

That is it.

Archived