BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Mrs D facing criminal charges

philipl

I agree it will be a serious distraction Philip, a very serious one, though I do doubt the amount if time Mrs D spends on Rovers these days.

Certainly as a director she should know what was happening but equally we both know there are many, many instances where this is not the case. Lawyers can and do prove their client was unaware of the offences, had details hidden from them etc. it may well make the director look very stupid, even incompetent but if the offence is serious enough it keeps the defendant out of jail.

Different situation I know but look at James Murdoch's defence of the NOWT phone hacking. Either he must of known or he was grossly negligent and incompetent. His defence makes him look the later but my money would be on the former but he doesn't run the risk of criminal prosecution and jail.

Mrs D may be distracted for a while but I doubt this has any "fit and proper" relevance.

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No, it just probably is.

The company Mrs D owns (Venky's) has a small stake in a construction project that is alledged to have committed some environmental offences. She is named automatically along with the heads of all the other companies with stakes in the project because she is top of the food chain. All she has to do is show that she didn't know these offences were being committed. I don't see that being difficult whatever the truth is, do you?

That is it.

Ignorance is not a defence in law. If an offence has been committed, even though the person didn't know it was an offence, it still means an offence was committed. As a director she has to give an account.

It also must change the balance in the war she is having with Balaji.

Makes a sale less likely and ironically the early firing of Kean more likely.

It could even have the opposite affect. Balaji may give in to Mrs D, in light of her situation. Anyway if the prem say she should sell, she would have no choice.

I dont think this will count for much.

The Venkys holds 12% or so in Lavasa and she as director has been asked to appear before court by Jan 30, 2012.

The promoters of Lavasa are strongly connected to some of the whos-who in Indian politics, and hence this case will go on and on for a while - and she (or anyone else) wont be arrested for anything.

They've got good lawyers.

Meanwhile - back to the football.

The Venkys holds 12% or so in Lavasa and she as director has been asked to appear before court by Jan 30, 2012.

The promoters of Lavasa are strongly connected to some of the whos-who in Indian politics, and hence this case will go on and on for a while - and she (or anyone else) wont be arrested for anything.

However good Lawyers they may be, the cost wont be cheap and there is the possibility of assets being frozen which would leave the Raos needing to raise capital outside of India :D

However good Lawyers they may be, the cost wont be cheap and there is the possibility of assets being frozen which would leave the Raos needing to raise capital outside of India :D

I can see the headlines now, :Rovers sell players for chicken feed".

You are touching the iceberg there.

Prominent Indian politicians are beginning to fall because of graft etc. The mood is changing pretty quickly over there in terms of what is being tolerated and Lavasa by its very nature, is big ugly and very very visible.

The promoters also face a huge dilemma.

Development has been stopped so they have a white elephant of denuded hills with top soil cascading into the main reservoir for Pune affecting drinking water. They have ploughed millions into the project and just have a bunch of empty hotels, restaurants and apartments to show for it. So they desperately want to fight to carry on building BUT the more they fight the more they open themselves up for their opponents to reveal what they think has happened.

A criminal arrest warrant over failure to comply with permits might turn into some very different types of charges.

There is no "war" with Balaji.

There was no offer from Qatar (The first time that the family heard about the supposed offer was when I showed them a newspaper article on it.)

This criminal case will go on for 10yrs and then slowly die-out with nobody of importance being convicted. It's not a coincidence that this has come up shortly before the national elections. The ruling party knows it might be defeated and this is their last chance for a brown envelope before they go.

There was no offer from Qatar (The first time that the family heard about the supposed offer was when I showed them a newspaper article on it.)

You showed the family a newspaper article !? How do you have such access to the 'family' ? Who are you ? Napoleon?

This criminal case will go on for 10yrs and then slowly die-out with nobody of importance being convicted. It's not a coincidence that this has come up shortly before the national elections. The ruling party knows it might be defeated and this is their last chance for a brown envelope before they go.

If you know them you better do something and turn their heads !

If you are so close to the family as you would lead us to believe then can you be a good chap and please ask them to sell up and bugger off. Thanks!

Forgive me for saying that there is a massive issue of credibility now on anything coming from Pune.

Whom do I believe- senior officials in QIA (plus two competing groups in the British press) or you?

Forgive me for saying that there is a massive issue of credibility now on anything coming from Pune.

Whom do I believe- senior officials in QIA (plus two competing groups in the British press) or you?

Come on MG, tell us who you are and provide some evidence you have access to the family. Are you an employee paid to monitor press and internet message boards on their behalf...or a mischievous dingle? Of course, if what you say is true then I am sure we all have a message that we would like you to pass on! It goes along the lines of Kean Out, Venkys Out. Thanks.

You showed the family a newspaper article !? How do you have such access to the 'family' ? Who are you ? Napoleon?

Exactly, who are you?

are you Rodent in disguise?

obi-wan.jpg

"These aren't the droids you're looking for..."

I have to say reading this can't any of these clowns stay on the right side of the law surely this must have come up in DD or on the prem. Lge. fit and proper test oh wait the prem lge's test is not worth toilet paper total clowns ineptitude of the highest quality. :angry2:

Archived