BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] New Manager

Brisbane Roar are my home town team. Watching them play week in week out has been a breath of fresh air after witnessing some of the cross Rovers have played this season. Ange Postecoglu is a great manager but there is a huge difference between managing at a club like the Roar in the A- League and a premier league club like Rovers. Not saying he doesn't have the potential though.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

souness has no interest in management now. he has said it many times.

That is correct. But maybe he wants this task. When does Kamy suggest names!!!!! Souness in gets Kean out. So Souness will do for me.

Don't want Souness...not managed for ages,too settled in the studio these days.

I'd quite like us to take a punt on a young,hungry manager as opposed to one of the usual suspects.

Poyet,Lambert,Adkins maybe,although I can see they might not be the go-to option for a relegation scrap.

Thing is, if we get a new manager who blasts players for being rubbish, how will they respond? I imagine most of them believe they are amazing as Mr Positive would go on and on about luck and how "excellent" they all are. No wonder they apparently like them.

As a teacher we get discouraged against over-using postive words without backing them up with evidence.

That being said, I would LOVE him to leave...

The best we are going to get while the club is seen to be in such organisational chaos is someone on a short-term, keep us up this year for a fat bonus. No proper manager is going to sign a 3-year contract tomorrow with things as they are off the field. So on that basis I would be on my bended knees giving praise were we to get Souey to steady the ship till the summer. Our only hope is time for the owners to finally see sense or sell up and we need someone to give us that.

Don't want Souness...not managed for ages,too settled in the studio these days.

I'd quite like us to take a punt on a young,hungry manager as opposed to one of the usual suspects.

Poyet,Lambert,Adkins maybe,although I can see they might not be the go-to option for a relegation scrap.

You can rule out poyet - too happy at Brighton.

• 2 weeks later...

For me it's gotta be someone that is a little bit mad to try and get anything from our current situation, so..

Holloway or Newall

Unfortunately, cos i think he would be a great shout, Newell would not touch us with a barge poll if Venkys or Jerome Anderson are still at the club. It's well documented the issues he had at Luton with dodgy owners and agents !!

Yep - met many times.

But did you ask him in Spanish?

Glad the Seagulls are climbing back up the table, they were in 2nd for weeks at the beginning, then slid, maybe down to 10th and now they are back up, 7th. C-ship league is tough but a more equal race than the PL, much less of a disparity amongst teams.

The best we are going to get while the club is seen to be in such organisational chaos is someone on a short-term, keep us up this year for a fat bonus. No proper manager is going to sign a 3-year contract tomorrow with things as they are off the field. So on that basis I would be on my bended knees giving praise were we to get Souey to steady the ship till the summer. Our only hope is time for the owners to finally see sense or sell up and we need someone to give us that.

With this suggestion, it's like Dalglish at Liverpool. It may work. With some candidates, not all, they may look esconce at the owners. That might be a problem with some the way Mourinho said he would manage Liverpool with their former owners, Gillettes I think.

Archived