BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] New Manager

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We are probably down already, but now is perfect timing for our 'last chance'. New manager comes in, we get a bit of a boost for a few weeks that keeps us in touch. New players come in during the window to sort out the midfield. By then fitness and organisation will have improved...

And yes I know I'm clutching at straws.

Hughes is never coming back here, maybe just maybe he would have if we had the Qatari's as owners and a shed load of cash. I'm not sure I want him and his ego down here again anyway. Shearer and Newell?/ your havin a laugh. Benitez I don't care for either. No let's just keep Kean. Just kidding. Ancelotti for me. Great boss, good man.

Charlie Corrolli would do a better job than coco has.

seriously I am not sure whether Curbishley could have an instant impact. Hughes most definately would be the man to spend £10m wisely AND get an instant impact. Even Souness could gel this lot and achieve much better results.

KEAN OUT

Charlie Corrolli would do a better job than coco has.

seriously I am not sure whether Curbishley could have an instant impact. Hughes most definately would be the man to spend £10m wisely AND get an instant impact. Even Souness could gel this lot and achieve much better results.

KEAN OUT

I think Souness and Samba taking the lead would keep us up

Not Curbs either, did well long term at Charlton did not exactly set the world alight at Wham. As already said, me dog would do a better job than Kean but we need to make sure we get immediate results. We are at the mo only 4 points adrift. We can make that up but we don;t have time to drag our feet any

If we lose today - and to Sunderland - we'll probably be 7 points from safety.

While I can't see Hughes coming back - if he was given a contract to the end of the season on a fairly hefty salary, with a monster bonus for keeping us up - maybe, just maybe he'd consider it.

It's not going to damage his managerial career if we go down, as we were already seven points from safety. If he keeps us up, his stock will go through the roof again, and he can consider his options in the summer.

Not Curbs either, did well long term at Charlton did not exactly set the world alight at Wham. As already said, me dog would do a better job than Kean but we need to make sure we get immediate results. We are at the mo only 4 points adrift. We can make that up but we don;t have time to drag our feet any

Following Swansea, we've 24 games. Curbihsley won 40.85% at West Ham. If he duplicated that form, he'd accumulate 29 points. Add the 7 we have, and we'd be at 36 points, without considering the Swansea result or potential draws.

So Curbishley MIGHT keep us up by the skin of his teeth, IF Kean is sacked regardless of the Swansea result. And considering Kean's pathetic win percentage, he should be sacked even if the scoreline is 12-0 Rovers win.

Following Swansea, we've 24 games. Curbihsley won 40.85% at West Ham. If he duplicated that form, he'd accumulate 29 points. Add the 7 we have, and we'd be at 36 points, without considering the Swansea result or potential draws.

So Curbishley MIGHT keep us up by the skin of his teeth, IF Kean is sacked regardless of the Swansea result. And considering Kean's pathetic win percentage, he should be sacked even if the scoreline is 12-0 Rovers win.

Curbishley had a much better squad at Wham than we currently do.

Curbishley is yesterday's man and has been out of the game too long. He's also London and is unlikely to want to come "nawf". Our present manager lives in Surrey and I would like a manager who at least for £x millions a year will have the grace and decency to live in the area.

Desperate times call for desperate measures. It is imperative we stay up and in the short-term if it were my club I would get the best man possible on a six-month contract with the brief of saving us from relegation and a substantial financial reward if he achieves it. In the summer I would look again at a long-term appointment.

Saviours like Sam Allardyce don't grow on trees and to be honest I'm stumped for a realistic suggestion.

Gutted that Martin O´Neill is set to sign for Sunderland

Well I'm not! MoN is undoubtedly a good manager, but ONLY if he is kept supplied with loads and loads of money to buy all the players he fancies and i just cannot see him even attempting to manage us under the Venkys regime.

Mark Hughes on the other hand (who is STILL available) can manage very well with or without an unending supply of cash. He would be my choice even if they were both applying for the vacancy that must surely be just around the corner.

I think it's fair to say that without a doubt, we would all want Hughes back along with his entire backroom staff. Whether he would do, under the shambles that is Venkys, is a totally different matter though. My opinion, for what its worth, is that he wouldn't.

To be honest, as it stands, i'd have anyone here instead of Kean and i include Ince in that !!!.

Realsitically, if Venkys were half decent owners, i think we'd have a chance of getting any of the following -

Benitez

Dave Jones

Holloway

Curbishley

Souness.

Solksjaer

With Venkys in charge though, i don't think any of them would come.

• Backroom

IMO they've left it too late. We should never have even started the season with that bald idiot at the helm, let alone allowing him to take us into December with a single, solitary, pathetically lucky win. Venky's will have to pay any respectable manager HUGE sums to come here and it would have to be a short-term contract because no manager of any worth is going to want to be managing us in the Chumpionship. Not only this, but Venky's will also have to pay Kean a hefty sum just to remove him.

How is it possible that these utter imbeciles run a successful business?

Archived