BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] New Manager

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The way things are at Rovers at the moment I wouldn't be the least surprised to see Balaj take over from Kean as caretaker-manager with Jerome Anderson as assistant. Funny thing is we probably wouldn't be worse off;)

(Yeah yeah I know....badges & whatnot)

Not Curbs either, did well long term at Charlton did not exactly set the world alight at Wham.

Taken from Wikipedia:

"After looking certain for relegation, Curbishley led West Ham to seven wins out of their last nine games, beating Blackburn Rovers, Everton, Bolton Wanderers, Wigan Athletic, Arsenal, Middlesbrough and a 1–0 win at Manchester United on the last day of the season, to keep West Ham in the Premier League.[16] The 2007–08 Premier League season was relatively successful for Curbishley, as he led the club to a top ten finish despite long-term injuries to many of the key signings he had made that summer, including Scott Parker, Craig Bellamy, Kieron Dyer and Julien Faubert. "

Of course there's no guarantee he'd do the same again, but I think you're being harsh on him.

I think it's fair to say that without a doubt, we would all want Hughes back along with his entire backroom staff. Whether he would do, under the shambles that is Venkys, is a totally different matter though. My opinion, for what its worth, is that he wouldn't.

To be honest, as it stands, i'd have anyone here instead of Kean and i include Ince in that !!!.

Realsitically, if Venkys were half decent owners, i think we'd have a chance of getting any of the following -

Benitez

Dave Jones

Holloway

Curbishley

Souness.

Solksjaer

With Venkys in charge though, i don't think any of them would come.

Nail on th ehead there, replacing Kean will not be that easy. Most self respecting gaffers are going to tell em to eff off, which in itself is not important because we know the qualities they will be looking for don't we. The new manager must be proficient in saying Yes Venky's, yes venky's anything you say Venky's. They'll be after another yes man no doubt. I'm sure JA already has their candidate picked out

Taken from Wikipedia:

"After looking certain for relegation, Curbishley led West Ham to seven wins out of their last nine games, beating Blackburn Rovers, Everton, Bolton Wanderers, Wigan Athletic, Arsenal, Middlesbrough and a 1–0 win at Manchester United on the last day of the season, to keep West Ham in the Premier League.[16] The 2007–08 Premier League season was relatively successful for Curbishley, as he led the club to a top ten finish despite long-term injuries to many of the key signings he had made that summer, including Scott Parker, Craig Bellamy, Kieron Dyer and Julien Faubert. "

Of course there's no guarantee he'd do the same again, but I think you're being harsh on him.

Harsh? No not really, I'd just totally forgotten about the saving them bit. My mistake I'm sorry. In my mind it was actually an "illegal" Tevez that saved them wasn't it, along with a "goal" disallowed at ewood. Anyways thanks for pointing out my glaring lack of knowledge. :blush:

How would people feel about Souey returning until the end of the season?

It would go one of two outcomes:

Outcome 1- Souey goes in and gives the players a kick up the backside. As a result he gets them organised and disciplined on the field with results picking up. Rovers survive.

Outcome 2- Souey goes in and gives the players a kick up the backside. The majority of the players fall out with Souey as they can't stand his abrasive and fiery personality. As a result the players refuse to put in the level of performance required to get us out of the ######. Rovers continue to plod along as is and get relegated.

Souey is like a mangaerial equivalent of marmite, you either hate him or you love him. He will always be a legend in my eyes but it would be a risky appointment.

Having said that Rovers are going down under Kean and I would absolutely take that risk if he was the only option.

i think hed be good to get in to give the players a kick up the ass and get back to basics tactically, i think he would be are best bet for keeping us in the prem, long term though not so sure. idealy id like a motivator like souness or keagan to come in untill the end of the season and then have olle solkjaer in the summer for the long term.

I can't imagine anyone even half decent wanting to be the Venky's and Anderson's new puppet. If Kean is somehow sacked, I'm guessing he'll be replaced with some "big name", but totally clueless foreign manager. In the ilk of Ruud Gullit and Lothar Matthaus. And we go down regardless.

Good call in our situation, would work well with Samba leading on the pitch

Just received a text saying Steve Bruce has been seen at Ewood.

Probably wants a few words with coco

"how the (Please don't use that word again) are you still in the job when you are the worst in history, insert Glasgow kiss, stitch that you cockney illegitimate"

Archived