BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Robbie Savage on MOTD2

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

Robbie and the other guys on MOTD2 gave the first common-sense account of what is actually going on at Rovers that I can remember from the televised media. No sympathy for Kean, no glossing over his shocking record, no mocking the protesters, no 'give him time' crap.... straight to the point, that the owners have treated the club and its fans like dirt, and that one win against a newly promoted team does not erase 12 months of shocking decisions and horrific customer service.

Good on Robbie for giving a real account of what's going on.

Colin Murray knows whats going on at Rovers, he explained it well what the mood is at Ewood. Those idiots Hansen and Lawrenson are just a couple of Liverpool cheerleaders and need replacing on MOTD.

Sav had the bottle to speak his mind and it was great that he highlighted how bad the running of the club is.

Dont think it will be on iplayer because of premier league rights etc, bbc can only show the higlights "live" and not make them available for download.

But all is not lost go to : matchofthedays.com

Just watched it now, robbie said it how it is, you could tell he wanted to say more but held back.

I don't think it was that encouraging a performance from Sav - I think he didn't actually mean to say "my club".

In my opinion he got his words muddled up as he speaks so quickly and passionately and accidentally came out with that i.e. I think he intended to say "...If it was my club...".

All he kept repeating towards the end was something along the lines of "I've no idea what's going on".

Dont think it will be on iplayer because of premier league rights etc, bbc can only show the higlights "live" and not make them available for download.

But all is not lost go to : matchofthedays.com

Just watched it now, robbie said it how it is, you could tell he wanted to say more but held back.

Having just read this thread I've checked to see if MOTD2 is on iPlayer, at the moment it says "coming soon" whereas MOTD (both Saturday and Sunday versions) say "not available."

I'm sure MOTD2 is available at some point on iPlayer but for some strange reason MOTD never is.

Having just read this thread I've checked to see if MOTD2 is on iPlayer, at the moment it says "coming soon" whereas MOTD (both Saturday and Sunday versions) say "not available."

I'm sure MOTD2 is available at some point on iPlayer but for some strange reason MOTD never is.

MOTD2 should be available for 5 days from Wednesday.

MOTD isn't available because the BBC don't have the requisite rights. The online / streaming rights to PL football are separated out into different bits. The Beeb did pretty well to have MOTD2 on the iPlayer in the end.

I don't think it was that encouraging a performance from Sav - I think he didn't actually mean to say "my club".

In my opinion he got his words muddled up as he speaks so quickly and passionately and accidentally came out with that i.e. I think he intended to say "...If it was my club...".

All he kept repeating towards the end was something along the lines of "I've no idea what's going on".

heard him earlier saying "As a Blackburn fan...." so I think he did mean it.

He's a top lad Robbie. He seemed to be pretty unpopular when he first came to Rovers, probably his antics at Birmingham, his girly hair and his melodramatics were exactly the wrong things to endear yourself to working class northerners. But then he showed qualities which Rovers fans have always appreciated, effort, grit and determination. And I'll never accept the argument some still peddle that he was a bad player. What I've heard described so many times as "running around like a headless chicken" was basically pressurising the opposition into giving up possession, if a box to box midfielder isn't doing that off the ball then he's not doing his job. He was also a pivotal figure the season we finished 6th under Hughes, played almost every game. Considering he played more games for every one of his other clubs, its great to hear the affection he has for Rovers.

He's a top lad Robbie. He seemed to be pretty unpopular when he first came to Rovers, probably his antics at Birmingham, his girly hair and his melodramatics were exactly the wrong things to endear yourself to working class northerners. But then he showed qualities which Rovers fans have always appreciated, effort, grit and determination. And I'll never accept the argument some still peddle that he was a bad player. What I've heard described so many times as "running around like a headless chicken" was basically pressurising the opposition into giving up possession, if a box to box midfielder isn't doing that off the ball then he's not doing his job. He was also a pivotal figure the season we finished 6th under Hughes, played almost every game. Considering he played more games for every one of his other clubs, its great to hear the affection he has for Rovers.

Couldn't agree more. Left a massive hole that subsequent managers couldn't replace, or couldn't see needed replacing - same with Tugay.

Archived