BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Robbie Savage on MOTD2

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The trouble with most people in the media is they don't really know anything about it - they have memories like goldfish for clubs outside the usual suspects. Kean gets in front of a camera and says things are on the up, they know we won this weekend so they take him at face value. It's a shame because up until this win we were starting to win the tabloids over to our cause, but now we're back to "what are they moaning for? They should be thankful they've got 11 players and haven't gone down yet"

The trouble with most people in the media is they don't really know anything about it - they have memories like goldfish for clubs outside the usual suspects. Kean gets in front of a camera and says things are on the up, they know we won this weekend so they take him at face value. It's a shame because up until this win we were starting to win the tabloids over to our cause, but now we're back to "what are they moaning for? They should be thankful they've got 11 players and haven't gone down yet"

This is very true - for any non Rovers fan, or pundit, who don't follow us/ Kean on a regular basis, you won't be aware of the whole story.

From how he got appointed in the first place to his results record along with the many lies. Even spoke to another Rovers fan last weekend, who has never heard of Jerome Anderson and overall thinks Kean has done a good job, crazy!!

If only some of our other ex-pros (I'm looking at you Gallacher, Wilcox, Flowers, Gayle...) cared as much.

You missed out Shearer. When did he last have a good word to say for Rovers? And in fact the same could be said for the vast majority of our title winning team who all were well rewarded at the time, but few of them stuck around for long afterwards.

You missed out Shearer. When did he last have a good word to say for Rovers? And in fact the same could be said for the vast majority of our title winning team who all were well rewarded at the time, but few of them stuck around for long afterwards.

What do you expect? One of our greatest ever players, instrumental in us winning the league, made us an absolute fortune, abused, ridiculed and cat-called for having the temerity to leave the Rovers for his boyhood club.

What comes around, goes around and many of our fans are childish and embarrassing when ex-players return to the club.

What comes around, goes around and many of our fans are childish and embarrassing when ex-players return to the club.

we are not the wrose all fans similar, I know if I had made it as a footballer I would have no loyalty to fans ever, every clubs fans are the same, we only have loyalty to good players or on form players.

I'd be a career player on a club player.

shearer going to Newcastle was a stupid move, he should have gone to one of the biggest clubs in the world.

That mug?? You could live for 100 years and never see a better Rovers player. That "mug" was an absolute genius, and we'd still be talking about how we once finished 3rd or 4th in the early 90s without him.

Who mentioned his football ability?

Who mentioned his football ability?

And that doesn't matter in your view of him does it not? Any Rovers fan who slags off Shearer is massively lacking in perspective.

Negatives:

Doesn't suck up to us in the media.

Said he wasn't leaving then did.

Positives:

Greatest ever Rovers player.

Most important player in the best achievement in any of our lives (unless you're 97 or older).

Made the club tens of millions.

Chose us over Man Utd.

Stayed for a season after the title despite our team then being way below his level.

100% committment, effort and bravery during his time at the club.

Who gives a flying **** if he thinks Kean should be given more time? Seriously? Criticism of Shearer from Rovers fans is so embarassing its untrue.

And that doesn't matter in your view of him does it not? Any Rovers fan who slags off Shearer is massively lacking in perspective.

Negatives:

Doesn't suck up to us in the media.

Said he wasn't leaving then did.

Positives:

Greatest ever Rovers player.

Most important player in the best achievement in any of our lives (unless you're 97 or older).

Made the club tens of millions.

Chose us over Man Utd.

Stayed for a season after the title despite our team then being way below his level.

100% committment, effort and bravery during his time at the club.

Who gives a flying **** if he thinks Kean should be given more time? Seriously? Criticism of Shearer from Rovers fans is so embarassing its untrue.

Shearer is the greatest Rovers player I have seen in my lifetime and one of the greatest strikers I have ever seen, but that doesn't mean he is above criticism. He's entitled to his views on Kean but in my opinion he's totally wrong.

Get over yourself, super-fan.

Shearer was a tremendous player for us back in the day, yes. That has no relevance to his ability as a pundit and the dribble he speaks on national television. Anyone who comes out with gems like "you don't become a bad manager overnight" about Steve Kean, deserves to be pilloried. The man has little concern or perspective on the state of Blackburn Rovers, just like some of the other 94/95 gang. It takes Robbie Savage to be the voice of reason.

• Backroom

Shearer was a genius on the pitch, but he is far from one off it. If people are slagging off the time when he was with us then fair enough, that's silly, but he regularly makes inane comments as a pundit and just because he was a great player for us doesn't mean people can't criticize him for that.

I couldnt care less if Shearer thinks Kean should stay on. Additionally, I dont simply criticise ex players simply because they have different opinions and I dont believe any of them dont care about the club. Whether they have informed opinions or not is a different matter but that's all it is, an opinion. Im not going to slag off Wilcox and Shearer simply because they like Kean more than I do. You accuse them of not 'caring' about the club and yet seem to forget that these players won us the league. Fickle.

I couldnt care less if Shearer thinks Kean should stay on. Additionally, I dont simply criticise ex players simply because they have different opinions and I dont believe any of them dont care about the club.

Yeah but then you're of the mindset that no one should take responsibility for their comments.

Whether they have informed opinions or not is a different matter but that's all it is, an opinion. Im not going to slag off Wilcox and Shearer simply because they like Kean more than I do.

It doesn't take a genius to see that Steve Kean has been a terrible manager for Rovers. Now compare Savage's sincere concern about "his club" with the likes of Shearer, Gallacher et al, who can only speak a bunch of clichés because they're so out of touch with the club... or the game itself.

You accuse them of not 'caring' about the club and yet seem to forget that these players won us the league. Fickle.

What does that have to do with anything? They didn't play for Rovers out of the goodness of their hearts.

It doesn't take a genius to see that Steve Kean has been a terrible manager for Rovers. Now compare Savage's sincere concern about "his club" with the likes of Shearer, Gallacher et al, who can only speak a bunch of clichés because they're so out of touch with the club... or the game itself.

Exaclty, the likes of Shearer etc give such generic comments without really knowing what is going on.

I couldnt care less if Shearer thinks Kean should stay on. Additionally, I dont simply criticise ex players simply because they have different opinions and I dont believe any of them dont care about the club. Whether they have informed opinions or not is a different matter but that's all it is, an opinion. Im not going to slag off Wilcox and Shearer simply because they like Kean more than I do. You accuse them of not 'caring' about the club and yet seem to forget that these players won us the league. Fickle.

honestly, I feel sorry for Topman having to defend himself against this rubbish.

honestly, I feel sorry for Topman having to defend himself against this rubbish.

Really? I can't see a single thing wrong with the post you quoted. Ex Rovers players giving their opinion on Kean has no effect on anything, least of all Venkys decisions. So I'm baffled as to why Rovers fans even care what they say, never mind be so willing to disregard all the loyalty and admiration these guys should have built up over the years to insult them over a few meaningless comments. Actions speak louder than words, and after all Shearer has done at the club to then be called a mug is just a joke in my opinion. Of course than must make me some kind of arrogant super-fan according to Topman, I assume the same applies to the 5 people who voted my post up but wisely can't be bothered to argue with him.

Really? I can't see a single thing wrong with the post you quoted. Ex Rovers players giving their opinion on Kean has no effect on anything, least of all Venkys decisions. So I'm baffled as to why Rovers fans even care what they say, never mind be so willing to disregard all the loyalty and admiration these guys should have built up over the years to insult them over a few meaningless comments. Actions speak louder than words, and after all Shearer has done at the club to then be called a mug is just a joke in my opinion. Of course than must make me some kind of arrogant super-fan according to Topman, I assume the same applies to the 5 people who voted my post up but wisely can't be bothered to argue with him.

Shearer really doesn't care about Blackburn as much as you think, he made some crazy snap comments no MOTD such as "Kean has not become a bad manager over night" (when has he been good) and "two weeks ago the fans wanted Kean as manager" (inaccurate).

Shearer is making comments without factual fountations, people can disagree with him without dis-respecting his career.

Just because he is a legend here, he wouldn't be saying these things if it was Newcastle suffering who he really follows.

You need to disconnect Shearer the player from Shearer the pundit.

Shearer really doesn't care about Blackburn as much as you think, he made some crazy snap comments no MOTD such as "Kean has not become a bad manager over night" (when has he been good) and "two weeks ago the fans wanted Kean as manager" (inaccurate).

While I think Shearer is a legend and he's provided me with some of the best times ever as a Rovers fan, those two comments did make my blood boil.

What do you expect? One of our greatest ever players, instrumental in us winning the league, made us an absolute fortune, abused, ridiculed and cat-called for having the temerity to leave the Rovers for his boyhood club.

Or in other words, similar to the reaction that Newcastle fans gave him when he came on as sub at St James Park in 93-94 when returning from a career threatening injury...

Or in other words, similar to the reaction that Newcastle fans gave him when he came on as sub at St James Park in 93-94 when returning from a career threatening injury...

my favourite Shearer moment that goal and watching him score infront of his home town, and loving scoring.

Shame he ever went to Newcastle. :closedeyes:

Archived