BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Ryan Nelsen

Noticed his expected return in January from injury.

I know his lack of pace was exposed in quite a few games over the last 2 seasons, however he is one of a few who really cares and will really be up for the fight in keeping us up.

The question is do you think he's going to be vital for our survival, will he even get a game?

I hope we can squeeze a great 5 months out of him. We need leadership from somewhere at the moment!

• Backroom

I fear Kean's nonsense tactics will eclipse any influence Nelsen may have.

The best thing Nelsen can do with his influence is round up a group of players, lead a delegation to Pune and demand the immediate sacking of Kean before he takes us down.

Chance of that happening? Slim to none. So no, as much as I wish it would, I don't think the Admiral's return will have much if any affect on our slump.

however he is one of a few who really cares and will really be up for the fight in keeping us up.

Our defenders don't lack fight and commitment, they just lack an organised midfield in front of them.

I don't think Nelsen would make any difference at all. Samba and Dann had great games on Sunday and we still lost.

I think a fully fit Nelsen would be great for us.

The best combination of central defenders we have is Samba/Givet; Samba/Nelsen or Nelsen/Givet.

From what I've seen so far I do NOT rate Dann; a bench man for me.

SK needs to get two good full backs, left and right to complement the above central pairings. This will allow Olsson and Lowe to play midfield; their best positions. (Salgado's legs have gone) { Don't ask me who stole them.}

i do have real faith Dann will come good, i have alot of birmingham family and friends who regard him highly. but at blues, the defense was very no-nonsense and mcleish got together an experienced organised midfield in front of them. we dont have the latter.

with Nelsen his hamstring injurys will always take years of a career and i fear we wont see him playing at this level as regually as he did ever again.

From what I've seen so far I do NOT rate Dann; a bench man for me.

No mate, he's quality and will be good for us in the end...hes new and in a shiit team with no cover in midfield...he was good against sunderland.

I can see a three at the back..samba dann nelsen....olsson on left a.n other on the right of five midfield with two up.

No mate, he's quality and will be good for us in the end...hes new and in a shiit team with no cover in midfield...he was good against sunderland.

I can see a three at the back..samba dann nelsen....olsson on left a.n other on the right of five midfield with two up.

That formation will never happen. Name a top flight team who lines up that way. There is a good reason that nobody does it.

Nelson will never play again for Rovers, mark my words, Finished. Amazing player for Rovers all the best for the future.

I fear you are right. It's unlikely he'll be back to full fitness for the majority of this season. At best he'll only be first or second reserve centre-half beyond that. Its a real shame for the guy, because he's a top professional.

Ha ha...we cant do much worse than we are now.

Whats the good reason mate?

You get hammered down the flanks and you end up very narrow in attack.

I think the formation was popular for a while as managers realised there was a need to have more than two bodies in central midfield so started to move away from the 4-4-2 system. However, the 4-5-1/4-3-3 system does that far more effectively (we really saw that take off as a favoured formation around the time Mourinho arrived in the PL). The main draw back with that is that there is room for only one out-and-out striker, but this is preferable to the drawbacks of 3-5-2.

I don't mind using 3-5-2, it isn't a bad option to switch to in a game if we're struggling, but it shouldn't be a formation we start with. If it was half decent as a Plan A at least one team in the league would use it.

Archived