BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] A question

MickyD

I'm a Bolton fan and, rather than coming on your board sounding off about who's crapper than who. And let's face it, with some better finishing by both teams, the score could have been very different for both teams.

I was wondering, on my way home from the game last night, whether your supporter's tactics of booing and jeering every move of Steve Kean.

At Bolton we recently suffered a management spell from Mr gary Megson. He was hated before he'd even arrived. Once results started drying up, he was subjected to the most venemous booing I'd heard (Until last night! :P )

Anyway, eventually, we, the supporters, hounded him out of the club. He eventually got a job at wednesday, where he's learned to be at peace with the supporters. He is, after all, a former Wednesday player.

Which links us to Owen Coyle. Arguably a worse Premier League record than Steve Kean before last night. But our supporters last night, from the off, chanted his name and really got behind the wanderers while you lot carried on with your hate and vitriol toward your manager and board. Owen, as an ex-Bolton player, gets a bit more faith from the fans in public than he really ought to. Oh, we have our own message boards where we all think he's above his comfort zone and leading us to a quick trip to the Championship but, the public face of it is nothing but support. This, as we saw last night, rubs off on the players.

Your surround sound from the other three sides of the ground, and I wished we'd have been as vocal earlier in Megson's charge, was great . . . for Bolton. Your players must wonder themselves who they're actually playing for. The supporters pay their wages and are therefore allowed to moan. That moaning creeps into their play by making them uncomfortable on the ball and scared shitless of making a mistake.

Why not try ignoring the management. Keep silent in your condemnation of your venky folk. Support YOUR TEAM, they might just start to play with a bit more self belief. (Except it's unfortunate that your next two games are probably already written off as lost causes!)

Try it.

I'm a Bolton fan and, rather than coming on your board sounding off about who's crapper than who. And let's face it, with some better finishing by both teams, the score could have been very different for both teams.

I was wondering, on my way home from the game last night, whether your supporter's tactics of booing and jeering every move of Steve Kean.

At Bolton we recently suffered a management spell from Mr gary Megson. He was hated before he'd even arrived. Once results started drying up, he was subjected to the most venemous booing I'd heard (Until last night! :P )

Anyway, eventually, we, the supporters, hounded him out of the club. He eventually got a job at wednesday, where he's learned to be at peace with the supporters. He is, after all, a former Wednesday player.

Which links us to Owen Coyle. Arguably a worse Premier League record than Steve Kean before last night. But our supporters last night, from the off, chanted his name and really got behind the wanderers while you lot carried on with your hate and vitriol toward your manager and board. Owen, as an ex-Bolton player, gets a bit more faith from the fans in public than he really ought to. Oh, we have our own message boards where we all think he's above his comfort zone and leading us to a quick trip to the Championship but, the public face of it is nothing but support. This, as we saw last night, rubs off on the players.

Your surround sound from the other three sides of the ground, and I wished we'd have been as vocal earlier in Megson's charge, was great . . . for Bolton. Your players must wonder themselves who they're actually playing for. The supporters pay their wages and are therefore allowed to moan. That moaning creeps into their play by making them uncomfortable on the ball and scared shitless of making a mistake.

Why not try ignoring the management. Keep silent in your condemnation of your venky folk. Support YOUR TEAM, they might just start to play with a bit more self belief. (Except it's unfortunate that your next two games are probably already written off as lost causes!)

Try it.

Don't worry, I don't boo my team and I don't hate Steve Kean.

I personally think he's a nice guy. But he's evidently out of his depth and I wouldn't hesitate to replace him with Mark Hughes. Unfortunately, I don't think other people see it that way. They think Kean is destroying the club. After 2 wins from 17 games, who can blame them?

But I agree with you. It's best to support the team than to subject the manager to countless boos and insults, which ends up affecting the team's performance anyway.

Fair point, but even if you lot sticking together led to you getting 3 points yesterday, you're still on a dreadful run. Similarly, if we stuck behind Kean in spite of his record, we may have won yesterday, it doesn't change that we have grossly underperformed for the majority of the other games that he has been in charge for, and it doesn't offer much optimism for playing better going forward.

We did try it and for the majority of last season and this he has'nt had any hecklers, the booing has only really started in entirity over the last 2 games, the protests that happened before were organised and no-one heckled the manager at all until after the game.

We have had a year of this clown in charge you have only seen one game and judge things by that, you said it yourself you like Coyle in charge and are willing to stand by him we did'nt want Kean, have never wanted Kean and wont be happy until he is gone (just like you were with Megson).

I'm sure it's great advice and we will use it to great effect when Kean has gone and a proper manager is appointed and we are soaring above your heads and dropping you in the mire, and when that day comes i'll be sure to drop onto your forums and tell you how to support Coyle. :P

I personally think he's a nice guy. But he's evidently out of his depth and I wouldn't hesitate to replace him with Mark Hughes. Unfortunately, I don't think other people see it that way. They think Kean is destroying the club. After 2 wins from 17 games, who can blame them?

But I agree with you. It's best to support the team than to subject the manager to countless boos and insults, which ends up affecting the team's performance anyway.

You are feckin nuts

It hasn't been like that all the time, that last night has been coming for 12 mnths and people have had enough. The guy has done nothing but wind fans up with the constant rubbish that comes out of his mouth. Granted he isnt responsible for all the nonsense at all but he has failed to take one share of it in 12 months of poor results. You are a bit of a hypocrite coming on here trying to tell us how to act with our team, i remember the treatment you lot gave Megson and Lee before him.

You are feckin nuts

Why? Just because I don't boo my team and the incompetent manager?

I'm not even supporting him, I want him out as much as you do, but why should I hate him? I watch football games to cheer my team on no matter how badly they're playing, not to boo them just because we conceded a goal or because the manager is tactically inept.

Or are you referring to my statement where I said I want Hughes in?

Why? Just because I don't boo my team and the incompetent manager?

I'm not even supporting him, I want him out as much as you do, but why should I hate him? I watch football games to cheer my team on no matter how badly they're playing, not to boo them just because we conceded a goal or because the manager is tactically inept.

Or are you referring to my statement where I said I want Hughes in?

It hasn't been like that all the time, that last night has been coming for 12 mnths and people have had enough. The guy has done nothing but wind fans up with the constant rubbish that comes out of his mouth. Granted he isnt responsible for all the nonsense at all but he has failed to take one share of it in 12 months of poor results. You are a bit of a hypocrite coming on here trying to tell us how to act with our team, i remember the treatment you lot gave Megson and Lee before him.

How am I being a hypocrite? I said in my post that we'd been through all of the same with Megson. (I'd actually forgotten all about Sammy Lee, yes, he didn''t deliver either.)

Anyway, I see your fellow fans can actually read and you obviously can't because far from criticising you, I was asking if there's maybe a better way. Hell, if I didn't really give a ######, I'd have you booing for the rest of the season and thus taking up one of the three relegation spots. wigan can have the other and then Bolton need to just avoid the third.

The hatred for Kean goes much further than football issues. I believe the dislike of Megson was based on football style and results. Financial and other issues at the club were addressed to the MD/Chief exec, something we no longer have at Ewood.

However with Kean it started with his devious part in the Sam sacking and his appointment and continued with his relationship with Jerome Anderson and the many dodgy transfers that followed.

Then there is his attitude to fans (before the demos started), his manipulation of the Venkys, gold smuggling episodes, constant lying both to the courts and the fans and the ridiculous statrements made in press conferences aimed at the gullable Mrs Desai.

Then the treatment of certain senior players and the dreadful fottball style and results.

The fight for Rovers fans is not just to remove the manager as this will not resolve all the issues, the struggle is to save the club for our children and grandchildren as with Venkys in charge there is a real possibility of it not being here in 2 or 3 years.

I think the worse thing we could do is keep shtum and cheer the team (who have not been the target of any abuse, Venky apologist Roberts aside) and make it appear all is happy at Ewood.

To be fair I'd have to say my anger towards Kean stems more from the mortal fear I have of Blackburn Rovers ceasing to exist. It would be very clear to me that Venkys don't want/have funds needed to support a Premiership outfit, our borrowing is based on FUTURE premiership earnings. We need to be a premiership outfit because of the owners gamble, we clearly are being led by somebody who is not qualified or experienced enough to do keep us in the money making factory of the premiership so indirectly I see him as a major part of our demise. Up to the West Brom game we kinda still had a chance of staying up if he did the good thing for everybody and let somebody suitable take over, but he didn't he continues to steer the sinking ship and has the audacity to say things are fine and we will stay up for sure!

Steve Kean may be the nicest bloke in the World, jeeez I'd hate the Pope at the moment if he was our leader and the performances and results were going this way. Due to my fear of the cash drying up after our relegation this all means nothing as his record is purely shambolic and his poor display could end us!

I think the worse thing we could do is keep shtum and cheer the team (who have not been the target of any abuse, Venky apologist Roberts aside) and make it appear all is happy at Ewood.

Don't forget Keith Andrews before we loaned him to Ipswich.

I'm not saying we shouldn't boo (though I personally will not) or protest, but wouldn't it be better to boo after we lost the game rather than begin booing the moment the opponent scores?

Not to mention the debacle involving Yakubu high-fiving Kean...sure, the boos were supposed to be aimed at Kean, but I'm not sure if the players wouldn't be affected by that.

I personally think he's a nice guy.

Another myth.

What about Steve Kean makes you think he's a "nice guy"?

* Tried to instigate his own fans in a drink-driving charge.

* Conspired with Jerome Anderson to oust Allardyce and take the job.

* Continues to insult the fans with comments aimed solely for the owner's benefit.

* Uses his own family to grab the sympathy vote.

* Hasn't the dignity to walk away when he's "out of his depth".

* Happy to get us relegated so long as he's still in a job.

Yup, he's a real darling.

As with Owen Coyle, who is ever going to walk away from a job that pays one and a half million pounds a year?

I believe the Venky folk didn't even know relegation was an option for the lower placed teams. Now they know it is a distinct possibility, even they, with their limited knowledge of football but brilliant knowledge of money-making, will see that if they stick with Kean then their investment is somewhat flawed.

I got a call first thing this morning from a good friend (wanderers fan), after the usual ######, he explained that he was genuinely shocked at the flack, he said that the players were obviously affected by it and he felt sorry for Kean!

It really concerns me that almost everybody outside Blackburn thinks the fans who protest are out of order or over reacting. How on earth can the fans concerns be shared with the greater masses?

Any premier league fans aren't in a position to comment on this. They have a vested interest in things staying as they are. That way they are only worrying about being 18th or 19th as 20th position is guaranteed for us if things stay as they are

I got a call first thing this morning from a good friend (wanderers fan), after the usual ######, he explained that he was genuinely shocked at the flack, he said that the players were obviously affected by it and he felt sorry for Kean!

It really concerns me that almost everybody outside Blackburn thinks the fans who protest are out of order or over reacting. How on earth can the fans concerns be shared with the greater masses?

They need to ask themselves a few questions.

BRFC has a long proud history, founder members and winners of both the Football League and the Premier League. Supporters are largely from Blackburn and the surrounding area. There has never been a situation in all those 130 odd years where the supporters have protested in this manner. So what is the difference this time and why rush to condemn 20000 people for the sake of one? The sheer weight of protest must suggest to even the thickest media man that there must be more to it than what they are seeing and taking at face face value. Once they grasp that then they may also grasp the amount of lying, backstabbing and humiliation that the fans have been subjected to since the new owners turned up.

Remember most of those stupid media gits condemned us as racists for firing the first British Black manager despite the fact that we hired the pillock in the first place! We were right then and we are right now. My only gripe is why it takes the BRFC faithful so long to suss such obvious duds out for what they are.

BRFC has a long proud history, founder members and winners of both the Football League and the Premier League. Supporters are largely from Blackburn and the surrounding area. There has never been a situation in all those 130 odd years where the supporters have protested in this manner. So what is the difference this time and why rush to condemn 20000 people for the sake of one? The sheer weight of protest must suggest to even the thickest media man that there must be more to it than what they are seeing and taking at face face value. Once they grasp that then they may also grasp the amount of lying, backstabbing and humiliation that the fans have been subjected to since the new owners turned up.

Remember most of those stupid media gits condemned us as racists for firing the first British Black manager despite the fact that we hired the pillock in the first place! We were right then and we are right now. My only gripe is why it takes the BRFC faithful so long to suss such obvious duds out for what they are.

Well said theno!

As with Owen Coyle, who is ever going to walk away from a job that pays one and a half million pounds a year?

I believe the Venky folk didn't even know relegation was an option for the lower placed teams. Now they know it is a distinct possibility, even they, with their limited knowledge of football but brilliant knowledge of money-making, will see that if they stick with Kean then their investment is somewhat flawed.

Re Venkys investment - The Rovers finances aren't clear. There are strong suspicions that Venkys might not have invested a dime in the club, merely stacked up debt against the club.

As for their money making, who is to say that driving the club to oblivion isn't exactly that?

The Rovers fans have been very patient with the owners and manager. We are not the types to vent out spleen as you witnessed last night. The club is in big trouble and that trouble runs very deep. To steal a phrase from a post a few months ago, we can't afford to 'happy clap' our way to relegation (and beyond).

Well it has been a bit of an eye opener recently. Kelbo's theory that everyone in football knows that Kean is a snake in the grass seems somewhat flawed given the number of wonderful "football folk" coming out in his support. Or maybe football is just a closed shop full of liars and sneaks who despite what they think will close ranks around "one of their own"?

The one thing that occasional Ewood visitors don't get (like the OP) is that we have put up with this for a year. We have been told that things will improve after a January 2011 window, after a full summer window and close season and after the last 6 games. None of these things have been true. I don't agree with any personal attacks on the manager but the guy is employed solely to get results. He doesn't and the fans have a right to show their feelings.

We have had 7 wins in 38 games, a win ratio of 18.42% and an average points per game of 0.84. Over a season we can expect to get 32 points and relegated. Against a good team last night we'd have been 4 or 5 down at half time. The team were disorganised, disinterested and the manager was little more than a bystander.

What's surprising is that you are surprised we were angry.

Topman has summed up my views perfectly a few posts above, but il ask the same question.

what makes you think he is a nice guy?

He just comes across as an arrogant bullsh1tter. I find his interviews patronising to the Rovers fans. He must think that all Rovers fans have never watched or played football at all and that we are stupid and don't understand the game; we get beaten by the then bottom of the league team and he tells us that we had "12 attempts on goal in the 2nd half" and "wave after wave of attack"!!

Kean wouldn't get the stick he does if he was honest and showed more humility. That is why I can't take to him.

(Please don't use that word again) off to your own boards and let us worry about our club.

slightly harsh. He hasn't struck me as a bolton fan on the wind up. And maybe after reading a few of the comments as to why we do not like Steve Kean, he may well understand our feelings

(Please don't use that word again) off to your own boards and let us worry about our club.

And here's me thinking that we were having a nice grown up discussion about the problems at Rovers. Then along comes Mr Amoeba.

Our two clubs are currently running in a similar fashion. The difference being that our saviour, Eddie Davies; millionaire businessman, is happy financing his favourite team. Yours, on the other hand, it seems, are far from saviours of any kind. In fact something really does whiff a little bit of, "Oh ######, how did we find ourselves up to our necks in this mess?"

We carry on supporting our fairly inept manager during the game, you boo the first sight of him and don't stop until he's gone home.

You're welcome to come along to the board I frequent to have an adult discussion. Everything from how we should have beaten your team by about 4 or 5 goals to Your favourite way to kill an elephant.

My favourite way up to now is to dress it in burnley colours and let it die of embarassment.

113200551030-pic1.jpg

Anyhow OhmiBRFC, crawl back under your stone.

opps, edit = Forgot to add URL for the board I use. www.wanderersways.com

You are preaching to the converted, it's the masses beyond Blackburn who need to know what the situation is, in fact, we could also do with knowing exactly what the situation is!

Archived