BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn Youth

Stuart

Lol gumboots, but I meant the ones who aren't regulars or semi-regulars, of course. And always with recall options.

As for tonight's game, didn't see it, but I'm aware that it was against Stoke, who had a man sent off after 5 mins, and that Hernandez scored two.

Looking at the squad if we go down Olsson, Nzonzi and Hoilett (well he will go anyway) are off for sure. Can't see how we would be able to keep them.

Of the older players Samba, Formica, Yakubu, Robinson, Pedersen will all be off (pretty pay day out of that lot for Venkys - even at 6m for Samba and 3m a piece for the others it adds up 18m quid...). Might be able to keep Vukcevic as whose going to buy him when he can't even get in our team?

We should be able to hold onto Bunn, Morris, Hanley, Henley, Lowe. Which is not bad really for youth products (well Bunn was bought, but you know what I mean). Plus Petrovic - who looks like he could become a decent player - should stick around. We might be able to keep Rochina because he looks so rough round the edges that I'm not sure anyone will have a punt on him.

Just because i'm incredibly sad I decided to put a team together

---------------------Bunn

Henley----Hanley---Dann----Morris

---------------Lowe---Petrovic

-----Vukcevic---Dunn----Rochina

--------------------Slew

Striker aside it would be a better team than most in the division in terms of talent. Issue would be would it have the organisation, experience and guts?

4-0 win tonight for the Youth team!

Anybody go? Details?

An impressive performance albeit against a Stoke side reduced to 10 men after 5 minutes. There are some players of real promise including the pacy and direct wide left player called Osawe who looked to me as if he could be a useful addition to our squad now. Defensively we looked well organised and played a 4-5-1 and our goal-keeper didn't take any free-kicks from the half-way line and there wasn't one long throw. Players who caught my eye were O'Sullivan, Fernanadez, Haley and the already mentioned Osawe.

The Imposter was there with some of his cronies in the box directly above the technical area.

Looking at the squad if we go down Olsson, Nzonzi and Hoilett (well he will go anyway) are off for sure. Can't see how we would be able to keep them.

Of the older players Samba, Formica, Yakubu, Robinson, Pedersen will all be off (pretty pay day out of that lot for Venkys - even at 6m for Samba and 3m a piece for the others it adds up 18m quid...). Might be able to keep Vukcevic as whose going to buy him when he can't even get in our team?

We should be able to hold onto Bunn, Morris, Hanley, Henley, Lowe. Which is not bad really for youth products (well Bunn was bought, but you know what I mean). Plus Petrovic - who looks like he could become a decent player - should stick around. We might be able to keep Rochina because he looks so rough round the edges that I'm not sure anyone will have a punt on him.

Just because i'm incredibly sad I decided to put a team together

--------------------Slew

Striker aside it would be a better team than most in the division in terms of talent. Issue would be would it have the organisation, experience and guts?

Goodwillie, Orr and Marcus Olsson would probably stay too.

annoyed i missed this one - always try to get to Youth cup games at Ewood but am stuck at home with a bout of bronchitis, hence why I'm on here in the hours of daylight. The way the team play together reminds you that there is decent football around and kids who care. It's just that the poison at the top has stifled everything that was ever good about our first team.

--------------------Slew

We'd probably finish in the lower half with that team. Individually (with the exception of Slew), every single one would probably get in the teams near the top of the table...but Championship teams are usually pretty well organised and have been together as a group for a while, and have players who know the division inside out.

When Portsmouth/Middlesbrough etc went down, man-for-man they looked a match for anyone in the division, but the relegated clubs go through so much change that they can't find consistency. Newcastle had the finances to hold their team together, much like West Ham this year. We'd go through major upheaval.

Anyone looking at the likes of Norwich and Swansea last season wouldn't have said that they would match up to the relegated PL teams on a man-for-man basis. As a team unit though, they were miles ahead, so I'm not sure it's even worth debating the comparative strength of possible remaining players against current Championship squads.

Our prospects would be incredibly dim if we went down. In all honesty, I would accept 2 or 3 years of consolidation in that division to become a stable club. I think we'd be more likely to drop down into League One than we would be to come back up, much like Leeds when they had to shed most of their first team after relegation.

An impressive performance albeit against a Stoke side reduced to 10 men after 5 minutes. There are some players of real promise including the pacy and direct wide left player called Osawe who looked to me as if he could be a useful addition to our squad now. Defensively we looked well organised and played a 4-5-1 and our goal-keeper didn't take any free-kicks from the half-way line and there wasn't one long throw. Players who caught my eye were O'Sullivan, Fernanadez, Haley and the already mentioned Osawe.

The Imposter was there with some of his cronies in the box directly above the technical area.

Nice to hear some good news for a change, and hope for the future.

thanks arbitro !

:D

Rovers Youth team will be away to Newcastle in the Sixth Round of the FA Youth Cup. The young Barcodes beat QPR 2-1 after extra-time tonight.

Still a chance we could be playing Burnley in the Semis or the Final! That could be interesting....

Archived