BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January Transfer Window - Part One

BRFCS Content

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Get over it, if we actually moved for players they would sign for us, we aren't not signing players because potential targets are unwilling to sign. We don't have much money, there is a chance that this will allow us to bring someone in. Even if it doesn't we also have to face the reality that the club loses money and that this is a smart move.

Why the hell would Spurs let Bassong leave and then sign someone who hasn't played for over 6 months. Seems a gamble to me unless, as we suspect, Nelsen hasn't been injured!

Not into conspiracy theories, especially one which basically calls Nelsen a liar.

If he can pass a medical then Spurs will be content. Remember he'll only be backup at Spurs

This is obviously a last minute deal, not one that has been planned since last year (which would have to be the case if the injury was faked).

If they don't get Nelsen then they'll get someone else. They clearly are looking to replace him with a back-up, so that won't be that hard to find, even at this late hour. I'd much rather that we save a big on wages and, fingers crossed (however unlikely it may be), use that extra money to bring in a player. .

You're in denial Eddie. Let go.

Nelsen hasn't been much good for a while and there's a good chance that he would never play for us again even if he stayed here, so it's a good way to move him out and free up space.

We have plenty of space. What we need is that space that we used to call our midfield filling.

I'm half hoping Arry is bringing Nelsen is so that he can spill the beans and take some pressure/spotlight off himself!

Don't understand how we didn't sign any freebies or loans with Andrews, Nelson and Roberts off the wage books. Bet they were all on a good wack?!! Sure you can name Olsson and the French lad but they aren't going to be on the same wages or even replacements.

Overall dissappointed but what I expect now. Although pleased to see we have kept the prized assists for one more transfer window.

@CryerRovers Andrew Cryer

No players coming in. Looks like Spurs will pick him as a free agent after a release from Rovers. Don't forget Nelsen is far from fit

So not really a transfer then, rather Spurs picking up one of our cast offs?

You have to love Spurs on deadline day...

Edit: Actually didn't think of the implications there...if he has been released from Rovers, I assume we have had to pay him compensation?

Nelsen is an absolute legend and it saddens me if he is set to leave for spurs because it shows he obviously isn't as injured as it has been made out :angry2:

What he said.

I'd be very sad if he's going. Especially because it probably doesn't give us the opportunity to bid him farewell and thank him for all that he's done for us over the seasons. He's been immense for us and I'm sure he'll go on to make a really good reputation in the world game for the next 25 -30 years.

If Nelsen goes that"s 3 in and 3 out isn't it. None of the players who have left were playing and probably the ones coming in will be back up so the only difference is that we will be saving some money on wages. This speaks volumes for the direction the club is headed and our ambition but In the mess we"re in it probably hasn"t been as bad as expected but not sure what our rivals have done so not sure where that leaves us really. So much for doing our business early though eh. Still 5 minutes to go though.

Bemused by Nelsen to Spurs, he is an absolute legend but for the life of me I can't work out why Spurs want him, he hasn't played for 6 months and will take time to get match fit. I am more concerned that Nelsen leaving has allowed one of our relegation rivals (Wolves) to strengthen by signing Bassoung (sp).

What he said.

I'd be very sad if he's going. Especially because it probably doesn't give us the opportunity to bid him farewell and thank him for all that he's done for us over the seasons. He's been immense for us and I'm sure he'll go on to make a really good reputation in the world game for the next 25 -30 years.

I concur m1st. These transfer windows seem to mean less and less chance to honour our talismanic players. Kean would probably have shipped Tugay out under similar circumstances.

Too often now we have to recognise players when they return to Ewood in away colours. We probably won't even get that chance with Ryan.

So long "Captain Marvel" and thanks.

Bemused by Nelsen to Spurs, he is an absolute legend but for the life of me I can't work out why Spurs want him, he hasn't played for 6 months and will take time to get match fit. I am more concerned that Nelsen leaving has allowed one of our relegation rivals (Wolves) to strengthen by signing Bassoung (sp).

see my recent posts in the nelsen thread. kean has wanted rid of him for months.

i 1st posted this around xmas time.

lack of activity and money shows venkys have no interest anymore and will no longer put up any money. look how much maynard has gone to west ham for. a player kean has courted for months!

says it all. :angry:

It is a strange one - but good luck to Nelsen. From Rovers perspective - if he has just been released rather than paid off - it will make the wage bill look a lot better.

see my recent posts in the nelsen thread. kean has wanted rid of him for months.

i 1st posted this around xmas time.

lack of activity and money shows venkys have no interest anymore and will no longer put up any money. look how much maynard has gone to west ham for. a player kean has courted for months!

says it all. :angry:

Zacc, why has Kean wanted rid of Nelsen?

I think Venkys' lack of interest has been clear for a while now and was never going to change today.

Maynard- I'm really not upset about him going elsewhere. Good player at Championship level and seems to have a bit of an attitude problem. Don't think we have missed out. If Kean has wanted him for months then that just reflects on Kean.

Archived