BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January Transfer Window - Part One

BRFCS Content

Well the transfer window has closed and unless we are going to dip into the free agent market then all we have really achieved is reducing the wage bill. No real quality has been added to the squad especially in central midfield, Rovers still have only one proven Central midfielder in N'zonzi. I guess we have to hope that Lowe might be given a shot there and that he plays well, otherwise our defensive frailties will likely continue for the rest of the season.

We have kept Samba but is his heart in it? Same can be said for Hoilett who will be free to pick any side he wants in the summer.

Venky's have shown their true colours, second season in a row that we are in a relegation battle and still no real investment. Kean once again caught out lying about Rovers transfer activity.

Overall a pretty disastrous window as it currently stands for Rovers, especially when you consider the likes of Bolton, Wolves, QPR and Fulham have all used the transfer window to bring new players in.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So there you have it transfer window is closed.

It has been the most uninspiring window of all time I would say.

As far as Rovers are concerned, I expected Junior and Samba to leave and it is a bonus that they are still here. Of course the issue remains about Samba and his commitment, but I am sure that if in the team Samba will give his all. Junior has shown good form over the last couple of games so delighted that he has stayed. The wage budget has been reduced significantly, that will help club reduce it's debt level and I assume will please the bank that the owners are at least taking action to deal with the finance issues by reducing wage budget.

The incomings what can I say? Not very exciting, Modeste hopefully can make some sort of impact. Orr seems to have mixed reports but I guess he is back up to Lowe and Marcus Ollson will need time to adjust.

Our relegation rivals (Wigan, Wolves, Bolton and WBA) haven't really strengthen (other than QPR who I expect to get well clear of trouble). Although could've done Bassoung not going to Wolves.

All in all this window shows that clubs are being very very cautious with their money, not just in UK but also around Europe, the world economic situation is finally hitting football.

Venky's have shown their true colours, second season in a row that we are in a relegation battle and still no real investment. Kean once again caught out lying about Rovers transfer activity.

Overall a pretty disastrous window as it currently stands for Rovers, especially when you consider the likes of Bolton, Wolves, QPR and Fulham have all used the transfer window to bring new players in.

Not certain it has been disastrous - but it could have been so much better. I had hoped they would spend some cash on some decent loan players - given our current position it would be daft to invest too much in purchasing players - but the right quality of loan player (as shown by JJ last season) could have made an unlikely escape act more likely. They have put their whole investment at risk - strange - but par for the course.

As far as Rovers are concerned, I expected Junior and Samba to leave and it is a bonus that they are still here. Of course the issue remains about Samba and his commitment, but I am sure that if in the team Samba will give his all. Junior has shown good form over the last couple of games so delighted that he has stayed. The wage budget has been reduced significantly, that will help club reduce it's debt level and I assume will please the bank that the owners are at least taking action to deal with the finance issues by reducing wage budget.

The incomings what can I say? Not very exciting, Modeste hopefully can make some sort of impact. Orr seems to have mixed reports but I guess he is back up to Lowe and Marcus Ollson will need time to adjust.

Our relegation rivals (Wigan, Wolves, Bolton and WBA) haven't really strengthen (other than QPR who I expect to get well clear of trouble). Although could've done Bassoung not going to Wolves.

All in all this window shows that clubs are being very very cautious with their money, not just in UK but also around Europe, the world economic situation is finally hitting football.

Maybe; but I could have done without Nelsen going to Spurs without being properly replaced.

fair summary. have to agree though we desperatly needed a cm who wants the ball

Bolton, Wolves and QPR all significantly stronger in this window while Venky's keep their hands in their pockets. This was always likely to happen so why did Kean promise early and significant signings a few weeks ago - was he told to mislead supporters by the owners or was he misled by the owners into believing money was available ? Either way, it's another shambles and makes the difficult task of survival that much harder.

The panic is hilarious. Chill people.

Get ready to be annoyed at this since there is no more info I can give but from what I have been lead to believe we have nothing to worry about. No superstars in but then nobody was expecting any. NO major sales and incoming transfers not completed. Expect a late squeeze. My information leaves me relaxed but aware there is still a battle ahead.

All will be revealed by tomorrow.

Care to spill the beans now? What happened to the other incoming transfers?

Zacc, why has Kean wanted rid of Nelsen?

I think Venkys' lack of interest has been clear for a while now and was never going to change today.

Maynard- I'm really not upset about him going elsewhere. Good player at Championship level and seems to have a bit of an attitude problem. Don't think we have missed out. If Kean has wanted him for months then that just reflects on Kean.

the maynard deal confirms the lack of interest. not fortunes..1.6m worth a gamble!

nelsen snubbed - posted in nelsen thread.

What next? Arsene Wenger makes a late move to secure Vince Grella.

Looks like we have tried to reduce of wage bill this transfer window and not realy improved our squad much, if one was being cynical you could consider that to be a sign that Venky's can't even foot that wage bill.

Miyachi will add some flair from them and provide service for Davies so he can start scoring again. It will be a close race between the current bottom four is my prediction - hopefully we can get three vital points tomorrow to continue our run of reasonably good form.

the maynard deal confirms the lack of interest. not fortunes..1.6m worth a gamble!

nelsen snubbed - posted in nelsen thread.

I don't think he is worth a gamble. Goodwillie was a gamble at a similar price lets at least see out one gamble at a time.

Bolton, Wolves and QPR all significantly stronger in this window while Venky's keep their hands in their pockets. This was always likely to happen so why did Kean promise early and significant signings a few weeks ago - was he told to mislead supporters by the owners or was he misled by the owners into believing money was available ? Either way, it's another shambles and makes the difficult task of survival that much harder.

Why do you think that Jim? Particularly in Bolton's case I think they are weaker.

• Backroom

Can't agree about Bolton if we sold samba and replaced him with a player who is meant to be pretty awful we would be livid.

I would have loves Frimpong though so wolves did ok

Zacc, why has Kean wanted rid of Nelsen?

cause he's a threat to him.

Dreadful news that Kean has got rid of our Captain, a decent man, a true leader with loads of experience. I'd have had him as manager before Kean months ago.

Still the wage bill has gone down. Smashing.

Roberts, Nelsen, Andrews, Salgado? Out of interest, who signed improved contracts last year and who is still at the club?

Incoming... French reserve on loan, Martins brother and a fella more suited to the Championship by all accounts.

Still we've got to pay for Myles and Bruno somehow. That's the important thing. Oh and well done to the Brazilian chicken farmer 'fixer' - a fantastic effort, well worth the air fare.

• Backroom

Today does show that all rumours shouldn't be believed.

Whilst a poor window in terms of incomings some people were saying we would lose samba / hoilett / Formica in reality we haven't lost anyone who has had a postive impact for a good while.

Archived