BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January Transfer Window - Part One

BRFCS Content

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hoping that yesterdays win has inspired the Rao's to pump some money in.

if we spend about 10 million pounds or so, we would most likely stay up!!!

Mrs D has to give Kean money to spend without selling best players but I would imagine Hoilett will go this transfer window. You can tell He wants out!!! Not playing the same as he did last season for sure!!

I can see Junior, Salgado, Roberts and Andrews all going this window. It would be suicide to sell Samba.

The big question is what happens to the money, if it is reinvested then we may have a chance of staying up (Steve Kean permitting) if money is used to balance the books then we are doomed.

I can't stress enough how important honour is to Asian people, yesterday Rovers gave them bucket loads of that as they had very influential people/friends from their social circle over to watch the game and for a new year's eve party, after the game they will have loved them all saying good things to them. Hopefully that inspires Mrs D in particular to gives this a shot.

They will not put money without players leaving. This is a fact that a number of people have confirmed.

Junior is most rational sale. Can we get 8-10m for him though? Im not too sure. Salgado/Roberts/Andrews can all leave too, but who wants their wages?

No one else should be sold let alone key players like Givet, Formica, Nzonzi but no way in hell should Samba be sold at this point! NO WAY. Suicidal.

Samba will only leave in summer, not in this window for sure...

I won't write here much because its no idea. I will just wait on official confirmations and I respect it will be closes negotiations and announcements will come when ready. Better that way.

Granero is a superb player,if you pulled that off it would be some signing.

With your owners being worth £900 million,why do you have to sell to buy? Why don't they just pay the bank with their own money,or is that too simple?

Luca Toni is officially on the market by the way. :lol:

Reckon 90% chance he leaves the filth in January.

Granero is a superb player,if you pulled that off it would be some signing.

With your owners being worth £900 million,why do you have to sell to buy? Why don't they just pay the bank with their own money,or is that too simple?

Luca Toni is officially on the market by the way. :lol:

Reckon 90% chance he leaves the filth in January.

Great.... first mention of Luca Toni in this window. What will the final number be?

Reading through the papers it seems no one seems to have any money to spend this window. Villa have to sell before they can buy and they have randy , a billionaire. Wigan, Bolton , Swansea, everton, Norwich are in the same boat. only qpr, Chelsea, city and Newcastle have funds to spend. Selling older players (Roberts, Salgado) makes perfect sense.

Reading through the papers it seems no one seems to have any money to spend this window. Villa have to sell before they can buy and they have randy , a billionaire. Wigan, Bolton , Swansea, everton, Norwich are in the same boat. only qpr, Chelsea, city and Newcastle have funds to spend. Selling older players (Roberts, Salgado) makes perfect sense.

While the Roberts and Salgado situations have been handled badbly by Rovers, have no problems with selling them both. Same goes for Junior, while he is a very good player, for me he is playing like a player who wants to get away. However it would be complete and utter suicide to sell the any of Samba, N'Zonzi, Robinson and Ollson.

BBC gossip column makes for some grim reading. Links Samba to Spurs, Nzonzi to Chelsea (really?) and Junior to Stoke.

All the papers say we have to sell before we can buy. Selling all 3 of those players would be madness in a relegation fight.

Question is, can we hold onto them?

Kamy, can you explain what you mean by saying the roberts situation has been handled badly?

Kean said that he and Salgado were injured and thus unavailable for selection. Both players have come out and said that they are not injured and are available for selection but are not being included in squads due to their contract situations.

Kean said that he and Salgado were injured and thus unavailable for selection. Both players have come out and said that they are not injured and are available for selection but are not being included in squads due to their contract situations.

What? Steve Kean lying?

Never.

I was a huge fan of Hoilett and was very pleased to see him perform so well last season, however this season he has only really played well in a couple of games and it would appear he wants out. I would not be too bothered about him moving on.

Rovers really need to get a couple of midfielders in. We need a couple of workhorses as we have not replaced Jermaine Jones or Emerton. Emerton had his critics but he definately worked hard.

Perhaps the signing of a new right back would allow Jason Lowe to finally move into his proper position.

Its going to be a messy window!

Why didn't we sign Macheda on loan or even Frimpong?

Got a few mates who are man united fans and they all agree that Macheda is useless. He was on loan at Sampdoria last seaosn and didn't score a single goal I don't think, and they got relegated from Serie A. He is simple living off the memory of scoring that goal in the last minute a couple of years ago now.

Personally I would take a punt on Billy Sharp from Doncaster. I would prefer him to Andy Johnson.

I was a huge fan of Hoilett and was very pleased to see him perform so well last season, however this season he has only really played well in a couple of games and it would appear he wants out. I would not be too bothered about him moving on.

Rovers really need to get a couple of midfielders in. We need a couple of workhorses as we have not replaced Jermaine Jones or Emerton. Emerton had his critics but he definately worked hard.

Perhaps the signing of a new right back would allow Jason Lowe to finally move into his proper position.

Its going to be a messy window!

Got a few mates who are man united fans and they all agree that Macheda is useless. He was on loan at Sampdoria last seaosn and didn't score a single goal I don't think, and they got relegated from Serie A. He is simple living off the memory of scoring that goal in the last minute a couple of years ago now.

Personally I would take a punt on Billy Sharp from Doncaster. I would prefer him to Andy Johnson.

Billy Sharp, Nicky Maynard or Jordan Rhodes are all worth pursuing ahead of Andy Johnson imo

Archived