BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January Transfer Window - Part One

BRFCS Content

Kean said that he and Salgado were injured and thus unavailable for selection. Both players have come out and said that they are not injured and are available for selection but are not being included in squads due to their contract situations.

Is Mrs D make the decision that Roberts and Salgado can not play because of the contract issues. Kean has to do has he is told!!! Kean is a club employee!!!

Billy Sharp, Nicky Maynard or Jordan Rhodes are all worth pursuing ahead of Andy Johnson imo

Sharp, Maynard and Rhodes have no PL experience which is what we need IMO!!!

Johnson has PL experience and will score goals if given the chance.

If we can't sign Johnson then Maybe any of them 3 are options for rovers.

Rhodes will cost 4 million according to reports. Think Maynard could be 3 million but only has 6 months left on his contract. I don't think Sharp will be good enough for the PL but who knows!

Why didn't we sign Macheda on loan or even Frimpong?

Don't think Macheda is good enough for the PL.

Frimpong is good enough for the PL and is the type of player we needed!!! maybe kean try but player want to go to Wolves!

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sporting intel on twitter, who is nick Harris if I'm not mistaken has just said it may not be so bad for us this jan, 2 or 3 players out and possibly some money in from the owners.

Hoilett, Andrews, Salgado and Roberts out would be ok for me.

Use the hoilett money to reinvest on the team and we might just be ok.

Sporting intel on twitter, who is nick Harris if I'm not mistaken has just said it may not be so bad for us this jan, 2 or 3 players out and possibly some money in from the owners.

Hoilett, Andrews, Salgado and Roberts out would be ok for me.

Use the hoilett money to reinvest on the team and we might just be ok.

here is the Nick Harris article

http://www.sportingintelligence.com/2012/01/02/blackburn%E2%80%99s-owners-revamp-survival-plans-in-wake-of-old-trafford-win-020101/

I agree Ricky. If we can't reinvest the Hoilett transfer money and getting rid of the deadwood, then we might just stay up!!! get a couple of permanent signings and couple of loans in!

• Backroom

I fear that this January transfer window is going to be every bit as depressing as the last 12 months.

Only a fool would think otherwise. There has been nothing from the owners to suggest any change in stance.

If we sell Hoilett I'd love to see us sign Ahmed Musa of VVV-Venlo as his replacement. Very good Nigerian youngster.

Not counting on any incomings other than a bargain loan or two though. Granero would be massive, but we need someone to take on players too if Junior leaves.

I understand why people don't rate Roberts, but today we had the Yak starting as the lone striker with Goodwillie and Blackman as our only other strikers available.

Let Roberts go and the Yak gets injured, then we fight the rest of the season with Goodwillie and Blackman as the only strikers in the club. What a thrill that would be. How did our "management" allow this situation to happen?

Den, Roberts will be replaced by a new forward.

Will he?

Well, Roberts isn't part of anything at Ewood now, while Cryer has just tweeted that Venky's haven't committed yet - so new signings on the horizon. They either need to get Roberts new contract sorted [small money in the bigger picture of relegation] or get a new striker in straight away. This current striker situation, where we can only choose from the Yak, Goodwillie or Blackman is ridiculous.

Granero is top quality, he can get forward join in the forward play, or he can sit deep & dictate the tempo of a game. In my opinion definitely not the type of player we need for the months ahead.

Having said that, I would be looking to bring Jermaine Jones back, now he is exactly what we need. He's only 30, and according to ESPN website he's only had 10 appearances so far this season for Shalke and 4 of those were as a sub.

Make no mistake about it, this is the most important transfer window ever for Rovers, get this wrong and we're doomed, get it right & we have half a chance!!!

COYB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Play on either flank, go inside or outside and go past players like they're not there?

Who else can do that? Give me a list.

We have options on the wing. Olsson, Rochina, Formica, Vukcevic or as a last resort Peds. Im not for one minute saying that they're as good as Hoilett but they'd do ok in comparison to whoever has to step into Samba's shoes should he leave. Hoilett is more replaceable and considering he's very weak defensively and his contract situation, it wouldn't be the end of the world if he left. Anything around £10m would be acceptable and should bring in 1/2 decent additions in areas which we desperately need reinforcements.

If we sell Hoilett I'd love to see us sign Ahmed Musa of VVV-Venlo as his replacement. Very good Nigerian youngster.

Not counting on any incomings other than a bargain loan or two though. Granero would be massive, but we need someone to take on players too if Junior leaves.

CSKA pushing on Musa as Love replacement,Some huge sides like him too.

Malaga have put loan proposal to Granero.

Archived