BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January Transfer Window - Part One

BRFCS Content

Guest TheArtistFormallyKnownAsJB

Bad managers buy bad players.

Incessant negativity is as bad as Keans gleaming positive outlook.

I guess Alex Ferguson is a real Stinker; djemba djemba, kleberson, van der gouw, that Portuguese fellow who he paid 8m for last year without even seeing...

Rochina, Yakuba, Dann, - good signings

Too early to completely write off the others who have played. Such as the ones you mentioned. Remember Goodwillie put the ball in the net last week at least...

If we can get 1/2 good signings in the ilk of the others we may improve. However, I doubt we have any money to spend.

Bad managers give 3 year contracts to players he will never play (ribeiro)

...(we can add that to the mounting list of reasons to sack Kean Steve)

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Incessant negativity is as bad as Keans gleaming positive outlook.

I guess Alex Ferguson is a real Stinker; djemba djemba, kleberson, van der gouw, that Portuguese fellow who he paid 8m for last year without even seeing...

Rochina, Yakuba, Dann, - good signings

You've picked out four signings from 26 years of Fergie managing United. Kean's signed more duds than that in one year.

Dann a good signing? I haven't been impressed so far.

I was excepting a couple of deals to be done by now!!! Guess Mrs D won't let them sign players without selling players.

Think she has to realise that we need 4 quality players in ASAP!!!

Kean wants deals done quickly but If the owners won't allow transfer bids to go in or complete the deals what can Kean do???

I was excepting a couple of deals to be done by now!!! Guess Mrs D won't let them sign players without selling players.

Think she has to realise that we need 4 quality players in ASAP!!!

Kean wants deals done quickly but If the owners won't allow transfer bids to go in or complete the deals what can Kean do???

Resign on a point of principle? [i'm being ironic, Board! ;) ]

Kamy / Makey - have you heard anything with regards to budget and money being put in ? seems very quiet as per Keans words, but that is a worry in itself as we really have no idea now !

I rather suspect we will be viewing this thread in 26 days time with the hope for an exciting player comign in on deadline day, but it not happening. Wonder if Saha fancies teaming up with the Yak again and maybe we might be adventurous enough to play a 4-4-2 at home god forbid.

4-4-2 isn't the solution to life's problems, any formation can be attacking or defensive. Depends on the players and mentality.

I know that Pal, it was tongue in cheek; we need whatever formation is going to be the most effective based on the weaknesses of our opposition and the strenghts of tthe players we have available; neither of which seem to be in the grasp of our current manager

What I don’t understand is why we don’t have clarity on the budget

For the last 3-4 weeks Kean has been banging on about talking to the owners about budgets and targets after every game.

Here we are in early January and they are still “talking about budgets and targets”

Set the budgets, define the targets and make a move.

Blackburn could sacrifice Hoilett to survive

Blackburn boss Steve Kean may cash in on star man Junior Hoilett to fund a move for Andy Johnson.

Kean wants Fulham striker Johnson, Nottingham Forest full-back Chris Gunter and Manchester City defender Nedum Onuoha to join Rovers' fight for survival, but has been told he has to sell to fund signings.

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/transfer-news/Transfer-gossip-Blackburn-may-sell-Junior-Hoilett-to-fund-signing-of-Andy-Johnson-from-Fulham-article849181.html

I would sell Hoilett and get rid of Roberts, Salgado and Andrews wages to help fund new signings.

There has been quite a lot of work done on a number of incoming deals over the last few days, but until a player is sold most of these deals can't be completed.

It does now seem that Kean can spend money he gets from sales, previously it was feared that most of this money would be used to balance the books.

Blackburn boss Steve Kean may cash in on star man Junior Hoilett to fund a move for Andy Johnson.

Kean wants Fulham striker Johnson, Nottingham Forest full-back Chris Gunter and Manchester City defender Nedum Onuoha to join Rovers' fight for survival, but has been told he has to sell to fund signings.

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/transfer-news/Transfer-gossip-Blackburn-may-sell-Junior-Hoilett-to-fund-signing-of-Andy-Johnson-from-Fulham-article849181.html

I would sell Hoilett and get rid of Roberts, Salgado and Andrews wages to help fund new signings.

Seriously - to bring in gunther Johnson and onuoha. the latter maybe but the first two? Are they really what we want and need? We have been crying out for a proper midfielder or 3 for the last however many years and Kean wants to bring in those 3?

No, No , No, we one right back and 2 MIDFIEDERS, it's like banging your head against a brick wall...

Seriously - to bring in gunther Johnson and onuoha. the latter maybe but the first two? Are they really what we want and need? We have been crying out for a proper midfielder or 3 for the last however many years and Kean wants to bring in those 3?

Can't see the point of signing Johnson. Gunter, is he better than what we've got ? Onuoha is certainly better than any right back we've got, I'm not so sure at centre half. Deeply depressing.

According to Twitter, Nicko doesn't think anything in Gibson speculation.

Names mentioned are not inspiring.

Who would trust Kean after RSC, Anderson, Ribeiro, Petro, Goodwillie, Simon and to a lesser extent Rochina, Formica & Dann. Only JJ back in Jan. & Yak have proved good signings by Kean. That's an 18% success record, remarkably like his PL win%. The man is a failure.

Archived