BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January Transfer Window - Part One

BRFCS Content

I will post this, I dont want hammering for it but my source is very good, Venkys have been unsuccessful in acquiring loans from other sources, the Desai woman is adamant they will not put their own cash in, thats if they have any spare, so we have to sell if we wish to strengthen the squad and of course, rid ourselves of the top earners!!

Lets hope Barclays get heavy and pull the plug sooner rather than later. Just hope theres a local boardroom back up team waiting in the wings.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Totally missing the point Hughesy.

No-one [i don't think] rates Roberts. However, he's better than Goodwillie and Blackman put together. If you think Goodwillie will have a better PL career than Roberts, then I have to strongly disagree. He's pants.

Roberts should be available to play. If and when we can replace him with someone better, then he stays - new contract, or not. You're already selling him and leaving us with Yak, GW and Blackman. That would be crazy.

Let's see if there is any money first.

Den, it is common knowledge that he is in fact the next Wayne Rooney.

I will post this, I dont want hammering for it but my source is very good, Venkys have been unsuccessful in acquiring loans from other sources, the Desai woman is adamant they will not put their own cash in, thats if they have any spare, so we have to sell if we wish to strengthen the squad and of course, rid ourselves of the top earners!!

Quite right, balancing the books is their biggest concern now. They have done what they wanted, why would they use any of their own cash? There intentions of ownership should of been questions by the FA and PL at the time of takeover, now we are dicked.

• Backroom

Ok possible daft suggestion time, hoilett is likely to go, Bentley is back in spurs reserves.

To me there is still potential for a top player there and could be just the player to feed the yak.

The question is why hasn't he performed at Brum or Wham

I can't seem to find any info about how he is getting on, but the initial diagnosis was six months out back in September. I would have loved him back here, I mentioned his name a fair bit over the summer.

This knee injury could be the end of him as a top flight player though. He'll do well to overcome a massive slump in form and a serious injury.

• Backroom

This knee injury could be the end of him as a top flight player though.

So what you're saying is he would be perfect for us then?

To be honest I only remembered him as I saw David gold tweet that he was back at spurs.

Surely Hughesy was trying to say that Roberts is soooo bad, even Goodwillie could score more. Not that he is any cop?

That's debateable, however Goodwillie was an utter garbage signing.

Spot on. Goodwillie is a brick. Too slow. Yak is a brick too of course, but the good kind... he at least has a turn of speed and can spot a chance and take it in a millisecond. We need someone to act as a foil to Yak, not a pale (no pun intended) imitation of him minus the turn of speed. Get rid of Goodwillie now. And Roberts. And Petrovic. And the young brazilian (who ?). Along with Salgado, Grella etc. They are adding no value, and we need to bring in some cash so we can buy (or at least pay the loan wages for) a proper left back, a decent CM, and someone with speed up front...without selling Samba.

Goodwillie is a terrile terrible player. Slow, poor movement, selfish, weak, average technically. I have absolutely no idea why we signed him.

he just looks very unfit to me and doesnt fit the formation(if you can call it that) where playing, id like to see him playing just behind the yak in a 442(4411), that seems to be his prefered position.

Not even real rumours. Oh, didn´t the clown say business is done quietly. Salgado could get his last deal from China or Qatar. But for Roberts I see no takers. We will end up loaning someone in latest hours of the window or Kean says we were unlucky.

And not to worry as the positives are blah blah blah ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Goodwillie is a terrile terrible player. Slow, poor movement, selfish, weak, average technically. I have absolutely no idea why we signed him.

You always want your forwards to be selfish, but other than that totally agree with you jbn. Bad managers buy bad players.

Archived