BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January Transfer Window - Part One

BRFCS Content

If Samba goes then we go down, simple as that!

Givet is playing out of his skin and how long can he keep it up? Best season he's had by miles.

Dann doesn't do it for me, championship quality at best, sell him!

junior can go.

Must keep Olsson

Formica can go if he wants to.

Not sure about Robbo, his heart doesn't seem in it recently.

Keep Nzonzi.

Sell or release Salgado, Grella, Roberts, Goodwillie, Robeiro, Blackman, Anderson, Slew, Petrovic, Vuckovic they are obviously not prem quality or always injured.

Keep MGP, Dunn, Lowe, Yak, Rochina.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pretty obvious to me that if we ship players out, that it wont free up enough cash to go buy replacements and fund their wages too, at least no one with decent quality and top level experience. If Salgado is going then we need 4 players - RB, central midfield x 2 and 1 striker minimum (2 if Roberts goes too). I dont think we'll be able to bring in the replacements, and wouldnt trust Keans judgement on his transfer picks - Goodwillie, Petrovic and Vuckevic.

Also, those giving credit to Steve Kean for the Yakubu transfer should know the deal was down to the Agent Mrs D brought into Ewood just before the end of the transfer window, Pini Zahavi - Kean had nothing to do with that, or the Slew deals. Have a look at the history regarding Yakubu and Zahavi on the link below. Nothing more than a fluke for Rovers it has turned out so well.

Zahavi's Wiki

Absolutely. I'm also concerned by Kamy's tweet about the 4 players believed to be lined up for when a player sale goes through. Reading between the lines these 4 do not include Granero (who would definitely help the lack of central midfield energy/creativity) and might include a relatively unproven striker- albeit probably the "next Pele". With our other strikers being Slew, Goodwillie and Blackman, an injury to Yak, which is bound to happen at some point based on his past record, will leave us completely screwed (more than current level!).

We need a midfield enforcer.....that is our main weakness. Our centre midfield is as soft as they come......they dont help out defensively and they hardly put a hard tackle in.

Not sure he's the right man - but what about Karl Henry at Wolves? Out of favour.....

We need a Tiote!!

agreed completly. our first 2 signings need to be players in this mold. we have nothing in the centre of midfield and thats why we never have any possesion. players who can give and go and who actually want the ball. dont know enough about henry to feel hes the man. i'd love wittingham from cardiff

david bentley has done nothing since leaving us and even the west ham fans werent too impressed by him.

I would be ###### fuming if it were as low as £12 mil for the two.

Nicko said he didn't write the rovers part of the article so that stuff is from a journo with zero rep.

We need a left back and Arthur Boka is wanted a move to England in summer from Stuttgart, wouldn't be a bad move!

although he's exactly the type we need i'd be disappointed if the best we could attract was Karl Henry though

yes was going more off the type than a particular player, just know he likes to rough teams up. Even a loan move for him till summer now they have frimpong as a stop gap.

What about Wigyama (sp) from Celtic?

So kamy says we have 4 deals (2 permenant and 2 loan) lined up but need a sale first.

We need to get hoilett out as soon as possible so we can get these deals done..

I think its safe to say that one of the permenant ones is Andy Johnson, any idea who the other deals may be?

I assume Kamy knows... how about a few hints?

Edit: Just saw a reply from Kamy to someone, here it is

"@roversfan09 all the players are good solid players (but not world beaters), 3 of them have PL experience, the other is up & coming striker."

The up and coming striker makes me think Sordell from Watford. Other two may be Bradley Orr and Chris Gunter as mentioned in the LT the other day. I hope that getting an up and coming striker means that we don't get Johnson. Id rather a midfielder and a striker rather than two strikers.

Looks like Junior and Samba are off then. Yak got a clause in his contract if we go down. Contract issues with several players at the club! Well done Venkys you really have wrecked our club and as for Kean, he's just a yes man and a lier!! Lets get our deals done early he said the other week, what a load of bull!!

Nicko is technically correct with that but it doesn't read as it should. He would be a free transfer to a foreign team, but we would be due compensation if he went to another PL side.

I think I'd rather see him at a foreign team on a free than watch him at another English club seeing what could have been. Not only that, any cash we get from him will undoubtedly go straight to the Addams family back in Pune not on getting any sort of replacement.

If Samba goes then we go down, simple as that!

Givet is playing out of his skin and how long can he keep it up? Best season he's had by miles.

Dann doesn't do it for me, championship quality at best, sell him!

junior can go.

Must keep Olsson

Formica can go if he wants to.

Not sure about Robbo, his heart doesn't seem in it recently.

Keep Nzonzi.

Sell or release Salgado, Grella, Roberts, Goodwillie, Robeiro, Blackman, Anderson, Slew, Petrovic, Vuckovic they are obviously not prem quality or always injured.

Keep MGP, Dunn, Lowe, Yak, Rochina.

Keep MGP - are you serious - he is ###### awful and a liability. Would rather see Petrovic playign ahead of hima nd that is sayign something. MGP doesn`t tackle, his distribution this season is worse than Sunday League football, his set pieces are good on a 1:10 ratio, his positional sense is shocking, the only good thing about him is his ability in the air.

Keep MGP - are you serious - he is ###### awful and a liability. Would rather see Petrovic playign ahead of hima nd that is sayign something. MGP doesn`t tackle, his distribution this season is worse than Sunday League football, his set pieces are good on a 1:10 ratio, his positional sense is shocking, the only good thing about him is his ability in the air.

Here here! He's supposed to be on a very good wage too. What a frickin waste of cash!

So kamy says we have 4 deals (2 permenant and 2 loan) lined up but need a sale first.

We need to get hoilett out as soon as possible so we can get these deals done..

I think its safe to say that one of the permenant ones is Andy Johnson, any idea who the other deals may be?

i must have missed this ... when/where has he said that?

Rovers have got at least 4 deals lined up, one agent told me that Rovers representatives have been the most active in the PL with regards to enquiring about players etc. but all of this now grinds to a halt, in order to complete any of these deals Rovers first need to sell players. As I thought it is proving difficult to move on the likes of Roberts and Salgado (due to the wages that they are on). Same goes for Junior, clubs know that Rovers are desperate to sell and the fact that his contract is up in June it allows the likes of Spurs to play hard ball when negotiating.

I am told spurs are offering some cash and Kranjaer (sp), Rovers want straight cash.

Thus far Rovers have rebuffed 3 bids for Samba, none have got anywhere near Rovers valuation of Samba (it is between £16-£18 million). Spurs are desperate to sign him but he is the one player that Venky's don't want to sell and most certainly won't allow him to leave on the cheap as he is under contract until 2015.

don't do twitter... thats why i missed it then

Rovers have got at least 4 deals lined up, one agent told me that Rovers representatives have been the most active in the PL with regards to enquiring about players etc. but all of this now grinds to a halt, in order to complete any of these deals Rovers first need to sell players. As I thought it is proving difficult to move on the likes of Roberts and Salgado (due to the wages that they are on). Same goes for Junior, clubs know that Rovers are desperate to sell and the fact that his contract is up in June it allows the likes of Spurs to play hard ball when negotiating.

I am told spurs are offering some cash and Kranjaer (sp), Rovers want straight cash.

Thus far Rovers have rebuffed 3 bids for Samba, none have got anywhere near Rovers valuation of Samba (it is between £16-£18 million). Spurs are desperate to sign him but he is the one player that Venky's don't want to sell and most certainly won't allow him to leave on the cheap as he is under contract until 2015.

I'd take that at the mo

:lol:

Was that an intentional error?

Haha no, it wasn't but quite ironic

Kranjcar for Hoillet plus cash would be a great deal. Reminds me of when Spurs apparently offered Lennon plus cash for Bentley a few years back. We should have snapped their hands off.

That's crazy putting a 1.5m release clause in Yak's contract. Why put such a low figure!

That will leave us with Goodwillie, Stew and Blackman as our strikers in the championship next season. Oh dear!

Blackman is out of contract in summer...so maybe not.

As for why £1.5m, because thats what we paid for him?

Same goes for Junior, clubs know that Rovers are desperate to sell and the fact that his contract is up in June it allows the likes of Spurs to play hard ball when negotiating.

How much cash + Krancjaer? At this stage that isnt a bad offer....

Thus far Rovers have rebuffed 3 bids for Samba, none have got anywhere near Rovers valuation of Samba (it is between £16-£18 million).

There have been no official enquiries for samba yet. im sure there will be soon though.

Which one is wrong?!

He's a top player and would be a great signing for us. I'd go for that.

Which one is wrong?!

maybe neither - Makey did say "official" - which means there could have been telehpone conversations and the like potentially ?

Makey - are you able to share anymore info as you said our targets weren`t that great, or something to that effect..........

Archived