BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January Transfer Window - Part One

BRFCS Content

Aha, on SSN Keith Andrews is being described as a creative and talented midfielder!

Apparently though he has left on a free, which is disappointing as it doesn't allow us to strengthen at all. He is talking a lot of sense about the club though. Saying the club he joined is nothing like the club it is today!

Also, does anyone know what the deal is with Fulham for Pogrebnyak(sp). Heard they paid £3m for him but he only seems to have signed a 6 month deal...

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Today does show that all rumours shouldn't be believed.

Whilst a poor window in terms of incomings some people were saying we would lose samba / hoilett / Formica in reality we haven't lost anyone who has had a postive impact for a good while.

Formica deal may still happen, South america window remains open, whilst the other players were priced out of moves through greed,

I still expect 2 or 3 to move/ be released in coming days

Not disappointed on incomings as we all knew that we had no cash, we have lost bags of experience though, and what some people forget is experience is needed off the pitch aswell as on it.

We lack leadership throughout the club now, Owners, Board, playing squad,

Andrews said, that the club is a shadow of the club he joined

Today does show that all rumours shouldn't be believed.

Whilst a poor window in terms of incomings some people were saying we would lose samba / hoilett / Formica in reality we haven't lost anyone who has had a postive impact for a good while.

Whiile that's undeniably true, Tom, it doesn't address how the "Admiral's" departure will cover the gap which Venky's have created.

On the other hand, the second half of the season will be between us, Wolves, Wigan & Bolton.

COYB!!!!

Formica deal may still happen, South america window remains open, whilst the other players were priced out of moves through greed,

Not disappointed on incomings as we all knew that we had no cash, we have lost bags of experience though, and what some people forget is experience is needed off the pitch aswell as on it.

But it still hasnt been any form of meltdown or disaster- and thats what had worried me going into today and I am irritated by. If we could still release Salgado (for his benefit as much as anything) then fine. It will be a shame if Formica goes. The big worries for me this week were Robinson, Samba, Olssen, Hoilett, Yakubu and to a lesser extent Dann & N'Zonzi and I am glad they will be here for the rest of the season (hopefully ready to put in 100%, Samba). It could have been a lot worse and some would have led us to believe it was certainly going to be.

I agree on the lack of leadership and, to an extent, about experience. However, having the experienced players round the club hasn't helped much over the last 18 months.

We HAD to buy - and buy well - this window in order to stand a chance of survival, IMO. We all knew that we wouldn't, and we didn't. Even though we kept our best players, I deem this window pretty much a disaster, but not as big a disaster as predicted.

VENKY'S, LEAVE THE CLUB!!!!!

What did Kean say to make him a liar in this transfer window?

"The backing I have got from the owners is clear. There will be funds available in the window."

Although Nelson, Roberts and Andrews left, we only brought in a freebie, a cheapie and a loan. To me that shows that there were no funds.

• Backroom

Didn't know about the SA window.

Be it greed or whatever today could have been a lot worse granted it could have been a lot better but this isn't a normal club these days.

cause he's a threat to him.

Dreadful news that Kean has got rid of our Captain, a decent man, a true leader with loads of experience. I'd have had him as manager before Kean months ago.

Still the wage bill has gone down. Smashing.

Roberts, Nelsen, Andrews, Salgado? Out of interest, who signed improved contracts last year and who is still at the club?

Incoming... French reserve on loan, Martins brother and a fella more suited to the Championship by all accounts.

Still we've got to pay for Myles and Bruno somehow. That's the important thing. Oh and well done to the Brazilian chicken farmer 'fixer' - a fantastic effort, well worth the air fare.

Cracking point.

Abysmal window which has, most likely, consigned us to Championship next season and lost the club at least 10,000 season tickets no matter what league we are in.

IMO, our owners and manager have, again, been shown to have little, if any, credibility and integrity.

Would Spurs release Bassong on loan to Wolves if they weren't certain of Nelsen's fitness ? In my view, the whole Nelsen business stinks as do many other aspects of our club now.

I believe that our club is now on life support.

Forgot to mention - the fact that the cretin Kean has been using Nelsen's absence as an excuse for our poor defending and results. IMO, Kean has no morals and is a disgrace to our club.

But it still hasnt been any form of meltdown or disaster- and thats what had worried me going into today and I am irritated by. If we could still release Salgado (for his benefit as much as anything) then fine. It will be a shame if Formica goes. The big worries for me this week were Robinson, Samba, Olssen, Hoilett, Yakubu and to a lesser extent Dann & N'Zonzi and I am glad they will be here for the rest of the season (hopefully ready to put in 100%, Samba). It could have been a lot worse and some would have led us to believe it was certainly going to be.

I agree on the lack of leadership and, to an extent, about experience. However, having the experienced players round the club hasn't helped much over the last 18 months.

If Samba actually plays again? I hope he can get his head down, but i very much doubt it at this moment in time. However the worries today for me was Dann N N'zonzi and we have kept both, so thats a massive bonus, because had we recieved an acceptable bid for either of those, then the bank would of then authorised Samba's sale. Thankfully they held the keys on Samba

Most clubs didnt seem willing to spend this window so we are not the only ones.

Definatly wasnt a disaster by any stretch. and the doom crew got it wrong (again!)

Bit dissapointed we couldnt add a cm.

But heads down and carry on the form with a good perfomance and a good result tomorrow!

COYB! :brfc:

• Backroom

As for Andrews it won't be long until he blasts the fans in an interview, he was treat worse by the fans than by the club in my view.

My thoughts on our three incomings are limited:

Modeste - not seen much of him but looks like he has the physical attributes for the league, as a direct Roberts replacement he should be ok

Olsson - probably a squad player hopefully if he has his brothers pace then he may be an option from the bench

Orr - looks a dodgy one although we are short of options at full back

Nelsen to spurs is one of the oddest signings I recall

Archived