BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Boycott of Fulham Game

A Boycott simply wont work as not enough would boycott, I like many others are not going to be driven from supporting my team through poor ownership and poor management,

An open supporters meeting is being planned for the week commencing 16.01.12,

I have spoken to Wayne Wild, the Chairman of the FF, The BRST, some supporter sites and other clubs supporter groups who have been set up due to issues within their own clubs, I.E Spirit of Shankly,

Mark1875 Will be posting later what we have planned for the Fulham match as we have had no organised protest for 7 matches, and because of this the organic one's have brought about the wrong message and been somewhat lost in translation. This has seent he media turn against the supporters. I have tonight issued a press release to the media surrounding further plans and outlined why organised protest were ended and why they are being reluctantly resumed.

Its quite a long press release (Which does not help) but there was many key points which have been sadly lost in translation. This round of protest are solely aimed at Venkys, whilst I have spoke with TV Media who wish to tell the supporters side of the story as they like my journo's feel sorry for the supporters and feel that the last few games since we went organic has lost the real message.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you want to boycott; why not boycott the first 15mins?

Then afterwards get in Ewood and support the team?

Good idea - empty seats will show up on TV, and will be seen back in Pune. The difference could be quite noticeable if the volume in support of the team goes up several notches when all the protestors take their seats. I'll do it.

Completely disagree for two reasons; I will not be driven out of Ewood by anyone, owners, manager or whoever. I have more right to be there than any of these Johnny come latelys. Secondly I believe the best form of protest is the one which grows naturally within the ground during the game.

There was no organisation at the City and Bolton games

when the strongest protests took place.

100% agree with that!

Well the team would have full support of the fans rather than half of them sat at home. Whilst still highlighting that fans are unhappy.

Ie. Coventry yesterday

Then that isn't actually a boycott. It's just being late.

A Boycott simply wont work as not enough would boycott, I like many others are not going to be driven from supporting my team through poor ownership and poor management,

An open supporters meeting is being planned for the week commencing 16.01.12,

I have spoken to Wayne Wild, the Chairman of the FF, The BRST, some supporter sites and other clubs supporter groups who have been set up due to issues within their own clubs, I.E Spirit of Shankly,

Mark1875 Will be posting later what we have planned for the Fulham match as we have had no organised protest for 7 matches, and because of this the organic one's have brought about the wrong message and been somewhat lost in translation. This has seent he media turn against the supporters. I have tonight issued a press release to the media surrounding further plans and outlined why organised protest were ended and why they are being reluctantly resumed.

Its quite a long press release (Which does not help) but there was many key points which have been sadly lost in translation. This round of protest are solely aimed at Venkys, whilst I have spoke with TV Media who wish to tell the supporters side of the story as they like my journo's feel sorry for the supporters and feel that the last few games since we went organic has lost the real message.

Hi Glen, I fully support what you and the lads have put in motion.

I've posted this suggestion today after reading other bloggers calling fot it to happen. Likewise Im not going to be stopped supporting my team.

I am willing to protest outside the ground, in that I feel I am still supporting the team and Club, but not the regime of Venkys/Anderson/Kean.

Im glad your lining up the open meeting. I think bringing together all trains of thought will result in unified action.

I am more convinced than ever, that there is a sinister reason behind the happenings at Ewood.

We have to rid our Club of these fools, by whatever means.

Why?

It'd get the point across again AND help the atmosphere inside the stadium.

Half-assed actions breed half-assed results.

This will probably appeal to those without the gumption to properly boycott, though.

Half-assed actions breed half-assed results.

This will probably appeal to those without the gumption to properly boycott, though.

You don't actually attend matches anyway. That's right isn't it?

Probably because they'd still like to watch a game of football/get behind their team as well as showing displeasure without yelling abuse all game?

Just a thought

And this is the reality. It won't be a noisy revolution that captures the imagination of the majority of Rovers fans. It'll be a silent one where people simply stop buying tickets.

It's the nature of Blackburn folk and the nature of most of its fans. Blackburn people are not rich people by any stretch. The vast majority of season ticket holders (who have already paid) will not want to throw that money down the drain.They'll get their money's worth and will decide at the end of the season if it's worth forking out again. A lot will decide it isn't.

Plus the idea of wanting someone to lose their job will still sit uncomfortably with a lot of local people but they really shouldn't feel sorry for Kean. He'll be set for life after this.

It's also why we should be given more respect by the media since the Bolton scenes are completely out of character - and we have been pushed to the limits. Yet we are dubbed idiots. They see it that we don't deserve Premier League football and we should just shut up, and go quietly.

But some of us are already missing games, even though we've already paid for our season-tickets. I've not been able to attend the last four home games for various reasons [difficulty of getting to and from home to Blackburn; New Year holiday plans; oh, and apathy!] and am getting to the stage where I'm not missing being there. If I'm honest, the only thing I've m1st has been the pre-match banter [? :wacko:] in the pub with my mates.

On Friday I had an e-mail from a friend who sits in the Blackburn End [i'm a Riversider] in which she said,

I did my weeping after the Bolton match when I decided that until/unless there are huge changes at the club I'm not going again, the season ticket, scarf and long john's have all been packed away, I don't want to be a part of it any more! I suppose I could always go shopping on a Saturday afternoon now.

I don't feel like I'm boycotting the club [yet] and I certainly won't be going shopping on a Saturday afternoon ;) ; it just feels like "death by 1,000 empty seats". Any guesses as to how low the crowd'll be for the Fulham game?

• Backroom

Ad hominem. Doesn't make my point any less valid.

I think it does in some way to be fair.

I would never think anyone who lives away from Blackburn is less of a fan but I do think they have no right to tell the people who do go how to support the team.

Like Abbey often says, he would never dream of going on a Denver Broncos site and telling the locals how they should act.

Ad hominem. Doesn't make my point any less valid.

Sanctimony. You are telling people which choices to make when you don't put yourself in the same position to have to make those choices.

Archived