BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Boycott of Fulham Game

I've been reading post's on LET site. Numerous people calling for a boycott of the Fulham match.

I have personally been very supportive of the protests. Sitting and saying nothing is not an option for me.

I have suggested an open meeting prior to the Fulham game, to bring together fans wiiling to give time and support in creating an organised fans action group.

I hope this happens. I think it will need those who have already organised some of the action to give it the nod.

It hurts to suggest not going on to support the team, but I think thats what we have to do now.

I'd suggest those who can, protest outside the ground during the game.

An empty stadium, or the lowest attendance for a PL fixture should get the media asking the questions that need asking of Venkys.

We could make alot of noise outside the ground, clearly stating our support of BRFC, and our wish for change at all levels of the so called management.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've been reading post's on LET site. Numerous people calling for a boycott of the Fulham match.

I have personally been very supportive of the protests. Sitting and saying nothing is not an option for me.

I have suggested an open meeting prior to the Fulham game, to bring together fans wiiling to give time and support in creating an organised fans action group.

I hope this happens. I think it will need those who have already organised some of the action to give it the nod.

It hurts to suggest not going on to support the team, but I think thats what we have to do now.

An empty stadium, or the lowest attendance for a PL fixture should get the media asking the questions that need asking of Venkys.

We could make alot of noise outside the ground, clearly stating our support of BRFC, and our wish for change at all levels of the so called management.

Completely agree.

Do the media care or to they just laugh a little Rovers? LET has been great recently nation media don't care. As we saw with the Chorley game as soon as they found it was not a protest they were not interested at all.

As soon as we go down we will be lucky to get a mention in National Media at all.

Completely disagree for two reasons; I will not be driven out of Ewood by anyone, owners, manager or whoever. I have more right to be there than any of these Johnny come latelys. Secondly I believe the best form of protest is the one which grows naturally within the ground during the game.

There was no organisation at the City and Bolton games when the strongest protests took place.

Completely disagree for two reasons; I will not be driven out of Ewood by anyone, owners, manager or whoever. I have more right to be there than any of these Johnny come latelys.

That makes you sound like a squatter.

You are wasting your time. The majority of rovers supporters don't have the front to do it. It's an obessesseion that they must be at the ground if rovers are playing regardless whether it be in the best interest of the future of the club. When it all goes tits up I will be content knowing I tried a number of things in order to save the clubs season and beyond. There will be a number who know they did nothing and then another number who were ignorant to the whole problem.

I refuse to take out any frustration I have with the manager or the owners on the club* or the players. Both the club and the players have had my full support throughout and will continue to do so unless something changes to make me feel they no longer deserve it.

I'm all for bringing about change, but removing my support from the team is NOT the way to do it.

(* By that I mean the club as a whole and it's staff, the vast majority of whom seem to be every bit as frustrated as we are).

You are wasting your time. The majority of rovers supporters don't have the front to do it. It's an obessesseion that they must be at the ground if rovers are playing regardless whether it be in the best interest of the future of the club. When it all goes tits up I will be content knowing I tried a number of things in order to save the clubs season and beyond. There will be a number who know they did nothing and then another number who were ignorant to the whole problem.

So, where do those that have been trying multiple ways of bringing about change, but refuse to stop supporting the team fit into this then ?

I refuse to take out any frustration I have with the manager or the owners on the club* or the players. Both the club and the players have had my full support throughout and will continue to do so unless something changes to make me feel they no longer deserve it.

I'm all for bringing about change, but removing my support from the team is NOT the way to do it.

(* By that I mean the club as a whole and it's staff, the vast majority of whom seem to be every bit as frustrated as we are).

So, where do those that have been trying multiple ways of bringing about change, but refuse to stop supporting the team fit into this then ?

I would say that unwaivering support will ultimately keep kean in a job. Sometimes you need to make a huge sacrifice for the greater good. I think I have been fairly consistent in my posts throughout this whole debacle. Pretty much everything has been tried to sort this out, including giving the team the full backing but nothing has worked. The only thing left is a mass boycott but I don't for one minute think that would ever happen. In fact if I could guarantee rovers safety if everyone boycotted the fulham game it still wouldn't happen why...1. Ignorance 2. Addiction.

I neither buy into this nonsense that fans affect the game that much. I sit quietly all throughout the game does that mean I'm partly responsible any time rovers lose?

You must feel that perhaps a roar of the Blackburn end wins a game for us once every so often. That is fair enough but something i dont believe.

I'm not forcing people to go and boycott but I can be disappointed that it is not seen as another avenue that could be used in bringing about change.

Boycotts are a waste of time in my view - the owners seem indifferent to us being bottom of the league so why should they care whether the ground is half-empty or not ?

However I do believe the owners do care very much about their image and their business in India, and would not want anything to damage the Venky's brand.

It stands to reason therefore that angry scenes at Ewood broadcast worldwide and causing them embarrassment across the sub-continent might help to persuade them that owning a football club is not worth the trouble.

Whether enough fans feel that way and are willing to show their anger and what form that anger takes are another matter - but talking to alot of people I do believe we are near to a tipping point.

What we all have in common is wanting the best outcome for our Club. I will not call or slate anybody who does not want to join the Protests.

I have in my mind though that what I support is BRFC as an instution. The history, the badge etc.

The current crop of players, Kean, Venkys, Anderson will be gone at sometime.

We will all no doubt have differnet reasons as to why we are Rovers fans. We have had high's and low's before. But we all know this is different.

I do believe we are being taken to the cleaners by Venkys, Anderson and Kean. Its all the lies, utter contempt and disrespect shown to us fans, as well as BRFC.

Thats why Im suggesting radical action. I can not see a scenario were Venkys have the best interest of our club at heart. They need to be ousted, sooner rather later. They go Kean goes, Anderson go too.

I honestly think we are already down. What I will not accept, is the way we have been taken down.

Think the statement with the best effect is one that happens organically - if season ticket sales halved for next season then that will really hurt the owners won't it?

A boycott of a game, as others have stated here, won't have a big enough impact, and it'll just be twisted by the press?

Was it right that only 200 fans travelled to Newcastle? That's not many at all, is that a normal amount?

There were 350-400 of us at Newcastle. Smallish numbers but great support.

Typical Rovers on the pitch, refusing to support a break forward at 1-1, but hey - I think we're used to that by now.

Not boycotting, i'll be there in whatever division for as long as I am able :brfc:

Think the statement with the best effect is one that happens organically - if season ticket sales halved for next season then that will really hurt the owners won't it?

A boycott of a game, as others have stated here, won't have a big enough impact, and it'll just be twisted by the press?

Was it right that only 200 fans travelled to Newcastle? That's not many at all, is that a normal amount?

And this is the reality. It won't be a noisy revolution that captures the imagination of the majority of Rovers fans. It's be a silent one where people simply stop buying tickets.

It's the nature of Blackburn folk and the nature of most of its fans. Blackburn people are not rich people by any stretch. The vast majority of season ticket holders (who have already paid) will not want to throw that money down the drain. They'll get their money's worth and will decide at the end of the season if it's worth forking out again. A lot will decide it isn't.

Plus the idea of wanting someone to lose their job will still sit uncomfortably with a lot of local people but they really shouldn't feel sorry for Kean. He'll be set for life after this.

It's also why we should be given more respect by the media since the Bolton scenes are completely out of character - and we have been pushed to the limits. Yet we are dubbed idiots. They see it that we don't deserve Premier League football and we should just shut up, and go quietly.

And this is the reality. It won't be a noisy revolution that captures the imagination of the majority of Rovers fans. It's be a silent one where people simply stop buying tickets.

It's the nature of Blackburn folk and the nature of most of its fans. Blackburn people are not rich people by any stretch. The vast majority of season ticket holders (who have already paid) will not want to throw that money down the drain. They'll get their money's worth and will decide at the end of the season if it's worth forking out again. A lot will decide it isn't.

Plus the idea of wanting someone to lose their job will still sit uncomfortably with a lot of local people but they really shouldn't feel sorry for Kean. He'll be set for life after this.

It's also why we should be given more respect by the media since the Bolton scenes are completely out of character - and we have been pushed to the limits. Yet we are dubbed idiots. They see it that we don't deserve Premier League football and we should just shut up, and go quietly.

It's sad that by inaction the owners disrespect fans feelings - I think your comments sum it up for me - there's a lot of dignity with Rovers fans which must make what's happening at the moment extra difficult for them?

It's hard to stomach what's happening but fans were here before Kean/Venkys and will be here long after - I keep telling myself that but still live in hope they [Venkys] will come to their senses...

Archived