BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Boycott of Fulham Game

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There is a list of 33 aims in the latest press release from the action group or at least what is wanted from the owners, I found these 2 points of interest:

Could someone please point me to the latest PR from the action group?

If there really are 33 points it's wasted. No one is going to read past the first five or six. You need a few serious bullet points, straight forward facts and some introductory blurb to catch the eye. Short and succinct is the answer.

I hope the protestors do stay away....

I think the pitiful performance at Newcastle, where there were no protests, illustrates that the protests can't be having too much of an influence on the field. We are poor when there are protests and we are poor when there aren't any protests.

I, too, am not convinced that the protests will have any impact on the owners. They are in India, Desai has clearly no intention of coming to Blackburn or of investing more money in the club. However, I fully understand why there are protests. It may not have any impact on the Rao family but at least people feel they are doing something rather than just sitting back and watching the Rao family slowly destroy the club.

Organised protests will never get more than a few taking part, so these threads that pop up every week are pointless.

However, the personal boycott of thousands is already underway, the lowest gate for many a year coming up on Saturday?

Think the statement with the best effect is one that happens organically - if season ticket sales halved for next season then that will really hurt the owners won't it?

A boycott of a game, as others have stated here, won't have a big enough impact, and it'll just be twisted by the press?

Was it right that only 200 fans travelled to Newcastle? That's not many at all, is that a normal amount?

Just under 1200 for the league game up there. About 3/400 on sat.

The boycott is already underway, I reckon that about 4,000 are already participating and that number is set go increase. These are not just fair weather fans, or tremblers as our strange friend calls them, but many who are long term followers home and away.

Some people get sucked in to believing these websites are the centre of the universe. You could get everyone on these to boycott a game and it would be hardly noticed.

Do you belive that people who use this forum do not talk to other Rovers supporters, who then talk to other Rovers supporters?

Do you belive that people who use this forum do not talk to other Rovers supporters, who then talk to other Rovers supporters?

But a lot of the stuff people on this board come out with and are angry about are just unfounded rumour with no proof to back it up, thats why I think some of the organised protests are small and by some really disliked.

If I started peddling the conspiracy theory's on here to people they would think I was more mental than Kean.

Im going Fulham anyway (even though suporting rovers is no longer fun and I have to drag myself sometimes) - on that side of things I could understand people not going games. But I dont think there will me enough to make a point it will just look like we have ###### support - which most fans of otherclubs already say we do.

But a lot of the stuff people on this board come out with and are angry about are just unfounded rumour with no proof to back it up, thats why I think some of the organised protests are small and by some really disliked.

If I started peddling the conspiracy theory's on here to people they would think I was more mental than Kean.

Im going Fulham anyway (even though suporting rovers is no longer fun and I have to drag myself sometimes) - on that side of things I could understand people not going games. But I dont think there will me enough to make a point it will just look like we have ###### support - which most fans of otherclubs already say we do.

Bottom of the league is fact

Archived