BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The situation is hopeless

DaFrame2r

For me is not the fact that we are going through a bad spell. Teams have good spells, bad spells, win some lose some.

Its the fact that the club is being systematically ripped apart in front of our very eyes.

Its the fact that we can do absolutely nothing about it

How much does that hurt you all?

On the face of it, in my opinion...

Steve Kean - currently enjoying the pinnacle of his career - well paid and beyond reproach - does not suffer the same consequences that befall every other club manager who has ever held the title. Not going to walk away in a million years and not going to be sacked. Assuming Venkys don't extend his contract he will walk away a very rich man.

Venkys - not going to spend / sell / explain. Seemingly make promises to people's faces and do not follow through. Apparently allow one of their employees to post on this messageboard for reasons unknown.

Board of Directors - possibly unfairly, viewed as executive paperclip monitors - don't appear to me to have any authority about anything football related.

JA - "helped" the club - no longer "helping the club" we are told but presumably (and in a professional capacity) helping the head coach.

Players - the one shining light in this whole sorry pantomime. Samba not withstanding, and virtually shorn of all experience, the players appear to be are playing for each other - even if the conductor keeps swapping their music sheets mid-symphony.

Protesters - not going to stop "fighting to win back the club" or at least to get some change out of the owners. Group of lads working hard (and learning on the fly) to try to do "something" potentially being undermined be hangers-on who want things to get a bit more 'tasty' and with lots of people wanting them to fail and accusing them of self-interest. Recently gave birth to BRAG.

BRAG / FF - Two lead groups, both of which pertain to speak for the fans, in violent agreement with each other about the big picture yet continue to take pot shots at each other about each other's approach. We perhaps need both parties to collaborate and continue to communicate, perhaps moreso than openly work together.

Anti-Protesters - not going to be seen to "not support the club" and going to be aggressive with those whom they see as "not supporting the club"

Ambivalent masses - clearly aren't happy and will (and have already begun to) give up hope and will just stop going to games. Let's face it, Ewood Park is not an enjoyable place to go to at the moment

- Wayne Wild / Dan Grabko - can't afford to buy - relying on relegation, possibly two, a giveaway by Venkys and fans finding thousands of pounds

- Two Ians and co - can't afford to buy - relying (I assume) on support from silent backers

- Qataris - if they were ever interested it wasn't serious - goners

- Local press have gone back into their shell after previously believing that the were able to cast the final die on Kean.

- National media aren't that interested - even less so now we have a Pompey and Rangers situation. Barring unlikely ownership or manager change, we will now have to go pop to get meaningful coverage.

This is no longer a normal football club and things aren't done in the same way as other clubs.

As ordinary fans we can only hope that something is happening in the background which will change the status quo before it's too late.

Have I missed anything?

If you can't affect what's going on then just find the humour in it all. I've been angry to the point of insanity but I don't care anymore because we can't do sh1t.

This is pretty much where I got to about a month ago. The key elements in finding our situation funny are accepting that there's no hope and being a fan for who not getting a season ticket is never an option. When you realise you have absolutely no choice but to witness years of this insanity, it does start becoming amusing.

This is pretty much where I got to about a month ago. The key elements in finding our situation funny are accepting that there's no hope and being a fan for who not getting a season ticket is never an option. When you realise you have absolutely no choice but to witness years of this insanity, it does start becoming amusing.

I think you might be ill.

None of this is amusing.

It's... disenchanting.

I'm just bemused with it all.

Seeing that clownshoe playing at manager on the touchline,

watching all our experienced players thrown out the door, then the manager laments the struggles of 'our youngest ever team'.

Same bloke thinks having similar amounts of penalty box entries as the opposition gives you some kind of moral victory.

Watching Agents on television telling fans how to behave and accusing them of 'agendas'

Seeing adverts for some Indian chicken company flash around our famous old ground and realising, yep they actually own Blackburn Rovers Football Club.

Hearing that sone random twenty something is running the club along with a man that was a mere coach 18 months ago.

Three, nay four (if Bruce goes to Wolves) assistant managers in a season.

A Brazillian 'poultry baron' in charge of our transfer policy.

And so on and so on.

If you'd have written it as a book, I'm not sure if it would be in the base comedy, high farce or surrealist genre.

Most fans have finally reached the stage of 'acceptance' in their grief. They have huffed and puffed to have their voice heard, even if Kean's results & Venky's mismanagement hasn't appeared to have spoken for itself. There's still this perception from the rest of the country that it's "only little old Blackburn Rovers", and instead of the fans standing up to the corruption tearing the club apart, they should stick their heads in the sand and back poor old Stevie Keanie, who is apparently as much a victim as anyone else *gag*. I was already falling out of love with the game, as it was. It was only Rovers that really left me any passion for the elitist cash-cow that English football has become. There was a pride and defiance to supporting Rovers, even if we weren't the most glamorous or glorious club in the country. That has been stripped away in the space of twelve months by these incompetent buffoons. While you might recognize Rovers on the outside, the ground, the cherished logo etc., the inside has become a husk of a club. No leadership, No respect, No honesty, No clue. And sadly, there's nothing anyone can do about it.

Complete and utter frustration,their continued silence and refusal to speak to anyone is total arrogance at its worst and is fueling an already strained 'them and us' relationship between fan and owner ...they almost appear to be in denial hoping the situation will go away.Lets face the facts,the voice of the fans has been totally ignored,we are probably seen as something on the bottom of their shoes.

:blink:

What the hell does the future hold for this proud old club under the tenure of these incompetents from Pune?...

TOTAL FRUSTRATION.

Most fans have finally reached the stage of 'acceptance' in their grief. They have huffed and puffed to have their voice heard, even if Kean's results & Venky's mismanagement hasn't appeared to have spoken for itself. There's still this perception from the rest of the country that it's "only little old Blackburn Rovers", and instead of the fans standing up to the corruption tearing the club apart, they should stick their heads in the sand and back poor old Stevie Keanie, who is apparently as much a victim as anyone else *gag*. I was already falling out of love with the game, as it was. It was only Rovers that really left me any passion for the elitist cash-cow that English football has become. There was a pride and defiance to supporting Rovers, even if we weren't the most glamorous or glorious club in the country. That has been stripped away in the space of twelve months by these incompetent buffoons. While you might recognize Rovers on the outside, the ground, the cherished logo etc., the inside has become a husk of a club. No leadership, No respect, No honesty, No clue. And sadly, there's nothing anyone can do about it.

This post sums up exactly how I feel about the situation, although the penmanship is far better than I would have achieved. I have taken the one stance I can, which is refuse to attend until the scumbags all leave, some may say that is giving in, I think it is the only protest we can make that may ultimately force these shysters hand.

• Backroom

Good post.

If you'd have written it as a book, I'm not sure if it would be in the base comedy, high farce or surrealist genre.

Would never of made it past first post at a publishers, even in comedy you have to believe the charactors could exist.. and they are way to far fetched for even surrealist work.

During this, what I can only describe as a disastrous period under the Indian clowns, I have, one game apart, not visited Ewood this season, I cant go to a ground when I feel as its a 'give as your money and do as your told syndrome under this ownership.

I have visited Turf Moor, Chorley and Accy Stanley, wow, at both Chorley and Stanley, you were made feel so welcome, club officials actually spoke to you, it felt like a club that belonged to the community and a community that belonged to the club, this is the way forward, given they are much smaller clubs, the feeling was that of a belonging, a feeling I dont now experience at Rovers, it belongs to some chicken farmers who for some unknown reason, are arrogant, think they are superior, which they are most definately not and I will continue to boycot Ewood until the idiots and our excuse for a manager, along with Anderson, disappear form our club.

Yes, at the moment the situation is hopeless but I have a real feeling that someone is going to spill the beans about a certain persons, shall we say 'interesting' past, which will for once, rid the club of the so called 'Loons in Pune'

Phillipl has been telling us for 12 months that some kind of revelation is going to break but all that we have had is the "revelation" that Venkys are utterly incompetent when it comes to running a football club.

Unfortunately for us there is no law against buffoonery and silence.

It could have been so very different. However we got two thirds of the way to selling to a rich Qatari consortium. That's so frustrating but it does give us hope. The Raos are not so immovable-------2 of the 3 were willing to sell despite

only owning the club for barely a year. Sooner or later they are going to prevail over that clown who will move on to a new toy?

When people say the protests haven't achieved anything, they should reflect on how close we got. We just have to wait a bit longer imo.

It could have been so very different. However we got two thirds of the way to selling to a rich Qatari consortium. That's so frustrating but it does give us hope. The Raos are not so immovable-------2 of the 3 were willing to sell despite

only owning the club for barely a year. Sooner or later they are going to prevail over that clown who will move on to a new toy?

When people say the protests haven't achieved anything, they should reflect on how close we got. We just have to wait a bit longer imo.

In a perverse way, it makes you wonder if Belaji's assurances to the FF's concerns, however malapropos they may seem, have given him an affinity with the club/supporters. Writing metaphorical cheques his sister won't cash.

Ironic if the Pune 9 have, inadvertently, prevented a sale to Qatari billionaires...

Zemblanity indeed.

Archived