BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] BBC Radio Lancashire this Wednesday

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A lot of cause for worry in that statement from the owners aimed only at Indian football fans.

Firstly they insist they are going to be around for a long time :(

Secondly they admit that to attract interest in India results must improve. How?

They don't say "by getting a new manager'! (nor would they of course.)

What's their only solution given here?------to find young Indian talent capable of playing in the Premier League! :wacko:

Is this really possible and how long will it take? What happens to the club in the meantime with no funding?

Somehow I think the Raos are all about the India and little about Rovers.

The manager is going to come under great pressure to pick Indian players in years to come. God help him if he thinks they aren't good enough.

Another reason why Kean fits the bill!

Well, if they want to engage the fans and reconnect with them then they know where to find us. We're by far the biggest rovers community and probably third to the club itself and the LT in terms of reach.

Sadly they are so keen to engage that we're currently having to jump through hoops to have a Press Association accredited journo participate in pressers (thankfully the Premier League are being much more helpful)

Well, if they want to engage the fans and reconnect with them then they know where to find us. We're by far the biggest rovers community and probably third to the club itself and the LT in terms of reach.

Sadly they are so keen to engage that we're currently having to jump through hoops to have a Press Association accredited journo participate in pressers (thankfully the Premier League are being much more helpful)

What do you mean by reach? how many hits does this place get a day?

Reach as in 'number of people who read/listen to us'. I'm on my phone at the mo, so can't easily check, but I know a while ago wo had more unique daily visitors, than the LT sold copies of the paper (though they rightly point out that have more than 1 reader per copy sold, plus their website comments)

Reach as in 'number of people who read/listen to us'. I'm on my phone at the mo, so can't easily check, but I know a while ago wo had more unique daily visitors, than the LT sold copies of the paper (though they rightly point out that have more than 1 reader per copy sold, plus their website comments)

:blink:

That's a bloody high number, bravo.

From memory we were over 100,000 unique visitors a month and close to a million page views a month (according to google analytical)

..., and the average time per visit is around 15 mins, which is about 14:50 more than a normal website

The reader poster ratio is about 9;1 which is why we need mores posting (and less arguing ... Which seems to be the no1 reason people stop posting)

It's also why I want more people involved behind the scene. We have a following we could (should) do so much more for

The reader poster ratio is about 9;1 which is why we need mores posting (and less arguing ... Which seems to be the no1 reason people stop posting)

It's also why I want more people involved behind the scene. We have a following we could (should) do so much more for

OK what about a deal?

I promise not to argue with anyone about anything (seriously challenging task for me) and you guys make us an online game?

Nothing spectacular a dart board with a pic of Keano's mug and I can throw darts at him, playing some sort of points based game.

Deal?

OK what about a deal?

I promise not to argue with anyone about anything (seriously challenging task for me) and you guys make us an online game?

Nothing spectacular a dart board with a pic of Keano's mug and I can throw darts at him, playing some sort of points based game.

Deal?

If it's real darts and real Kean I'm in

Try surveying the full membership to acertain if 9:1 is normal and why members prefer to read and not post. Maybe the 9:1 is only certain sections, have you taken an average to obtain that stat?

This is the point where I ask if we've got a flash developer in our midst ;)

Seriously, it's fun things that I want to push. We must have loads of people out there wanting to give something back that have skills we could use :)

(In the past, we've asked for people to fill gaps we thought we had, but now I want to do it the other way and find what people that they can/want to do).

Try surveying the full membership to acertain if 9:1 is normal and why members prefer to read and not post

The ratio isn't unusual for a forum, but I've been trying to target people I know USED to post and have now stopped. I also know part of the problem is being a Rovers fan in general is far far less fun than it used to be. Hence why I'm on a drive to bring the fun back.

How about a "Grassroots" forum area for members who run or play in local teams. Team managers/affiliates could have their own threads for recruiting players, blogging, club info, match details, competition progress, other updates.

Maybe even get a BRFCS team up and running and competing in a local league.

How about a "Grassroots" forum area for members who run or play in local teams. Team managers/affiliates could have their own threads for recruiting players, blogging, club info, match details, competition progress, other updates.

Are you involved Stuart and if so who with.

Ah I see an opportunity for a Kean quote!

Be positive!!!

Your not a player then?

;)

Let me put it this way. The last time I played for a JFC was 20 years ago.

I'm involved in a managerial capacity.

Always on the look out for a good coach, Maj... ;)

Have you considered the PL,

no previous needed at some clubs you know!

so then again you might be over qualified.

Here's an idea we'll send in our CV's to Rovers, you can be the manager and I'll take care of everything none football. Kelbo can help you coach.

Bet we're cheaper than Kean and less than a point a game is hardly a hard target to beat.

Here's an idea we'll send in our CV's to Rovers, you can be the manager and I'll take care of everything none football. Kelbo can help you coach.

Bet we're cheaper than Kean and less than a point a game is hardly a hard target to beat.

Go for it,

you have my vote

Like most "new section" suggestion can I suggest you start a thread (I'd do it, but I know nothing about grassroots football) and if there is enough demand we'll spin it out into it's own section.

We did used to have a 5 a side team and even played some 11 a sides after other fans teams in Europe, but we not done anything it year. So, if anyone would like to try and resurrect it, I'd love for us to be able put our name (and possibly sponsorship) to a team.

Archived