BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] BBC Radio Lancashire this Wednesday

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

After that I don't feel like putting a foot in EP until the lot of them are gone.

The writing was on the wall last season for many. It was a difficult decision not to renew my ST last May but my principles would not allow me to support new owners who were taking me(us)for complete fools and feeding us with lie after lie. I've never regretted it though which might serve as a warning to anyone from the club reading this ... that is if anybody there can be arsed taking it on board whilst the club is still clamped on to the nipple of the Premier League cash cow.

I admit it felt a bit funny earlier in the season not anticipating the week end match (although in fairness I got lots of last minute offers of ST's cos various people couldn't make it) but it's suprising how quickly I adapted. I must say at this point that various internet streams make a massive difference if I'm at a loss and doing nothing else. My only regret is that I am missing now is the spectacle of our one true talent Junior Hoilett leaving defenders for dead. But that'll pass by about the middle of May I'm sure.

Truth is it's like curtailing any addiction. I've gone through the cold turkey now and wonder why I ever bothered in the first place. I honestly don't think that I would really consider buying another ST whatever happens. Life is too short and there are so many other things to do.

Even if the Walker Trust had still been in charge at Ewood football has become a futile and thankless pastime for so many Premier league clubs like us. Our role is simply cannon fodder for the big clubs to pack out TV hours. The Prem exists for the minority rather than the majority and that cannot be healthy in the long term. I'd no doubt still slavishly buy a ST through a sense of loyalty but the easiest way to look at is that if I'd moved away from the town like so many others there wouldn't have been a decision to make.

Sounds like the club believe that any drop in sales will be down to a 'negative atmosphere' created by the protests. :wacko:

I've never known BRFC so completely out of step with its supporters.

So what do they blame this seasons drop in ST sales on? :rolleyes: That just sounds like regurgitated bull**** that they are desperately feeding to the Venkeymob to save their own skins.

Absolutely. Unless there is a fundamental change in Venky's, Kean's and their minions attitude ( or presence at the club) a lot of supporters would not take season tickets if they were free.

The Venky's and the club are in for an enormous shock this summer.

Sounds like you are regretting it now wiggy. You should have stuck to your initial words last summer and listened to Uncle Drog. :P

Empire building Meadows. People who have nothing of any real value to offer the club, are seeing opportunities that they could never have dreamed of, opening up before their starry, delusioned eyes. What's more, they're being allowed to spill all their guff due to there being no leadership at the club. To move forward, they need to go, all of 'em.

The programme was a masterclass in managed PR with the presenters instructed to give the Rovers people an easy ride and gloss over any awkward questions. So much for the journalistic integrity of the BBC.

Paul Agnew has taken a lot of stick on this mb and although he came across as being very defensive to his credit he did admit there has been an "upheaval" behind the scenes and Steve Kean had been thrown in at the deep end. I'm sure he said something like Kean is a very inexperienced manager had been thrown to the wolves.

He said that there has been mistakes made and that Steve Kean was naive when he made statements about the budget and transfer targets.

To me that did not sound like the usual PR guff that comes out the club, to me it sounded like an accurate assessment of what has been going on at the club.

One problem I did have with Paul Agnew is that he came across too defensive and his attitude was very much "them and us" (them being the fans and us being the club) whereas Paul Hunt was talking about bringing the club and fans back together.

I have spoken to Paul Hunt and I think he is a decent guy. I believe he is trying to turn things around and bring some unity back to the club however I think Paul Agnew needs to wind his neck in a bit because he sounds like he has a chip on his shoulder.

The programme was a masterclass in managed PR with the presenters instructed to give the Rovers people an easy ride and gloss over any awkward questions. So much for the journalistic integrity of the BBC.

I was that last caller and tbh I gave Andy an email with 10 very lenghty questions which he asked throughout the night. Whilst the answers laced with spin I personally think I got my question across and to be fair to Andy he allowed me to interject when they didnt answer the question. Just wish more people would have the balls to speak up! BBC have to remain "impartial" but they did let us have our say.

As for Paul Agnew - its clear he see's this as a media war with the "them and us" kind of comments and it did not do the club any favours in how the paying fans are treated!

But it has become a them and us situation, due to people on all sides.

Nobody believes anything they say anyway and people are oh so desperate to slam them and moan. As things stand they might as well just concentrate on behind the scenes business, that is part of what will keep us up. The fans should see a little common sense and cheer us on when the going gets tough. They always leave it far too late though.

Interesting how the club is trying to 're-engage' with the fans at a time when many supporters will begin to consider whether they should buy a season ticket for next season or not.

Don't think that interview would have done them any favours.

Only to those who don't want to see any positives or won't be buying a ticket. And frankly, I'm not overlyconcerned by those people.

You should be--they are fans who have been treated very badly. Without them there is no club. The probable attendance figures next season will see an Ewood devoid of atmosphere.

But it has become a them and us situation, due to people on all sides.

Nobody believes anything they say anyway and people are oh so desperate to slam them and moan.

While others turn themselves inside out to defend the indefensible.

Paul Agnew has taken a lot of stick on this mb and although he came across as being very defensive to his credit he did admit there has been an "upheaval" behind the scenes and Steve Kean had been thrown in at the deep end. I'm sure he said something like Kean is a very inexperienced manager had been thrown to the wolves.

He said that there has been mistakes made and that Steve Kean was naive when he made statements about the budget and transfer targets.

To me that did not sound like the usual PR guff that comes out the club, to me it sounded like an accurate assessment of what has been going on at the club.

One problem I did have with Paul Agnew is that he came across too defensive and his attitude was very much "them and us" (them being the fans and us being the club) whereas Paul Hunt was talking about bringing the club and fans back together.

I have spoken to Paul Hunt and I think he is a decent guy. I believe he is trying to turn things around and bring some unity back to the club however I think Paul Agnew needs to wind his neck in a bit because he sounds like he has a chip on his shoulder.

Paul Agnew is the man responsible for orchestrating the clubs smear campaign against its own supporters. He firmly positioned himself with Mr Kean months ago and is protecting his investment clearly. To wage war against your own supporters through the media is nothing short of disgusting, the man should hold his head in shame.

Lets not forget his role under the old regime was talking pictures of the mascots! Completely out of his depth, same goes for Mr Hunt, nice chap by all accounts, but out of his depth.

I thought Bayes could have pressed the point more, the Salgado issue, in particular.

Yes you could be right Matty, but with time restrictions and such like it can't be easy, they should have allotted more time to the debate in my opinion.

Paul Hunt mentioned that there are ongoing meetings with the fans forum but according to the official website the latest minutes are from 8th November and that the proposed dates for the next meetings where Tuesday 10th January and Monday 5th March.

Have these meetings taken place ?

Just under half way through listening to this BBC Radio Lancashire interview and I must say enough is enough with all Venky's PR ######...

Trying to re-engage with the fans? Why now? Why should we trust you? Why should any of us want to?

Steve Kean's suggested he has a small panzer division to keep him safe whilst hiking to Darwen Tower, and gloated, via Jerome Anderson, in the media spot light to somehow give all Rovers fans a bad name, and turn the blame on us, in effect criticising our passion.

Meanwhile, all this time we've had nothing but lies emanate from Venky's, now we're not even getting their ######-poor propaganda, just even more frustrating silence. At least when they talked tripe it was slightly humorous as well...

Its been too long, and too much had gone on, for us (or for me anyway) to let bygones be bygones. Too much heart ache and too much deceit to give them what they want just prior to selling season tickets. Let’s face it, they want to 're-engage' for a short period whilst they can make money out of us, then give us the finger.

Just go, enough is enough...

It was interesting that Paul Hunt confirmed that the stay away fans are of concern to the club, I thought he may put some sort of spin on this point but he didn’t. The way to hit the owners hard is not to buy season tickets and not to attend games, but not everybody can commit to that I know. But for the hundreds and possibly thousands that are currently voting with their feet, it makes things worthwhile when the club acknowledges the fact, as its clearly having an impact.

I must say that I thought the 'away support' only idea floated a few weeks ago was a cracking idea, probably the best days supporting the club are away from home anyhow, may give that a try next season.

Thought what Agnew said was telling,

'Last season we went to an away game on the train, and I was sitting with the Chairman, MD, the FD, the club doctor (and a few more), they've now all left, along with players with hundreds of appearences'.

He was using that story as a defence of the shambles of the last 12 months, when it is in fact the reason for it.

It was interesting that Paul Hunt confirmed that the stay away fans are of concern to the club, I thought he may put some sort of spin on this point but he didn’t. The way to hit the owners hard is not to buy season tickets and not to attend games, but not everybody can commit to that I know. But for the hundreds and possibly thousands that are currently voting with their feet, it makes things worthwhile when the club acknowledges the fact, as its clearly having an impact.

I must say that I thought the 'away support' only idea floated a few weeks ago was a cracking idea, probably the best days supporting the club are away from home anyhow, may give that a try next season.

If I stop and dont go i know for a fact i will be done completly with football.My season ticket money will go then to Bronco trips.

Paul Hunt mentioned that there are ongoing meetings with the fans forum but according to the official website the latest minutes are from 8th November and that the proposed dates for the next meetings where Tuesday 10th January and Monday 5th March.

Have these meetings taken place ?

Yes they did, albeit the January one was put back to February as people were not available. The February one was one where we had a discussion about the future of the Forum - the fans came close to pulling out but we have now clearly decided that, whilst it might have made us feel good and got some belated kudos from protesters, it would just have left fans with no one at all talking to the club on a regular basis. On balance we feel it's better to keep talking. We did not minute that meeting.

There was a meeting on Tuesday (moved to avoid Monday's reserve game) and I am in the process of writing the minutes up. Expect them to be out sometime next week.

Yes they did, albeit the January one was put back to February as people were not available. The February one was one where we had a discussion about the future of the Forum - the fans came close to pulling out but we have now clearly decided that, whilst it might have made us feel good and got some belated kudos from protesters, it would just have left fans with no one at all talking to the club on a regular basis. On balance we feel it's better to keep talking. We did not minute that meeting.

There was a meeting on Tuesday (moved to avoid Monday's reserve game) and I am in the process of writing the minutes up. Expect them to be out sometime next week.

Ok thanks.

For what its worth I think its good that the fans forum decided to keep talking to the club. The more communication the better.

Only to those who don't want to see any positives or won't be buying a ticket. And frankly, I'm not overlyconcerned by those people.

And the vast majority of fans on here are not overly concerned with your views. Actually I'm a little ashamed of myself for reacting to your trolling windups. Maybe it's time to treat you in the same way as your doppleganger PAFELL and put you on ignore.

And the vast majority of fans on here are not overly concerned with your views. Actually I'm a little ashamed of myself for reacting to your trolling windups. Maybe it's time to treat you in the same way as your doppleganger PAFELL and put you on ignore.

Do it.

Thought what Agnew said was telling,

'Last season we went to an away game on the train, and I was sitting with the Chairman, MD, the FD, the club doctor (and a few more), they've now all left, along with players with hundreds of appearences'.

He was using that story as a defence of the shambles of the last 12 months, when it is in fact the reason for it.

Yes the response by Andy should've been "why were all these changes made?"

Also very telling that of all the people that have left the club Agnew is still there, obviously he's prepared to toe the line.

Archived