BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] BBC Radio Lancashire this Wednesday

"Need to re-engage with the fans"

"Extremely concerned about the numbers staying away"

“We desperately want people to come in and enjoy themselves. We are trying to build relationships with the fan base and re-engage.”

“We want to bring people back to Ewood Park and make sure they have an enjoyable afternoon.”

SACK KEAN !!!!!! Oh no, you can't because you are completely powerless!

As for the comments about Salgado, hang your head in shame. We see more of Salgado on SS la liga coverage that anywhere near Rovers.

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think the bank manager will. I honestly think we will struggle to hit 10k season tickets...

I think it will be well below that. I travel from a west lancashire village with 8 other long term ( some lifelong)season ticket holders. NONE will renew next season unless Steve Kean or Venky's or both have left Blackburn Rovers football club.

No club (but particularly Rovers) can afford to be losing these sort of supporters.

SACK KEAN !!!!!! Oh no, you can't because you are completely powerless!

Out of interest, replace him with who?

It's fine calling for somebodies head, but what are you expecting to follow? Do you trust Venky's decision making to bring in a manager who'd keep us up? Would it not be worth sticking with a man who knows the squad?

Someone who could get us past 25 points by the middle of March?

25 points Braddock - and you find that enjoyable. :lol:

Name me a manager who you believe could do that AND would join us.

I find the football enjoyable, not the results.

Name me a manager who you believe could do that AND would join us.

I find the football enjoyable, not the results.

You believe we couldn't attract a manger who could get us past 25 points by the middle of March? Have we ever had one that couldn't?

Watching the opposition scoring more goals than us is never enjoyable to me Braddock - and that's been a regular happening under this lieing son of a gun.

Out of interest, replace him with who?

It's fine calling for somebodies head, but what are you expecting to follow? Do you trust Venky's decision making to bring in a manager who'd keep us up? Would it not be worth sticking with a man who knows the squad?

You are actually looking like a fool. I don't undertand your devils advocate stance to the point of stupidity. You're obviously not a thick person but I think you need to look at your reasons for posting on this site.

Of course there are many many better qualified bosses than kean. I would hope that the owners are contacting big names right now to replace him when we are confirmed in the premier league for next season.....just get through this shitt and start at the end of may with a quality manager.

You believe we couldn't attract a manger who could get us past 25 points by the middle of March? Have we ever had one that couldn't?

Watching the opposition scoring more goals than us is never enjoyable to me Braddock - and that's been a regular happening under this lieing son of a gun.

Yes, but who'd come to us under current ownership? And I'm guessing you'd rather Kean be sacked at the end of the season? Surely you wouldn't want him gone this morning?

Individual games I'd rather take the victory every time, but over a season or over an entire managerial reign it has to come down to more than that for me. You're welcome to disagree, which I'm sure you do but we'll just have to leave it there I guess.

You are actually looking like a fool. I don't undertand your devils advocate stance to the point of stupidity. You're obviously not a thick person but I think you need to look at your reasons for posting on this site.

Of course there are many many better qualified bosses than kean. I would hope that the owners are contacting big names right now to replace him when we are confirmed in the premier league for next season.....just get through this shitt and start at the end of may with a quality manager.

But if Venky's are the big bad wolves, the laughing stock, the asset strippers, who's going to manage under them who could do more of a job than Kean?

This isn't devils advocate, it's a serious point.

But if Venky's are the big bad wolves, the laughing stock, the asset strippers, who's going to manage under them who could do more of a job than Kean?

This isn't devils advocate, it's a serious point.

This is why most people want Kean AND Venkys out.

I was that last caller and tbh I gave Andy an email with 10 very lenghty questions which he asked throughout the night. Whilst the answers laced with spin I personally think I got my question across and to be fair to Andy he allowed me to interject when they didnt answer the question. Just wish more people would have the balls to speak up! BBC have to remain "impartial" but they did let us have our say.

As for Paul Agnew - its clear he see's this as a media war with the "them and us" kind of comments and it did not do the club any favours in how the paying fans are treated!

You did well. You asked why Steve Kean was allowed to continue with talk of bodyguards which was riling the fans further.

Paul Agnew's reply was to reiterate that he needed one by saying how sad it was that he needed one.

So the PR manager, combated poor PR with poor PR live on radio whilst sitting next to one of the top executives.

He also said that he hadn't heard anything like it in 40 years. Why does he not question why that is exactly when the fans haven't changed but the club has?

You did well. You asked why Steve Kean was allowed to continue with talk of bodyguards which was riling the fans further.

Paul Agnew's reply was to reiterate that he needed one by saying how sad it was that he needed one.

So the PR manager, combated poor PR with poor PR live on radio whilst sitting next to one of the top executives.

He also said that he hadn't heard anything like it in 40 years. Why does he not question why that is exactly when the fans haven't changed but the club has?

In his vast Rovers supporting past he seems to forget the many years he wrote for the L.E.P. Mainly covering Knob End and often slagging Rovers off, i dont :brfc:

"Need to re-engage with the fans"

Isn't that statement the most worrying thing of all though,once again,how the hell has it come to this?

The fans,the customer,the lifeblood of any football club (or business) around the world should be first and foremost THE priority.Good club/fan relations would be a big fundamental MUST at all times or so you would think....I find it totally embarrassing that they have had to come out through he media and make that sorry admission.

This is not the Rovers I have always admired,it's being run into the ground by numpty's of the highest order.

Isn't that statement the most worrying thing of all though,once again,how the hell has it come to this?

The fans,the customer,the lifeblood of any football club (or business) around the world should be first and foremost THE priority.Good club/fan relations would be a big fundamental MUST at all times or so you would think....I find it totally embarrassing that they have had to come out through he media and make that sorry admission.

This is not the Rovers I have always admired,it's being run into the ground by numpty's of the highest order.

Completely agree SG. I don't know whether to be glad they've seen sense and admit they have lost the fan base (although they didn't actually say as much on Wednesday) or continue to be cynical about the timing of a "charm" offensive just before season ticket renewal time.

Agreed.

Venky's have it in their power to change course but that will require money and a radical rethinking of policy and ideas. If they want to start rebuilding/regaining the trust of the fanbase then there needs to be change at all levels, and yes that most certainly includes the manager.

I agree with quite a bit of the above post, but clubs would soon fall apart if the fans were the main priority.

Fans have to be the club's main priority or there is no club, because they are, or should be the constant. That's not to say you have to give them all they want or give in to fan pressure to sack managers or whatever all the time. Being in charge of anything is about making the hard decisions, but it's also got to be about trying your level best to make the RIGHT decisions and carrying the fans with you. They may not like all you do but if you tell the truth and are prepared to keep them informed about your reasons for doing things, most people will remain satisfied with the club. Our owners fail because they have not ever engaged with the fans and have removed from the club all those who knew how to do it. They make the hard decisions, such as cost cutting but don't necessarily make the right hard decisions and never feel the need to be honest and upfront with fans so that even if they were now to tell the truth we wouldn't know if it was true or not. there is no longer any trust between fans and owners or between fans and management at any level at the club. We will walk in large numbers next year - I wouldn't be there now if it wasn't for the fact that my ticket is paid for and I won't be at a fair few of the games anyway because I'm abroad - but we've all agreed no season tickets in our house next year if that lot are still here, not just because of the poor results but because they don't really care if we are there or not, in anything other than financial terms. Soon it won't be a case of putting up barriers to frisk people going in - it will be barriers to stop the fans getting out.

I think all this bullying of Braddock should cease. He's a sensitive soul and might take the huff and leave us altogether.

You live by the sword and you die by the sword. Look at his post history and you'll see he wasn't so sensitive when literally insulting others. I have no problem with that, I'll just ignore him but don't try to make out he's some tortured soul who just happens to have a different point of view ;)

Archived