• NZonzi
    • Pedersen
    • Marcus Olsson
    • Formica
    • Hoilett
    • Yakubu
    • Dunn (Sub)
    • Didnt see it but would like to see the result

A crucial win against a relegation rival, and our 1st clean sheet for 30 games also.

Who was your man of the match? Someone in the backline who helped get a clean sheet? 2 goal hero Hoilett or someone else?

My choice Hoilett as he has one of his best ever games for us yesterday.

Grant Hanley was also superb throughout a once again showed how much he is improving as player.

I didn't go so won't vote but, having watched the 90 mins on sky I have to say that though Hoillett scored the goals and without them we obviously wouldn't have won, I thought Hanley was the stand out for me. Listening to the commentator he seemed to be everywhere. I don't begrudge Hoillett the credit and things do look different when you watc it live but that's my opinion.

Yeah Hanley was outstanding again, reading the game very well and making a few vital interventions.

That said, for all the stick he has received looked much more composed and his block at the end summed him up. The pairing really did deserve a clean sheet and got their reward.

To be fair the Olsson twins really looked threatening down the left, Nzonzi kept things composed and ticking with minimal fuss and we made quite a few attacks stemming from Formica's hard work, he might not always deliver a final ball but his work rate helped us keep our shape.

Hoilett was the player who stood out with 2 moments of class to seal the win however.

I've gone fort Hanley because it's the first clean sheet of the season and, with Samba and Nelson gone, it's a huge ask on young shoulders. Dann played well also along with the obvious Hoillet.

David Hoilett will (rightly) get the plaudits as he scored the two goals that won us the game.

But I was again really impressed with Grant Hanley. I lost count of the amount of times he made a timely block, tackle or covered for Dann and the clean sheet was obviously the springboard for the win.

Before Xmas I never thought that Hanley would make it as a proper Premiership player, but he's been consistently impressive since then and I'm starting to understand why he's always been rated much higher than Phil Jones at Brockhall.

The whole team deserves it in my eyes.

Everyone did there job and the amount of chasing down the opponent was second to none.

Just goes to show that we don't need to be too negative all the time playing petrovic and Nzonzi.

More of the same against sunderland and bolton and relegation will be a distant memory.

Watched it on tv so I didn't vote. I like goals. I like clean sheets. Technique for the first goal was superb. Yak's hold up play for the second was lovely.

I just thought of Jon Stead. What a legend. I vote for Steahinho.

When others call Grabbi a legend (when I think he's an overpriced, ineffective sack of turd) John Stead was an absolute hero when we were deep in the brown stuff - much more deserving of the legend tag.

Guest Wen Y Hu

The poll is now closed. Thanks to all for voting.

The result will be announced on the front page in due course. :rolleyes:

Archived