BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Fabrice Muamba

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think that the term prayer/pray doesn't have to necessarily mean the physical act of praying itself, its just an extension of 'hoping' that he'll be ok. I'm not religious at all and respect those who are, but I still dont quite get on board with the notion of thanking God for Muamba pulling through this terrifying ordeal when surely, if God is all powerful, it must have been the same God who gave him the cardiac arrest in the first place??? I have no intention of offending anybody, I just cannot understand how this works. Why can't God heal amputees?

Anyway, fantastic to hear that he's making such a quick recovery. Under different circumstances I'd genuinely hope Bolton stay up just for Fab.

I am not religious (I would call myself Agnostic) but it is quite easy to answer that question. Does the parent do all their childs work so they have an easy life? Its essentially the same argument just on a bigger/deeper scale. After all, if you do belive in God (Full Christen Version of things) then your life on Earth is just the beginning of your existance.

However the debat is completly irrelevant here, if his and his families beliefs help their mental state and recover then it doesn't matter what anyone else thinks. As everybody elses views/feelings are irrelevant, only the man himself, those involved and close to him matter. If them thanking God and beliving in God's healing power has helped, great.

Mrs Muamba tweeted this photo of him today. Looks well, I'm happy for him.

[img...

Brilliant to see :D

I am not religious (I would call myself Agnostic) but it is quite easy to answer that question. Does the parent do all their childs work so they have an easy life? Its essentially the same argument just on a bigger/deeper scale. After all, if you do belive in God (Full Christen Version of things) then your life on Earth is just the beginning of your existance.

However the debat is completly irrelevant here, if his and his families beliefs help their mental state and recover then it doesn't matter what anyone else thinks. As everybody elses views/feelings are irrelevant, only the man himself, those involved and close to him matter. If them thanking God and beliving in God's healing power has helped, great.

But...

A parent does as you suggest to better prepare their child for the time when they'll have to fend for themselves in a harsh, dangerous world. If God is the omnipotent and prescient creator that he/she/it is supposed to be, then all of those dangers must have also been created by God and are only allowed to continue to exist with his indulgence.

• Backroom

Let's not make this Into religious debate eh

Fantastic news about Muamba I don't think any of us expected this especially so soon

• 3 weeks later...

Nice to see he has recovered but I wish the media would give us just 0.1% of the mawkish sentimentality, sympathy and attention that Muamba has received. Our heart has stopped beating as well but no one will be coming to revive us or follow our progress. Instead we have the combined ranks of the media standing on the touchline laughing and telling everyone it is the fans fault whilst letting the Venkys / Anderson / Kean culprits off scott free. Maybe we need some "Pray for Rovers" t-shirts.

I hate to think how it would have been if Muamba was playing for Rovers when it happened, our fans would probably get blamed for his heart attack.

Archived