BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Fabrice Muamba

He'll be up and running again in no time, probably be there at kick off on the first day of next season. You mark my words, the boy'll be alright.

As an atheist I'm not going to be disingenuous by saying I'm 'praying' for him but I am hoping that medical science and the brilliant doctors that are treating him will see him pull through soon.

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Rovers4Good

My hearts go out to him and his family and i'll be praying that he makes a full recovery. :)

It just goes to show that we are a real football family and at times like these we can all join together to become one.

Get praying guys :)

• Backroom

I think it's a decision that should be made by Bolton. I don't think a timeline should be put on it where they have to have no football for two weeks. Saying that they should have to stop playing for two weeks could be as counterproductive as saying they aren't allowed to postpone any games.

I agree completely (for once). It should be up to Bolton as a club to decide when they're ready to play again, nobody else. It might be a few weeks, it might be this saturday. A lot depends on which way this situaton with Muamba goes.

The Guardian just now-

Bolton's next game is due to be in the Premier League, against local rivals and fellow relegation candidates Blackburn, at home on Saturday, although no decision will be made until much later in the week about whether that match can proceed.

Muamba remains stable but critical.

The Guardian just now-

Bolton's next game is due to be in the Premier League, against local rivals and fellow relegation candidates Blackburn, at home on Saturday, although no decision will be made until much later in the week about whether that match can proceed.

Muamba remains stable but critical.

I think we'll have a very good idea at the end of today about whether the game will go ahead and, more importantly, the long term prognosis of Muamba.

Nice words:

http://www.rovers.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10303~2665171,00.html

As an atheist I'm not going to be disingenuous by saying I'm 'praying' for him but I am hoping that medical science and the brilliant doctors that are treating him will see him pull through soon.

+1

Fully agree.

The problem is, horrible situations always bring the cliches out more than anything else. If he pulls through, people will be filling Twitter with 'Thank God' rather than 'Thank the highly skilled doctors'. It's the 21st century! Madness...

Anyway, I don't want to take this off topic.

I wish you all the best Fabrice. I'm sure you are in the best possible hands and will pull through okay.

A Bolton statement read: "His heart is now beating without the help of medication and he is also moving his arms and his legs.

"However, his long-term prognosis will remain unclear for some time. He is still critically ill and will continue to be closely monitored and treated by staff in The London Chest Hospital's intensive care unit."

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/mar/19/fabrice-muamba-signs-improvement

Brilliant news, let's just hope it's not premature and we now have a strength to strength situation.

Apparently there is a risk that he might have suffered irreparable brain damage from the time that he wasn't breathing.

Hopefully this is not the case, but the promising news needs to be kept in perspective. It's encouraging though, hopefully the first positive step of many to come.

LeChuck, it depends how long he went without oxygen. The medics started CPR and got the defibrillator on him pretty quick so fingers crossed he has no lasting brain damage.

Similar thing happened to Terry Yorath's son died of a undiagnosed heart condition in 1992.

If people want more information on Sudden Adult Death Syndrome or getting their loved ones hearts screened beck out the Cardicac Risk in the Young: CRY Website

Glad the news is more promising though and keeping all my fingers crossed he pulls through.

Stopped beating for itself, yes. But blood was still pumped due to the CPR so that shouldn't be a problem.

Glad to hear the latest news, was fearing the worst watching on Saturday

Edit: Even better news, now being reported he is speaking again. Minimal words but it's a damn good start.

Breathing and words? Thank Heavens.

Someone mentioned the Guardian, they also had a story on a health condition HOCM, I forget exactly what that means but it was talking about the heart of some of these athletes. It said it was also called Hokum. I'm sure a websearch of those terms can help you find something.

Assuming the game is still on, and he's doing OK, a flag wishing him well from the rovers fans, would be a great gesture. Could the BRFCS.com flag be adapted for this one game?

Anyone up for it?

Den thats brilliant work.For christs sake we have been shown to be complete arses this year by the media and this would be a genuine decent gesture. It must not turn into or be construed as a publicity stunt(surely it couldn't be viewed as that could it ??).

But i would subscribe to that no problem.

A big '' Best wishes Fabrice , get well soon'' massive flag would be well received by all , surely.

Archived