BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Manager for next season in Championship

Yea we all know he won't be going anywhere (and who would want to work for these clowns anyway) but in certain situations false hope is better than no hope, if only to help us through the day.

My first choice if he'd come up north would be Curbishley. I believe he led Charlton to 7 mid table finishes, something like from 7th to 15th and where are they now? Oh yea playing us next season. And if I remember correctly they played some nice football too and a West Ham fan I ran into once rates him also.

Souness number 2 if he fancied it as he would sort us out. Next comes Billy Davies/Mick McCarthy and then probably an up and coming manager with a good track record such as Di Canio....if not any manager with Championship experience as that is vital......hence the situation at Leicester with Sven Goran Eriksson.

No matter who it is, Tugay or Salgado as assistant.

Although Anyone-But-Kean sounds good on paper I seriously do not want Shearer, Ince, Avram Grant and probably also Tony Mowbray due to his reign at Celtic.

I have a few friends who support teams in the Championship and it will be a very hard league to come up from even if we managed to assemble a decent squad. Especially so if QPR come down with us. U have Wolves and the other prem team.....the teams that missed out in the playoffs......the teams just outside the playoffs such as Derby and Middlesbrough......the teams who maybe underachieved this season such as Leeds and Leicester.......perhaps Charlton, Sheff Wed and maybe someone else coming up.......and finally any1 from the likes of Watford, Ipswich, Brighton, Burnley etc if they have a good season.

Off topic slightly but 3 signings I would love for us to make (among others) are Lewis McGugan from Forrest, Graham Dorrans from West Brom and Aron Gunnarsson from Cardiff

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Latest odds on Next Blackburn Manager

Shearer - 5/2

Benitez - 11/4

Hiddink - 6/1

Solksjaer - 6/1

Souness - 6/1

Dave Jones – 7/1

Steve Bruce – 8/1

Avram Grant – 10/1

Curbishley – 10/1

Walter Smith 10/1

Roy Keane – 14/1

Slaven Bilic – 20/1

Billy Davies - 33/1

Ian Holloway - 40/1

Source - Stan James

And even before yesterday's press conference, Kean was 8/11 to be manager next season. I'm guessing cos I haven't looked but surely those odds just got even more heavily stacked in his favour?

Kean will be at Ewood next season - therefore me and several thousand others won't be - close thread.

And even before yesterday's press conference, Kean was 8/11 to be manager next season. I'm guessing cos I haven't looked but surely those odds just got even more heavily stacked in his favour?

Kean will be at Ewood next season - therefore me and several thousand others won't be - close thread.

Totally agree. The events of yesterday show just how strong the link between Desai and Kean really is. Like it or not Kean is our manager until the owners decide to leave.

Totally agree. The events of yesterday show just how strong the link between Desai and Kean really is. Like it or not Kean is our manager until the owners decide to leave.

Still worth discussing in case venkys are forced out.

I honestly think that if Kean popped his clogs, the very next day we would discover the reason he'd visited India.

Mrs D: "we are very upset, as are all Blackburn supporters, with the sad passing of our brother Steve. But we have some very good news. We in Venkys have developed cloning technology and here is our new manager, Steve Kean 2.0! Our friends will be delighted to know we have a limitless supply of Steves in our Pune laboratory."

Still worth discussing in case venkys are forced out.

Who is going to stump up £25 or £30 million to buy the club? The Premier League have already said that they have not broken only rules or regulations, simply made poor decisions. In those circumstances they can't be forced to sell.

Latest odds on Next Blackburn Manager

Shearer - 5/2

Benitez - 11/4

Hiddink - 6/1

Solksjaer - 6/1

Souness - 6/1

Dave Jones – 7/1

Steve Bruce – 8/1

Avram Grant – 10/1

Curbishley – 10/1

Walter Smith 10/1

Roy Keane – 14/1

Slaven Bilic – 20/1

Billy Davies - 33/1

Ian Holloway - 40/1

Source - Stan James

That could be the funniest thing I've seen in ages, at a time when we all need cheering up.

Rafa Benitez or Hiddink for a broken, skint club run by peasants?

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know how realistic talk of Solskjaer is manager ever was, but I came across this OGS documentary the other day. Even if results had been poor (Although winning the league in your first season in management is pretty good going) just imagine having a person like Ole instead of Kean at the helm.

Archived