BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Manager for next season in Championship

If the current team played as it did at WBA, Swansea and Tottenham it would struggle to stay in the Championship.

The current team would certainly not come straight back up that's for sure.

Coming up wasnt the question.....going down was his point.

As for cheap managers...

Managers out of work...

Lee Clark

Curbishley

Bruce (please no)

McCarthy

Shearer (No chance whilst club in a mess)

Walter Smith

Roy Keane

Souness

Sven

Available for Cheap...

Tugay

Flitcroft & Jansen

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It has come to me that Guardiola is delighted by the interest shown by Venkys for his services.

What does it matter if we sack Kean, no one will bother to manage a club owned by Venkys. Throughout the season they have clearly demonstrated their incapability of reigning over a football club. This has not gone unnoticed by. When sacking Kean we will most likely be stuck with someone alike. Who else would want this job?

I read some information about the Venkys' share price. Venkys had a quite decent and sound company a year ago, but the share have decreased by 50% in the last year. Not saying this is because of the turmoil at Blackburn, but it certainly put a stopper to their willingness to invest further in the club. Their company is not that solid anymore. My guess is that we will see huge reduction in staff and players the coming season, and a restructuring of Blackburn which will not benefit the club.

Im not saying we should stay with Kean.

Venkys is the problem here, they need to sell, and then we should sack Kean. We need owner who can facilitate for an experienced manager.

Latest odds on Next Blackburn Manager

Shearer - 5/2

Benitez - 11/4

Hiddink - 6/1

Solksjaer - 6/1

Souness - 6/1

Dave Jones – 7/1

Steve Bruce – 8/1

Avram Grant – 10/1

Curbishley – 10/1

Walter Smith 10/1

Roy Keane – 14/1

Slaven Bilic – 20/1

Billy Davies - 33/1

Ian Holloway - 40/1

Source - Stan James

Shearer - 5/2

Benitez - 11/4

Hiddink - 6/1

Solksjaer - 6/1

Souness - 6/1

Dave Jones – 7/1

Steve Bruce – 8/1

Avram Grant – 10/1

Curbishley – 10/1

Walter Smith 10/1

Roy Keane – 14/1

Slaven Bilic – 20/1

Billy Davies - 33/1

Ian Holloway - 40/1

Source - Stan James

What?

There isn't a position vacent, and there won't be any time soon.

A manager who has experience of getting sides promoted even if they haven't managed it on the first attempt is what we need. It's going to be very difficult indeed to get back up, people sometimes underestimate how competitive a league it is.

Curbs would be my number one choice but he won't work for these owners. Mick McCarthy wouldn't be a long term option but is decent at this level and has promotion experience.

A manager who has experience of getting sides promoted even if they haven't managed it on the first attempt is what we need. It's going to be very difficult indeed to get back up, people sometimes underestimate how competitive a league it is.

Curbs would be my number one choice but he won't work for these owners. Mick McCarthy wouldn't be a long term option but is decent at this level and has promotion experience.

Here's the rub, the guys who are good at going up generally aren't good at staying up. I wouldn't want either of those two, but who knows who the Overlords will appoint.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Shabby in charge.

I'd like Tugay.

Here's the rub, the guys who are good at going up generally aren't good at staying up. I wouldn't want either of those two, but who knows who the Overlords will appoint.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Shabby in charge.

I'd like Tugay.

I agree totally that's why I said McCarthy isn't a good long term option. There doesn't seem to be many managers that fit both criteria, 1. get a team promoted and 2. keep them up there.

But I guess we have to focus on getting out first which is the first hurdle.

I'm surprised you don't rate Curbs Maj, his record is very decent and has experience in getting sides up and keeping them there. Concerned he's been out of the game too long?

Shearer - 5/2

Benitez - 11/4

Hiddink - 6/1

Solksjaer - 6/1

Souness - 6/1

Dave Jones – 7/1

Steve Bruce – 8/1

Avram Grant – 10/1

Curbishley – 10/1

Walter Smith 10/1

Roy Keane – 14/1

Slaven Bilic – 20/1

Billy Davies - 33/1

Ian Holloway - 40/1

Source - Stan James

Benitez and Hiddink at those odds!? Are they having a laugh!!

I think I'm more likely to take the job now we're in the Championship than those two.

Also, since Venky's won't know who any of these people are, it's surely all down to who they pay to advise them on the matter and who this said persons clients are.

Assuming we have an exodus of players before Kean leaves we will need someone who can get the best out of young players. We've got a decent foundation at youth level to build on, but it's nothing without proper care and attention.

I agree totally that's why I said McCarthy isn't a good long term option. There doesn't seem to be many managers that fit both criteria, 1. get a team promoted and 2. keep them up there.

But I guess we have to focus on getting out first which is the first hurdle.

I'm surprised you don't rate Curbs Maj, his record is very decent and has experience in getting sides up and keeping them there. Concerned he's been out of the game too long?

Aye it is a tricky choice. Curbs is a southerner he loves it down south and wouldn't most likely move up here. He has been away for a while and as Kenny's finding out you can't play/train the same way you did back then.

My issue is there is a bigger picture to appreciate and for me the more important task (I cannot believe I'm writing this as a manager is the football club) is unity and getting fans and club back together. So much of the club has been lost that I now honestly think appointing a player with no management experience, but a good grounding is the way forward.

Alex McLeish have that promotion experience?? He will be out of a job very soon.

I wonder if Salgado has his badges. Dunn I think is doing his..

Aye it is a tricky choice. Curbs is a southerner he loves it down south and wouldn't most likely move up here. He has been away for a while and as Kenny's finding out you can't play/train the same way you did back then.

My issue is there is a bigger picture to appreciate and for me the more important task (I cannot believe I'm writing this as a manager is the football club) is unity and getting fans and club back together. So much of the club has been lost that I now honestly think appointing a player with no management experience, but a good grounding is the way forward.

Gary neville & Salgado if you want to go down the ex - player route

I wonder if Salgado has his badges. Dunn I think is doing his..

Gary neville & Salgado if you want to go down the ex - player route

I believe that Salgado said on twitter that he's planning on studying for his over the the next couple of months.

Coming up wasnt the question.....going down was his point.

As for cheap managers...

Managers out of work...

Lee Clark

Curbishley

Bruce (please no)

McCarthy

Shearer (No chance whilst club in a mess)

Walter Smith

Roy Keane

Souness

Sven

Available for Cheap...

Tugay

Flitcroft & Jansen

I would normally agree with you on Bruce. But if and a big if, they did decide to get rid. I would have Bruce instead of Kean. Ironically it is probable the cheapest option, as he would want Black with him. Any other manager would want his own assitant with him.

This is surely a pointless discussion. Kean is Desai's man and as Desai is going nowhere Kean will remain in post. If Desai had wanted rid of Kean the Hunt e-mail gave her the perfect excuse but instead it is Hunt who has gone. The Kean/Desai partnership will continue until Venky's finally sell up.

Shearer - 5/2

Benitez - 11/4

Hiddink - 6/1

Solksjaer - 6/1

Souness - 6/1

Dave Jones – 7/1

Steve Bruce – 8/1

Avram Grant – 10/1

Curbishley – 10/1

Walter Smith 10/1

Roy Keane – 14/1

Slaven Bilic – 20/1

Billy Davies - 33/1

Ian Holloway - 40/1

Source - Stan James

Some strange prices on that, Hiddink shorter price than Steve Bruce, Billy Davies worth a punt at that price, think the source should be Sid James not Stan James

Some strange prices on that, Hiddink shorter price than Steve Bruce, Billy Davies worth a punt at that price, think the source should be Sid James not Stan James

:lol:

Imo we need to spot a hungry up and coming young manager who can wheel and deal on a budget, instill hunger and a fierce team ethic into a group of players and someone who is also adept at bringing through young players.

It can be done as the likes of Lambert, McDermott, Rogers, Adkins and Holloway have shown and notwithstanding the failure of our last attempt to appoint someone of that ilk in Ince.

Really really wouldn't want Mick McCarthy. Couldn't see the old "experienced pair of safe hands" type appointment in the shape of someone like Curbishley pulling up any trees either.

Archived