BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Manager for next season in Championship

Keep Kean as Manager til Venkys are made to sell up.

Keep pressure on during rest of May/June/July.

Start next season with big away support and constant anti-regime tactics.

Low home gates with demos outside.

FORCE REGIME CHANGE AND NOT TINKERING.

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

as soon as its confirmed we are down get round the bookies and ask for the best price on Rovers going down thats what I'm doing ; again next season cos thats what will happen for sure if Coco is still here and Venkys still own the club we'll see another season of the club being raped and pillaged even further !

Anyone who thinks the side we have now is good enougth for the championship is totally as thick as Kean , but what will happen once our better players leave to be replaced by inferior journeymen on cheaper wages but hey Coco's got the wage bill down :angry2:

Not happening, so how about - Support your team?

Demos' in this country means nothing, they live in India and wont even get told of whats happening outside the ground.

Anyone who thinks the side we have now is good enougth for the championship is totally as thick as Kean

:wacko::blink::wacko:

Really?? I think that is among the most stupid posts have ever seen on here....Robbo, Givet, Yakubu, Olsson x2, Hoilett and quite a few others would walk that league.

Demos' in this country means nothing, they live in India and wont even get told of whats happening outside the ground.

Really?? I think that is among the most stupid posts have ever seen on here....Robbo, Givet, Yakubu, Olsson x2, Hoilett and quite a few others would walk that league.

How many of them will be here next year (probably none except the shitOlsson)? Although I have heard Hoilett is signing within the next 24 hours....

ha ha what a fool pal so you think our side is better than Southampton , west ham , etc get real pal...Givet not been in side until Norwich game contractual reasons apparently , don't you remember the forfeit against cardiff lol...any side Kean picks mate the opposition is a good chance of beating us and don't deny it.....If you think we'd come back up with our 1st XI then your on the same drugs as coco thats before Olson Martin , Robbo , Yak , Hoilett , Givet , etc all leave

How many of them will be here next year (probably none except the shitOlsson)? Although I have heard Hoilett is signing within the next 24 hours....

Coco as assured us this on many occasions ...lol

Claire he said our current team, not team after people leave.

Tell me honestly - would our CURRENT team go down in the championship?? Because according to the geezer above, he reckons we would?

Tell me honestly - would our CURRENT team go down in the championship?? Because according to the geezer above, he reckons we would?

I dont think it would go down, I don't think it would come back up either. The same players with Kean not in charge possibly could, but that isn't looking like an option atm is it.

Living in Huddersfield, and working with a load of Town season ticket holders, Lee Clarke was not particularly well regarded even in the run of lossless games.

Having seen them in last years play off final, I can understand why.

Admittedly he'd be an improvement on Kean but so would Lee Mack - at least he is a Rovers fan.

I'm intrigued by your post pal, why didn't they like him?

I'm intrigued by your post pal, why didn't they like him?

Wouldn't say they didn't like him more a case of him being seen as being far less the Messiah than those on the outside seemed to believe.

Inability to change tactics, overt reliance on one player but not playing him when it really mattered, half the games dull beyond belief, seeming to think not losing was better than winning (how many draws in that sequence?), failure to see anything was wrong with performances.

Obviously the fans could be just demanding too much ...

Sorry for bringing this thread back up. But we know Venkys will not want to spend money in compensation to another club for their manager - if they decide to get rid of kean. So that means they would want to replace him with somebody who is out of contract.

What decent manager is available who is out of contract, and would be able to do a decent job in managing a championship side.

The only one's I can think of at the moment is Mick Macarthy, Bruce.

Why would they sack Kean now? There's nothing left to lose.

He will only go when his contract runs out and isn't renewed - unless he loves it here so much he'll take a pay cut.

Mick McCarthy working for Venky's?!

Nope.

But there is a reason why I brought this thread back, which I cannot say at the moment.

All I can say is a list of managers who are not at a club is required. Just noticed Kamy has posted about Keans future to be discussed. So a related subject.

If the current team played as it did at WBA, Swansea and Tottenham it would struggle to stay in the Championship. The current team would certainly not come straight back up that's for sure.

To win promotion we would need to build a team that could deal with the Championship and then rebuild once promotion was achieved - which is what we did under Souness.

Unfortunately, the owners have shown no inclination to invest in the Premier League so I doubt they will invest in the Championship. If the cutbacks continue I can't see how anyone would want to replace Kean although I suppose there are always those who are so desperate to get back into the game that they would even work for Venky's.

We need a manager with experience of the championship and a record of getting promotion. This would never be my usual shout but maybe we need a Billy Davies type. Worked wonders with forest and derby in the championship.

• Backroom

I'm a sucker for sentiment so would love souness and tugay

Other than that I'd like to give lee Clarke a shot although its a risk we may not be able to afford at the mo

Archived