BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Black

I remember you being very pro-Venky's for a long time until you finally woke up. You are of course entitked to change your mind as events do change perceptions but be careful because the Great Fat One on here will accuse you of gross hypocrisy. The cognoscenti of course warned about Venkys' right from the outset.

It would seem that my point has been proven - say anything that can in the slightest way be construed as being positive - and you are pro-Venky or pro-Kean.

I would need to look back at all my posts - but I can't think of anything off-hand that I would change my opinion on. I still think that using Rovers as a vehicle to help sell the Venky brand could have been mutually beneficial - I still think that to call for Kean's head after the Wolves match (when we had only one recognised centre half) was premature - I still don't understand the supposed asset stripping where Venky's make some money and I still think that Kean has helped to promote and support younger players (this is something I have always heavily caveated).

BTW - I did think that Rovers should have replaced Kean during the summer - but as soon as it was obvious they weren't, and had given him the transfer budget - it seemed pragmatic to give him a chance.

If this all makes me pro-Kean or Pro-Venky - you live in a very blinkered world.

Venky's cost cutting has been savage and has hurt the club in a devastating way, all premeditated.

While I agree it needed to be done, it was done with far too much haste and will result in relegation. The trimming should have been spread over a couple of seasons to keep more experience at the club.

IMO it wasn't pre-meditated - it was a reaction to the pressure the bank put on them after making a hash of the finances previously.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If this all makes me pro-Kean or Pro-Venky - you live in a very blinkered world.

There is nothing blinkered about seeing something that is obvious as the nose on your face. I would suggest you were blinkered and blinded over the ludicrous promises coming out of Pune.

'I gave him a chance', what does that even mean? I knew the bloke was useless from day one, but as I bought my tickets and cheered on the players, I am happy with the chance I gave him. what more can he ask?

Though my priority is giving the club a chance, something it never had with that clownshoe in charge.

'I gave him a chance', what does that even mean?

:D

An often used expression when the author is incapable of making any kind of judgement on a situation. The phrase is currently being used alongside the "well, we've gone full circle and that was always going to happen under the trust" argument - in defence of previous backing for the manager and owners.

There is nothing blinkered about seeing something that is obvious as the nose on your face. I would suggest you were blinkered and blinded over the ludicrous promises coming out of Pune.

The promises that got my attention was to put in £5m each window - to invest in younger players etc. and to increase our image in India.

The failed Ronaldinho attempt - posturing about Beckham - they were stupid to publicise their pursuit - but can't blame them for trying.

Champions League - I thought at the time a bit far fetched - but you have to have ambition.

I think you could have a career on Blackpool prom if you foretold from the start that our owners would go back on their promises. Or possibly you are one of the people that seem to have had it in for owners from the start - reasons are plentiful now - but I wonder what they were when they first bought the club.

The promises that got my attention was to put in £5m each window - to invest in younger players etc. and to increase our image in India.

The failed Ronaldinho attempt - posturing about Beckham - they were stupid to publicise their pursuit - but can't blame them for trying.

Champions League - I thought at the time a bit far fetched - but you have to have ambition.

I think you could have a career on Blackpool prom if you foretold from the start that our owners would go back on their promises. Or possibly you are one of the people that seem to have had it in for owners from the start - reasons are plentiful now - but I wonder what they were when they first bought the club.

You must be very gullible if you believed anything they said. It was all too good to be true - and that is exactly the way it has turned out.

It wasn't difficult to see this.

As you remember DMTP, most on here were prepared to see what was going to happen before they made a judgement, even after Wolves away, I remember reading MANY posts saying, lets see if theyve learnt any lessons. So, posts like that are a bit of a poor do.

But the reason they have not been trusted from the get go, is because their actions and words from day one have largely been that of people who shouldn't have been allowed anywhere near a football club.

'I gave him a chance', what does that even mean? I knew the bloke was useless from day one, but as I bought my tickets and cheered on the players, I am happy with the chance I gave him. what more can he ask?

Though my priority is giving the club a chance, something it never had with that clownshoe in charge.

'I gave him a chance' to me meant that I wasn't on his back from the start of the season.

There was an improvement towards the end of the previous season - some of the previous failings seemed to being addressed. He was a rookie manager learning on the job. Did I think he could turn it around - I had huge doubts (as I said I would have replaced him during the summer) - but the previous season had finished on a relative high (on what had gone before).

I wish you had been on United's board of directors when Fergie started his career there - as I am sure you would have been calling for his head.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing - though I find your insight so comforting.

'I gave him a chance' to me meant that I wasn't on his back from the start of the season.

There was an improvement towards the end of the previous season - some of the previous failings seemed to being addressed. He was a rookie manager learning on the job. Did I think he could turn it around - I had huge doubts (as I said I would have replaced him during the summer) - but the previous season had finished on a relative high (on what had gone before).

I wish you had been on United's board of directors when Fergie started his career there - as I am sure you would have been calling for his head.

Aye, because his two league titles and a European trophy with Aberdeen is comparable to Steve flaming Kean! :lol:

The end of last season was a relative high by Kean's low standards and surprise, surprise he has sunk to new depths this season

Fergie came very close to the sack at United - as has been well documented.

Hindsight is wonderful but foresight is even better. Some have it but you apparently do not.

As you remember DMTP, most on here were prepared to see what was going to happen before they made a judgement, even after Wolves away, I remember reading MANY posts saying, lets see if theyve learnt any lessons. So, posts like that are a bit of a poor do.

I didn't say many posters ?

Even Nicko commented that some people had been putting rumour's around from day one to destabilise the club.

In general - I think I have proved my point though - saying anything that could be deemed as being even slightly positive - and there are some posters on here waiting to jump on you like a pack of hungry wolves.

Aye, because his two league titles and a European trophy with Aberdeen is comparable to Steve flaming Kean! :lol:

Nice to see that the reason for the comment went over your head. :wstu:

Even Nicko commented that some people had been putting rumour's around from day one to destabilise the club.

In general - I think I have proved my point though - saying anything that could be deemed as being even slightly positive - and there are some posters on here waiting to jump on you like a pack of hungry wolves.

No DMTP, you have seen the light and good for you.

However, you are tring to take the moral high ground over posters who were right a year ago and are right now.

IIn general - I think I have proved my point though - saying anything that could be deemed as being even slightly positive - and there are some posters on here waiting to jump on you like a pack of hungry wolves.

Positivity is fine if it is justfied but not when you are defending the indefensible.

Nice to see that the reason for the comment went over your head. :wstu:

You best explain then, I thought Man United keeping on a manager who had achieved plenty prior to taking over meant he got more time to turn it round, especially in days when there was no CL and/or PL money to fight over.

Kean deserved what exactly?

Given everything that has happened since then do you still think Nicko was right?

It's interesting he stopped posting on here round about the time of his fail £50m budget bombshell. How did that prediction turn out?

• Backroom

There was an improvement towards the end of the previous season

We won two of our last fourteen games :blink: we beat a rubbish Bolton team who were already safe and Wolves on the last day of the season, and nearly threw that match away as well when we conceded our customary two goals.

There was no reason whatsoever to give Kean a chance this season. I don't think anyone considers themselves a sage for predicting Kean was going to cause us to fail again this sseason - it was bloody obvious.

I despair sometimes.

I don't think you have to be mystic meg to see that three indian siblings who've inherited a fortune are not teh best people to be running a provincial english football club, when the matriach has only ever seen one game in her life. These people are chicken farmers. Unless the aim was to turn david Dunn into nuggets then why were they getting involved with us? All the denger signs were there from the start.

Call it spider sense, intuition, street smarts, it just didn't seem a good proposition.

Any lingering doubts should have been banished when Allardyce and McDonald were unceremoniously binned.

Slowly but surely this club has been wrecked.

Friday, January 20, 2012

Eric Black has been named as Steve Kean's assistant at Blackburn Rovers. "I am delighted that Eric has agreed to come on board," Kean told the club's official website. "He is someone with extensive coaching experience at the highest level and I feel sure he will play a key role over the coming months."

Really?

I despair sometimes.

I don't think you have to be mystic meg to see that three indian siblings who've inherited a fortune are not teh best people to be running a provincial english football club, when the matriach has only ever seen one game in her life. These people are chicken farmers. Unless the aim was to turn david Dunn into nuggets then why were they getting involved with us? All the denger signs were there from the start.

Call it spider sense, intuition, street smarts, it just didn't seem a good proposition.

Any lingering doubts should have been banished when Allardyce and McDonald were unceremoniously binned.

Slowly but surely this club has been wrecked.

If you look at it logically, this had disaster written on it from the start - chicken farmers, based in India, without any knowledge of football buying a football club?? Crazy...

A football agent calling all the major shots and in charge of transfers, crazy....

Where have all the good people gone? They have left the club. Our set up at the moment, Vinny Rao in charge, who the f**k is he?

All a calculated plan with the club being destroyed along the way - we may never come back.

It would seem that my point has been proven - say anything that can in the slightest way be construed as being positive - and you are pro-Venky or pro-Kean.

I would need to look back at all my posts - but I can't think of anything off-hand that I would change my opinion on. I still think that using Rovers as a vehicle to help sell the Venky brand could have been mutually beneficial - I still think that to call for Kean's head after the Wolves match (when we had only one recognised centre half) was premature - I still don't understand the supposed asset stripping where Venky's make some money and I still think that Kean has helped to promote and support younger players (this is something I have always heavily caveated).

BTW - I did think that Rovers should have replaced Kean during the summer - but as soon as it was obvious they weren't, and had given him the transfer budget - it seemed pragmatic to give him a chance.

You accuse Jim of being blinkered but your views have been equally blinkered and even worse you appear to suffer severe myopia too. Jim, Den, Gunner and I plus a number of others got fearsome stick for seeing through the Venkeys right from the start. So too did Dave Whelan. In your position you need to display some humility and concede a little respect. You need to rem that the difference between intelligence and wisdom is age. ;)

IMO it wasn't pre-meditated - it was a reaction to the pressure the bank put on them after making a hash of the finances previously.

You are writing as if there is a structure at the club or normal decisions are being made - it is becoming clearer that the Rao family are running us into the ground. We don't have a chairman or chief exec FFS!

They can't communicate and attendances are already declining, just wait for next season.

It is not about about being pro or anti Venky - they are don't care about the football side of the club or have qualified people in the boardroom (or a commercial dept for that matter).

THEY SUBJECTED THE CLUB AND ITS SUPPORTERS TO NATIONWIDE RIDICULE IN THE PRESS AND MEDIA.

THEY SUBJECTED THE CLUB AND ITS SUPPORTERS TO NATIONWIDE RIDICULE IN THE PRESS AND MEDIA.

Sorry Caps are to differentiate not shout.

Moving on to your final sentence....

Greasy pony tail and good old fashioned intuition did it for me. Must work cos I'm rarely wrong. :tu:

The first question I asked myself when their takeover was announced was 'WHY? The second was 'What do they hope to gain'? The third was "if it were me how could I make money out of this deal"? I did not like any of the options that I came up with.

If I may speak for PhilipL and others... they suffered most disquiet re: the involvement and influence of Jerome Anderson.

Now.... How come none of that stuff occurred to you even when it had been spelled out a hundred times? Without being rude I can only think of one reason and that is stubbornness. I suggest you missed a career at Blackpool too....carting kids around all day on your back.

But the reason they have not been trusted from the get go, is because their actions and words from day one have largely been that of people who shouldn't have been allowed anywhere near a football club.

In short ... They and their regime staff have been proven base pathological liars. And the people they lied most to is us, the supporters.

'Even Nicko'? Struth! Everyone must know that Nicko can't lie straight in bed! :lol::rolleyes:

Using that red top press hack to validate your point just shows how dumb you are. Nicko had gone over to the dark side by then.... just like most of the press and media since.

Archived