BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Real Ale

Radio Lancs reported this afternoon that 60 jobs were at risk at Thwaites, as the brewer began the consultation process before leaving its town centre site for an 'un-named location'.

It went on to say that the craft brewery, opened in 2011, was safe. Where is this craft brewery?

It's on the same site in the town centre but on a smaller scale than the main brewery.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Thwaites move out of Blackburn, although not too far away - they obviously need a more suitable location that is purpose-built for their brewing needs in the 21st Century.

The existing location has served them very well and been adapted and modified to the limit.

• Replies 972
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Stereotyped nonsense but then I wouldn't expect anything else from you. Our local has traditional ales and it is well patronised by normal people.

For the record, I wouldn't drink lager even on a hot summer's day, but then that is my preference.

I for once agree with you, Jim.

Does/has anybody on here brew their own beer?

I got a starter kit from my wife for my birthday. Gave it a go and turned out great. Plan is to master the kit and then take it to the next step of mashing. It's great looking at all the different recipes available online!

Does/has anybody on here brew their own beer?

I got a starter kit from my wife for my birthday. Gave it a go and turned out great. Plan is to master the kit and then take it to the next step of mashing. It's great looking at all the different recipes available online!

I don't but 2 neighbours across the road do and they are always asking me to try out their latest creations. They've brewed some nice ale.

It looks like a complete pain though. They spend hours on it making large batches that if you don't sup quick enough goes off.

It just seems easier for me to go and buy it.

It's on the same site in the town centre but on a smaller scale than the main brewery.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Thwaites move out of Blackburn, although not too far away - they obviously need a more suitable location that is purpose-built for their brewing needs in the 21st Century.

The existing location has served them very well and been adapted and modified to the limit.

I wouldn't be surprised if they moved out of Blackburn.

From my experience of Aussie lager absolutely nothing.

Mainly only old men and our equivillent of 'chavs' drink generic lager. The last few years has seen heaps of micro-breweries producing great beers including Pale Ale, IPA, Pilsner etc.

From my experience of Aussie lager absolutely nothing.

Mainly only old men and our equivillent of 'chavs' drink generic lager. The last few years has seen heaps of micro-breweries producing great beers including Pale Ale, IPA, Pilsner etc.

Two comments made without foundation:

The first quote:

what "Aussie" Lager have you tried?

The second quote:

This "old man" doesn't drink "lager" on a regular basis. I'll have the odd one ,probably a VB (now that it's back to 4.9% and has to come through the taps in a good fashion), interspersed with Coopers Pale ale, Urquell, 4Pines, Bitburger, Konig, Tsing Tao, Peroni, to name a few.

Nate, I think you'll find the "Chavs" in Aus drink "blonde beer" It's got less carbs don't you know. Doesn't stop them from drinking gallons of the stuff. Tasteless crap imo.

Taste is king, with a bit of a bite.

I bought a few bottles of alcholic dandelion&burdock from asda over christmas, it was delicious(although very naughty as you couldnt even Tate a hint of alcohol, even though it was about 4-5%.)

And also Jeremiah weed ginger beer, very tasty(much smoother and less gingery than crabbies)

The second quote:

This "old man" doesn't drink "lager" on a regular basis. I'll have the odd one ,probably a VB (now that it's back to 4.9% and has to come through the taps in a good fashion), interspersed with Coopers Pale ale, Urquell, 4Pines, Bitburger, Konig, Tsing Tao, Peroni, to name a few.

Nate, I think you'll find the "Chavs" in Aus drink "blonde beer" It's got less carbs don't you know. Doesn't stop them from drinking gallons of the stuff. Tasteless crap imo.

Taste is king, with a bit of a bite.

Apologies Dave, I'm from Brisbane, where XXXX Castlemaine is king ^_^

Archived